Awesome cats?

yelloweyedcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are your Cats awesome? Can they/could they do amazing things?

My Dad's Cat, which died a few years ago, could honestly open our windows. He used to slip his paw underneath the handle, push upwards and then push against the window. We had to start locking the windows in the end. I used to drive him bonkers too when playing with him. He loved it when I used to hide behind one of the chairs in the sitting room and peek behind it and say 'Boo' Everytime I repeated this process he'd be getting closer to me until he would jump on the chair and whack me across the head, haha.

My current Cats (Tibbs and Fidget) I have yet to find any awesome talents like this at the moment, though Fidget is good at getting what she wants and Tibbs hiding from me. I always wonder how hard it is to lose a Cat in such a tiny flat. 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of mine is a thief (take stuff out of your purse/bags) and he recently discovered how to open the guest bathroom door. It has a round doorknob, not lever style.

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Bailey was a kitten he would do pull-ups on the curtain rod. He would wrap his paws around the rod like he was hugging it and pull himself up. He would look at me with the cutest expression, like he was saying "yep, that's right, I'm a cat doing a pull-up".

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Mewlittle opened a cat food can once :/ I do not know how she did it

And my cat Brandon knows how to open the cabinet door it has no handles -_-

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Rainbow Bridge cat, Max, was an awesome cat. I taught him how to play hide and seek. I would say, "Max, I am going to hide from you." He would stand there and give me time to run and hide. Then he would walk through the house with his tail held high and look until he found me. He also walked on the treadmill with me. He was an amazing cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yelloweyedcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Rainbow Bridge cat, Max, was an awesome cat. I taught him how to play hide and seek. I would say, "Max, I am going to hide from you." He would stand there and give me time to run and hide. Then he would walk through the house with his tail held high and look until he found me. He also walked on the treadmill with me. He was an amazing cat.
A bit like my Dad's Cat Smudge.  :) They truly are magnificent creatures. Far more intelligent than what we give them credit for. If I did believe in reincarnation then I would say Smudge was a human in his past life as he just did odd, human things, if that makes sense? He'd look at me as if he understood me. 

Your boy sounded wonderful. :) The happy memories can hurt because you miss them but I wouldn't change mine for the world. Just wish Smudge didn't have to leave us so soon. x

yelloweyedcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Mewlittle opened a cat food can once :/ I do not know how she did it

And my cat Brandon knows how to open the cabinet door it has no handles -_-
I don't find that hard to believe given what Smudge could do. Amazing animals. 

Did you ever catch them in the act? I never did with Smudge, but did see it once, though he had already opened the window by then and was pushing it forward.

yelloweyedcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of mine is a thief (take stuff out of your purse/bags) and he recently discovered how to open the guest bathroom door. It has a round doorknob, not lever style.
Ha! I don't know if it was on this forum or another pet one (Cannot remember as I've had a few drinks) but I remember reading a thread about Cats taking bras from out of clean washing baskets and piling them up by someone's door, as well as embarrassing things like undies, tampons, socks, etc. Lol. Good thing for those peeps as they didn't have Cat flaps. I think one did say they came home to clean washing (Mainly undies) scattered on their lawn, lol.

Isn't it awesome with the opening of things?

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't find that hard to believe given what Smudge could do. Amazing animals. 

Did you ever catch them in the act? I never did with Smudge, but did see it once, though he had already opened the window by then and was pushing it forward.
yes i caught them in the act wen i caught mewlittle i herd a can open so i went in the kitchen and saw her on the floor with the cat food can and it was me and my grandma was the only ones home at the moment and i caught Brandon a million times in the cabinet and he also can open a plastic storage container the 30 gal ones -_-

and my RB cat could open the screen door we had to make sure to leave the front door shut so he couldn't open the screen door that was behind it.

yelloweyedcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When Bailey was a kitten he would do pull-ups on the curtain rod. He would wrap his paws around the rod like he was hugging it and pull himself up. He would look at me with the cutest expression, like he was saying "yep, that's right, I'm a cat doing a pull-up".
Sounds like that was entertaining for you. :D

yelloweyedcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes i caught them in the act wen i caught mewlittle i herd a can open so i went in the kitchen and saw her on the floor with the cat food can and it was me and my grandma was the only ones home at the moment and i caught Brandon a million times in the cabinet and he also can open a plastic storage container the 30 gal ones -_-

and my RB cat could open the screen door we had to make sure to leave the front door shut so he couldn't open the screen door that was behind it.
Haha, so adorable. Fidget has a knack at jumping on the top of the fridge where the canned food is stored, dipping her paw in and eating the food. She hasn't been doing it lately since feeding her raw and have started to put the food in the cupboard now, lol. She's not that super to open tins though.

Cats are awesome when it comes to opening doors,etc.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cat, Max, who I have already mentioned in this thread would get in the shower with me. It was a shower stall, one step up. The first time I saw the curtain rustling a bit, I thought it was hubby playing around. Boy did I get s surprise when Max stepped up in the shower with me. He did it many times as he loved the water. He slept in the bathroom sink and would never move when you turn on the water to wash your hands.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aya does lots of special things. She is a champion tree climber. When she was a kitten she would play fetch and do mid-air backflips for her goldfish toy.

yelloweyedcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat, Max, who I have already mentioned in this thread would get in the shower with me. It was a shower stall, one step up. The first time I saw the curtain rustling a bit, I thought it was hubby playing around. Boy did I get s surprise when Max stepped up in the shower with me. He did it many times as he loved the water. He slept in the bathroom sink and would never move when you turn on the water to wash your hands.
A Cat loving the water. 
 Bet it wasn't so fun when he was soaking wet though. Lol. Smudge used to come in the bathroom with me when I was taking a bath but didn't like the water. He used to sometimes jump up on the sides of the bath and because it was wet, slipped in. He was quick to jump out, shaking like a leaf. Bless him. 

Weird you say that as when we first found Fidget as a stray she used to sleep in our bathroom sink and enjoyed drinking from out of the tap. Never did move her as she was quite aggressive then. Doesn't do it anymore now though.

yelloweyedcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aya does lots of special things. She is a champion tree climber. When she was a kitten she would play fetch and do mid-air backflips for her goldfish toy.
Awesome. :) Cats are also good at climbing trees and then whining for you to come and get them, though they can easily get down. Laziness in one, haha.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A Cat loving the water. 

Bet it wasn't so fun when he was soaking wet though. Lol. Smudge used to come in the bathroom with me when I was taking a bath but didn't like the water. He used to sometimes jump up on the sides of the bath and because it was wet, slipped in. He was quick to jump out, shaking like a leaf. Bless him. 

Weird you say that as when we first found Fidget as a stray she used to sleep in our bathroom sink and enjoyed drinking from out of the tap. Never did move her as she was quite aggressive then. Doesn't do it anymore now though.
Max loved to stand on the edge of the sink and drink water from the turned on faucet. He was truly a one of a kind cat.

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Parker says "hello" when he thinks he is alone and he knows tricks. So far he can do sit, lay down, speak, wave and spin.

yelloweyedcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Parker says "hello" when he thinks he is alone and he knows tricks. So far he can do sit, lay down, speak, wave and spin.
What an awesome cat you have. Mine don't talk.  They just meow when they're hungry and purr when they're having cuddles. :D