At What Age Does A Kitten No Longer Need Mom's Milk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ask if you can call their vet. If they have any responsible pet owning background, they'll have a vet, and will be fine with you calling them.

That kitten has a long tail and big ears. Definitely over 8 weeks old. They should be able to eat/drink anything the adults can.
Ok so probably not Shadow's then since Shadow disappeared just before the 22nd. And not Wichapi's as Wichapi was just here eating and had nothing to do with the kitten. Good idea about the vet. Sadly vet offices are closed til Monday here so I have to figure something out til then.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops forgot to ask, so I don't need to be buying kitten food? If she wound up remaining I would but for maybe just a day or two no? Sorry the only kitten I had was Pepper and she was 3 months when I acquired her. I'm not used to one this tiny. Does this kitten look malnourished? I can't get her to eat although she did just drink a little bit of water

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
At that age, Demi ate Friskies Pate and Purina Kitten Chow.
Thanks. Now another question. How do I protect her from the groundhog, raccoons and possums? Obviously none of my neighbors care to take her in til I get her to a shelter and Treasure has totally adopted her so I may even have a fight on my hands trying to take her away. You know by now my situation with Mom and the garage. What a horrible mess this is.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
It's going to be dark here in like 2 hours (before I'm forced to lock up and set the burglar alarm). I don't see a good outcome to this tragedy

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
If she's lived this long she's a smart kitten. Try not to worry too much.

It would be good to get kitten chow if you can, but if not don't worry about it. Most adult foods are for "all life stages" anyway.
She's gone. I found someone to take her. I followed your advice about the vet and it was confirmed she's a responsible pet owner. I"m a little sad and Treasure hates me now. Crying but nothing I could do without Mom blowing another fuse.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw. She'll be sad for a bit but they only knew each other for a day or two. She'll be OK in the end :).

It's much better for the baby to be in a nice home. You did good.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
That's excellent that she has found a good home. It was the ideal outcome. :)

Since there is another thread on this and since it has been resolved, we will lock this one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.