Ashton Kutcher replacing Charlie Sheen?!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewwww! I read that Ashton Kutcher is replacing Charlie Sheen in "Two and a Half Men"!!

I'm not a fan of Kutcher's. Never have been. IMHO the only reason anyone knows who he is is because of Demi Moore.

I've seen every episode of "Two and a Half Men" and I can tell you that because I cringe whenever I see Kutcher's face on the television, and can't turn the channel fast enough, that I won't be tuning in to the show anymore!!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it will be kinda interesting how they work him into the show. I, too, really liked Charlie on the show, but he is no longer and we'll see what happens!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the show has run its course. The "half" is now a mostly-grown man, definitely not the cute little guy they started with. I really don't see how they could go anywhere with the show at all. Although, I haven't watched it since the first season (when it was kinda cute and had fairly clever jokes without being too dirty), I've only seen snippets here and there while changing the channel. But still, I don't see it lasting much longer, no matter what actors they bring in.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had understood that as long as Ashton takes his shirt off periodically and remains non-threatening, he was a guaranteed success amongst the 14-30 female demographic.

What I never figured out was whether or not Charlie Sheen was faking it or not, and just using the crazy antics and what not as a publicity stunt. After all, isn't he the highest paid TV actor of all time now with a sold out tour and clothing line and who knows what else?

If the show was already winding down, then a fake crazy persona ala Sacha Baron Cohen (from Borat etc) was a smart move.

sweetpea24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I cannot stand ashton kutcher. He can only do one character and it:s defionitely not charlie's. Hugh grant would have been better. I don't think the show will survive. Though I think that jon cryer and angus do a wonderful job not to mentiom the mother, charlie added a cool nonchalance and perfect timing that kutcher isn't capable of IMHO. Rob lowe would be viod too but he orobably didn't want to get involved. I loved this show. The list of good tv shows is dwindling.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am also disappointed about Ashton being Charlie in the show. I, too, doubt the show would last.

we'll see, we could be surprised.. doubt it.lol

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was never a fan of Ashton but after seeing an interview with Piers Morgan I had a new respect for him. He seems very mature and intelligent. Since Charlie Sheen is neither of those things, perhaps Ashton is not such a good "substitute".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ducman69

I had understood that as long as Ashton takes his shirt off periodically and remains non-threatening, he was a guaranteed success amongst the 14-30 female demographic.

What I never figured out was whether or not Charlie Sheen was faking it or not, and just using the crazy antics and what not as a publicity stunt. After all, isn't he the highest paid TV actor of all time now with a sold out tour and clothing line and who knows what else?

If the show was already winding down, then a fake crazy persona ala Sacha Baron Cohen (from Borat etc) was a smart move.
When I think of a "hunk", his name isn't on the list!!

So far as Charlie Sheen faking or not, that's up for debate. He took random drug tests and his results came up clean each time. He has always been somewhat flamboyant and had toned it down for many years. He said in many interviews that the was just tired of having to be someone he wasn't and decided to start being himself.

For me? Personally I think he is bi-polar.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ashton couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, he is terrible and not the right man to star in Two and a half Men. No one can replace Charlie Sheen. His jokes and timing are fantastic, I doubt the show will go past one season, if that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

Ashton couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, he is terrible
Which is why I feel his only claim to fame is because of his wife Demi Moore. Until it broke that she was dating him, no one had ever heard of him.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Never watched the show - the morals are off-balance for me.

As for Ashton Kutcher - he's an interesting guy - seems to be hard working.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashton_Kutcher
... Kutcher enrolled at the University of Iowa in August 1996, where his planned major was biochemical engineering, motivated by the desire to find a cure for his brother's heart ailment...

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Which is why I feel his only claim to fame is because of his wife Demi Moore. Until it broke that she was dating him, no one had ever heard of him.
He was in That 70s Show long before he married Demi Moore. I don't think I've ever seen him in anything else.

http://www.that70sshow.com/

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've also been a huge fan of 2 1/2 Men; I think Jon Cryer is terribly under-rated and Berta the housekeeper and the Mom (can't think of her name) are fabulous.
I don't think Ashton Kutcher is much of an actor, and I don't see how they can simply bring him on as Charlie. I'm assuming a new character ( a cousin, an out-of-welock 1/2 brother) will be introduced.
DH and I had an idea of how to keep the door open for Charlie Sheen in case he ever sobers up. We thought Rose should kidnap Charlie, lock him in her basement, and blame it one her husband Manny Quinn.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

I've also been a huge fan of 2 1/2 Men; I think Jon Cryer is terribly under-rated and Berta the housekeeper and the Mom (can't think of her name) are fabulous.
I don't think Ashton Kutcher is much of an actor, and I don't see how they can simply bring him on as Charlie. I'm assuming a new character ( a cousin, an out-of-welock 1/2 brother) will be introduced.
DH and I had an idea of how to keep the door open for Charlie Sheen in case he ever sobers up. We thought Rose should kidnap Charlie, lock him in her basement, and blame it one her husband Manny Quinn.
I think Rose will be the reason Charlie leaves. Last season Rose left for London and Charlie will follow her, that is one way to have him gone. Ashton will come in as you said, a cousin or friend and take over the beach house. I do believe Jon Cryer is fantastic as the role of the brother. I will watch the first show to see just what goes down but after that, I doubt I will watch again. I really can't stand Ashton.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GloriaJH

Never watched the show - the morals are off-balance for me.

As for Ashton Kutcher - he's an interesting guy - seems to be hard working.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashton_Kutcher
That's one reason Ashton will probably not be a good replacement. Charlie is a moron and Aston is much more intelligent. It's hard to play a fool unless you are one.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never been a huge fan of Two and a Half Men anyway. I think that calling Charlie Sheen an 'actor' is ridiculous since for the past 8 years he has been playing himself!
I am interested in how they will introduce Ashton Kutcher's character.....but I really am in disbelief of Charlie Sheen's popularity to begin with!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YUK!!!!!!! YUK!!!!!!!!!!! I do not care for Ashton, or his acting...
Two and a half men will not fly without Charlie Sheen IMO. I won't watch it anymore....... Bummer

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

No one? Seriously?!?!?!?