Are you kidding me?!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I have this customer in here, and they left today with their vehicle, all fine
and dandy, so they call back accusing us of STEALING their cassette tapes for their tape player...so I was like okay, I asked all the guys who worked on the vehicle if they had seen anything or forgot to put them back in, they said nope, they didn't see anything. So I got on the phone with the customer and told them, and they didnt believe me! So then they go and call the insurance company and report it! .... Okay, so the lady from the insurance company calls me, and we deal with it. Here's where it gets good...

So they came in just furious, claiming that we stole their tapes! So I had one of my guys look in their vehicle to see if they were under the seat or if the customer over looked them....yup, they were in the CENTER COUNSOLE!! Seriously, don't you think you'd look thru your whole car before coming in and accusing someone of stealing something?

Didn't even get an "I'm sorry" from them either. Seriously...some people are just mean!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

People like that should be hung up by their toenails.
I agree!! I am just fuming!! Like they couldn't check their vehicle BEFORE they started accusing us and my workers?! UGH!

Sorry....I just had to vent!! This is why I don't like working with the public most of the time!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forget alot of where I place things... but I never accuse until I have turned it inside out

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I forget alot of where I place things... but I never accuse until I have turned it inside out
EXACTLY!!
At least you (and most people) look EVERYWHERE before going and accusing people of stealing!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's horrible! I hope they never sit on juries!

I'm so sorry that happened to you

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sheesh....you shoulda clued them in to the fact that tapes aren't worth much anymore! Helllooooo people! Ever heard of CDs? Doesn't matter if you don't have a cd player...ya should still know what one is by now!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just mad cuz we tell them to take out all valuables before repairs are started so in case something MIGHT be replaced while repairs are being done to their vehicles....some people just DONT listen!!

Thanks everyone for listening to me vent!!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why on earth would anyone steal cassette tapes! Most cars have cd players, I can't imagine tapes would be worth anything if pawned. That's just silly.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some people just aren't happy unless they are picking a fight.
Sorry you had to get drawn into their silliness.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Must be the day for it!

I had a guy called who said one of my guys spilt grape juice on his white carpet in a room they didn't even go in and cancelled his cheque until we fixed it. So I sent out a company we use for cleanups when we do messy jobs - they sent me back an email saying the stain is at least 2 years old and has been covered by a chair for a while as there is a discolouration of the carpet :roll:

He still won't pay us and now we have paid this other company to go and look at it too UGH

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Must be the day for it!

I had a guy called who said one of my guys spilt grape juice on his white carpet in a room they didn't even go in and cancelled his cheque until we fixed it. So I sent out a company we use for cleanups when we do messy jobs - they sent me back an email saying the stain is at least 2 years old and has been covered by a chair for a while as there is a discolouration of the carpet :roll:

He still won't pay us and now we have paid this other company to go and look at it too UGH
Some people think they can get away with everything!