Are you home?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not home

I was born and raised in Hopatcong, New Jersey. My parents decided to move when I was 17, which meant I had to go too. We ended up in Kannapolis, North Carolina. Then I met the man who is now my husband, and I moved to Summerville, South Carolina a year after leaving Jersey.

I miss Jersey terribly! Most of my family still lives there. I loved the snow, the beautiful weather in the spring/summer/fall, the trees changing color, the places, being close to NYC, and just everything about the state. (Though I could do without the crappy places
) Unfortunately Rob never wants to leave SC
I said we need to compromise.

I really dont think there is anything I dont miss. I even liked the traffic and driving with the nutty Jersey drivers!!

Every time I go back up there, I end up in tears when it's time to leave. But I just love going back and feeling like I'm truly home again.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. I was in Connecticut until the seventh grade, when I moved to Massachusetts. After high school, I went to Vermont for college, and after college I moved here to New Hampshire.

I don't miss CT or MA. Where I grew up in CT, has really expanded. There are so many new stores and shops there, and it's not the quiet little town/city it was before. I actually kinda enjoyed where I grew up in MA though. It was a small town, where people knew each other. It was nice, kind of like where I live now. Except I'm closer to stores here than in MA.

The only thing I do miss is that I have no family or friends around here. I have 2 friends that we hang out with sometimes, but no one else. All of my family, except my parents and brother, are in CT too, and that's about a 3-4 hour drive for us from NH. I miss my little cousins a lot, they are growing up so fast.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, what I mean is, do you live where you grew up?

Nope.

If not, what do you miss most about your home area?

I miss the mountains and the oceans and the coffee and the seafood and the crazy people and the nude hotsprings up in the mountains.

What do you NOT miss about your home area?

I don't miss the way people refuse to pay taxes on things that are really necessary and also the high cost of living (mainly caused by people from a different, more affluent state coming to live and driving up prices of property and everything but refusing to pay for stuff like schools and law enforcement).

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never lived more than 20 miles from where I was born. I've moved several times since leaving home at 19, but I haven't moved far. I can't imagine living anywhere else and have no desire. I live in Paradise!!!