Are you going on vacation this year?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

He's never been to Disney World! I could understand that more if he lived in say, Wisconsin,
EXCUSE ME...................... for living in Wisconsin!!
I would have to be sedated to do to Disney World with all those screaming kids!!
They should have adults only days!!!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I would have to be sedated to do to Disney World with all those screaming kids!!
No offense to Wisconsers meant of course! It just seemed far enough away that I could understand people never having been to Disney.
You'd be surprised though. There really aren't screaming kids everywhere! At least the last dozen times I've been! (When you live here you go to Disney far more than you probably should)
The rides adults usually enjoy are quite different from kids rides.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With all of the new house expenses, we probably won't be able to go anywhere this year
I'll just go on vacations vicariously through you guys!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I know, what about Islands of Adventure...one of the Universal parks??? Now THAT place is AWESOME and I can guarantee a distinct lack of screaming kids!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Great America is just over the WI/IL border-lots of people go there from my neck of the woods. Or Wisconsin Dells (aka BIG TOURIST TRAP) for the indoor/outdoor water parks. Those are really popular around here!!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by meiam

i'm going to try...i have a friend that runs a renaissance fair, and i'm going to try and make it up there to visit him, and sell some of my costumes, so maybe there will be a little profit in the trip
ooooo that sounds great. We missed the one here in Gig Harbor, WA last summer because it got so rained out (after sun for 60+ days straight). Do you know where/when/ etc? Can you send me a PM with the info if you have it????? We would love to go. We already spent last week in Utah and we have nothing much scheduled for summer, as we spend summers here in the NW because it's so nice. Getting both Eric's and my schedules together is near to impossible. We don't have any glamorous trip plans.
Just down the street to see the new baby goat works for us!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Ooooooh I know I know! We should ALL go to Disney World and have a Disney TCS convention!!!!!!!!!
OMG Can you imagine?
Disney is such a "goofy" (no pun intended) place anyway. We'd all be so wound up and silly.

brianlojeck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
went to Vegas for a week last month, and we're going on an anniversary/wife's birthday cruise in September. It's our first cruise, so it's a short 4-day one. I'm hoping it's fun, cause we're coming up on our 10th anniversary and need to think of something special to do. a long cruise might just fit the bill...