Are you going on vacation this year?

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey everyone!!! We are all going to Stephanie's this summer (Winter for the Down Unders)

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bf and i have been on a down side lately so im taking a break and going to sicily by my self with my parents. i plan to only go for 1 week though not 3 anymore.

Then in september or october we are going to turkey Bf and i

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

You know all we need is for someone to pick a place and say "Right this is where were going to have the TCS convention!".

Even if it's 2 years from now?, i'll travel
That is a really good idea!!!

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not this year. Last year I spent a week in Cancun and also a week in Myrtle Beach. So I'm actually vacationed out in all honesty. I don't WANT to go anywhere.

Plus, now that I have six cats & one on a special diet, it's just too hard to ask / expect anyone to come to my house to feed them twice a day!

And I don't wanna leave the house. I have WAY too much to do in my front yard and now that I have started, tearing up & redoing things, I am totally fueled by creativity and found out my thumb isn't as brown as I thought.

And, the big dinger: My hospital bills, my daughter's hospital bills. *sigh*. Even on payment plans, her bills from her heart surgery are $100 a month. Mine's smaller but they still SUCK. So uh, all that dinero going out each month for the 2 hospitals cut the vacation fund down to nil. At least the hospital who did her surgery took pity on me when I told them both her situation and mine were 'do or die' and they "let me" keep the payment to $100 til it's paid in full. blah...

But next year I promised my daughter a trip to Florida, complete with a plane ride. She's never been on a plane. There's an island called Captiva on the west coast of Fla that I was told about years ago. So next year we're going for a week. Just have to find a housesitter & can trust with my beloved monsters.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well in October I'm going to Vegas with 5 of my co-workers. Our jobs all end Sept 30th so we decided to do somewhere all together as we never have before!! Perhaps a couple long weekends to visit my niece in Chicago. Perhaps small trips around the state visiting some nurseries and gardens. Maybe to Virginia to visit my sister. Anyone can come to visit me!!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

I hope to take a few days off sometime this Summer for my vacation. Sierra and I will stay here, though, since we live on the beach!

Ah yes, this made me realize I can count my whole summer as a vacation!!! I'll be going back to my parents house at the beach for a few days out of every week starting in a couple of weeks.
I can't wait! I adore my hometown so much and I can't wait to be at the beach every day I'm there with friends from high school and then to go get pizza or beach cones in our bathing suits right after. I really hope I end up there permanently one day, the atmosphere is truly amazing!!!!!! So basically, all of summer (minus the weekends when I'm back in Orlando teaching aerobics or working at the visitation center, and minus the time it will take me to send my grad school apps) is just one long vacation!!!

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey don't tempt me Carrie!, i havent been to cyprus but i think it's heat is very similar to greece?. I've been there 4 times at it's hottest which was 33...........love it!!!
Yes susan, cyprus is in the greek islands, i'm told the temps will be in the late 80's-90's when i'm there
, sunbathing here i come

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey don't tempt me Carrie!, i havent been to cyprus but i think it's heat is very similar to greece?. I've been there 4 times at it's hottest which was 33...........love it!!!
You've been to Greece 4 times Susan? Color me jealous!
I'm vacationing on a budget this year.
My best friend from college and I are going to Tampa, FL for a few days over Memorial Day weekend. We're staying at my aunt and uncle's house (I told you it was on a budget!!). We'll spend a couple days at the beach, but the whole reason we're going is to spend a day at the Big Cat Rescue!
We both donate money to it, so we are SUPER excited to spend a day among so many cats!!! Should be a great chick trip
Of course, we'll both spend the entire time moaning about how much we miss our babies!!!

I'm late July, I'm going to San Antonio for 2 weeks. Of course, it's a business trip, but that won't stop my coworkers and I from partying it up on the River Walk in the evenings
and shopping in Mexico on the weekend!!! Olè!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vacation? Only where my computer, my imagination, and this website will take me!

rarepuss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I really wanted to, but it may not look like, only about march-may next year

It's going to be a cruise - possibly carribean, mexico, panama canal or transatlantic
it all depends really, i still haven't picked the destination.

So... i've decided to take my vacation budget and buy a new set of earrings

What do you think? they're white 14K gold, 3ct diamonds (color H, i1 clarity)

cyclesarah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep...hubby and I are going to Ireland June 1-11th...and we really need it!

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
me and bf are going to our free week in ocean city md in august.. His family rents a huge condo and we all stay together. We went last year and I thought it would be uncomfortable but the place was big enough that it wasn't.. and the best part is we are considered "the kids" so we tag along and don't pay a dime
Probably won't last much longer because when we start having some of our own we'll have to be the payers but we're enjoying it for now!

I'm trying to get away on a mini vacation too maybe to d.c. or niagra falls.. just for a weekend..

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

My best friend from college and I are going to Tampa, FL for a few days over Memorial Day weekend. We're staying at my aunt and uncle's house (I told you it was on a budget!!). We'll spend a couple days at the beach, but the whole reason we're going is to spend a day at the Big Cat Rescue!
We both donate money to it, so we are SUPER excited to spend a day among so many cats!!! Should be a great chick trip
Of course, we'll both spend the entire time moaning about how much we miss our babies!!!
You didn't tell me you were going to be so close to me! Tampa is an hour and a half from Orlando. In fact, that's where my roomie is right now. Her boyfriend goes to USF (South Florida) in Tampa and so they swap who goes to see each other each weekend! How crazy to have you just a hop, skip, and a jump away!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

You didn't tell me you were going to be so close to me! Tampa is an hour and a half from Orlando. In fact, that's where my roomie is right now. Her boyfriend goes to USF (South Florida) in Tampa and so they swap who goes to see each other each weekend! How crazy to have you just a hop, skip, and a jump away!
Oh chick, I'm in Tampa several times a year! My whole family lives there (minus my older brother who lives in-you guessed it-Orlando!). My mom went to USF in Tampa back before Busch Gardens amusement park was there....she used to go to the Busch brewery every Friday and get a little blitzed (they gave good deals to the college students)

I'm hoping next year to go to Orlando for a short vacation- Bradley's never been to Disney World, can you believe it?!?!?!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Oh chick, I'm in Tampa several times a year! My whole family lives there (minus my older brother who lives in-you guessed it-Orlando!). My mom went to USF in Tampa back before Busch Gardens amusement park was there....she used to go to the Busch brewery every Friday and get a little blitzed (they gave good deals to the college students)

I'm hoping next year to go to Orlando for a short vacation- Bradley's never been to Disney World, can you believe it?!?!?!
He's never been to Disney World! I could understand that more if he lived in say, Wisconsin, but you guys are just right up the road!!! I love Disney World still to this day! You should go to Wet N Wild while you're here as well. You've probably been before, but I just never get enough of it!!! AND it's EONS cheaper than Disney!

meiam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i'm going to try...i have a friend that runs a renaissance fair, and i'm going to try and make it up there to visit him, and sell some of my costumes, so maybe there will be a little profit in the trip