Are You Feral Or Not??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missasilin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten won't even let me touch her paws !!! Wish my kitten (who has been with is since 7 weeks and now 10 months old ) was as 'feral' as beaker lol
Haha right? I fed her outside for 10 months before finally catching her so I was so sure she was feral. I now always refer to her as my #fakeferal. Imposter!! I tell her you know, if you wanted to come inside so badly, you could have told me 10 months ago!

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm you are the second person to think she might have some bengal in her! I've been massaging her paws so she gets used to that, perhaps today I'll try introducing the clippers but not actually clipping yet and see how that goes. I hope I can find her a new family she will accept, otherwise I'm in for a lifetime of keeping 2 cats separated which is not ideal! She hasn't shown interest in wanting to venture out of the bedroom yet but when she does, that's when things will get complicated.
I think I am the same person hehehe I find It funy (and quite sweet) that there are tons of people in the "describing cats" section asking if their cats could be part bengal when phisically their cats do look nothing alike and you, who have a girl with quite a good bengal look, just are too focused on her wellfare to care about her breed.
You may not have problems with her actually wanting yo get out of the room if you keep spending time with her as you have been doing. I think the only interesting thing for her right now is her human.

missasilin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I am the same person hehehe I find It funy (and quite sweet) that there are tons of people in the "describing cats" section asking if their cats could be part bengal when phisically their cats do look nothing alike and you, who have a girl with quite a good bengal look, just are too focused on her wellfare to care about her breed.
You may not have problems with her actually wanting yo get out of the room if you keep spending time with her as you have been doing. I think the only interesting thing for her right now is her human.
Haha whoops! Here is a pic from the very first time I saw her 10 months ago. I do remember thinking she was very pretty but I am so bad at breeds :) it would be cool if she was part bengal, I have a friend with 2 bengal cats and they are just stunning. They almost look like leopards!
IMG_3441.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm you are the second person to think she might have some bengal in her! I've been massaging her paws so she gets used to that, perhaps today I'll try introducing the clippers but not actually clipping yet and see how that goes. I hope I can find her a new family she will accept, otherwise I'm in for a lifetime of keeping 2 cats separated which is not ideal! She hasn't shown interest in wanting to venture out of the bedroom yet but when she does, that's when things will get complicated.
Oh, that's a normal look for me because my feral kitten who is now 13 going on 14 is extremely bonded to me and fierce in her affection! I don't mind -- in fact, I love it because I know it's her way of telling me she loves me. But the thick fleece cat blankets I keep around the house are good to put on my legs to keep them from looking like that. ;)

If you follow the Jackson Galaxy/expert method of introducing them, I'm thinking your two cats will become friendly or at least tolerant of one another. I hope this is what happens!

Good luck with the clipping "drills".

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Haha whoops! Here is a pic from the very first time I saw her 10 months ago. I do remember thinking she was very pretty but I am so bad at breeds :) it would be cool if she was part bengal, I have a friend with 2 bengal cats and they are just stunning. They almost look like leopards!
View attachment 193045
That looks like a pretty good "horizontal flow" marbling to me. Spotted and especially rossetted bengals are easier to recognize, but yeah, I really see bengal traits in her. If you want to talk about this more in depth, you can open a thread in the "describing cats" section or open a private conversation with me and maybe abyeb abyeb StefanZ StefanZ and @1CatOverTheLine if they feel like it.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
That looks like a pretty good "horizontal flow" marbling to me. Spotted and especially rossetted bengals are easier to recognize, but yeah, I really see bengal traits in her. If you want to talk about this more in depth, you can open a thread in the "describing cats" section or open a private conversation with me and maybe abyeb abyeb StefanZ StefanZ and @1CatOverTheLine if they feel like it.
I agree with your assessment, Beaker could very well have a Bengal in her ancestry- as suggested by her markings and athletic build. She's so beautiful!

missasilin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
4D44EAF8-5147-46FC-AB3C-F1788B6D75B3.jpeg
Hi all, I haven’t post in quite a while but I wanted to update you. Beaker the “feral” cat, who I caught after feeding her outside for 10 months with the intent of TNR, is now a loyal, loving, playful indoor cat who has found her forever home- mine ❤ She still hides from any visitors who come over but when it’s just me at home you would be hard pressed to find a friendlier cat. Thanks to everyone who offered advice and encouragement during the rough beginning weeks when I wasn’t sure what to do with her.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 201377 Hi all, I haven’t post in quite a while but I wanted to update you. Beaker the “feral” cat, who I caught after feeding her outside for 10 months with the intent of TNR, is now a loyal, loving, playful indoor cat who has found her forever home- mine ❤ She still hides from any visitors who come over but when it’s just me at home you would be hard pressed to find a friendlier cat. Thanks to everyone who offered advice and encouragement during the rough beginning weeks when I wasn’t sure what to do with her.
:hellocomputer::clap: :clap2: She's beautiful and you're fantastic:hearthrob::redheartpump:

missasilin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow !! I knew you would keep her though... what about Mrs boo ? That’s not her in the pic with her ?
My poor Mrs Boo, at the ripe age of 17, has been slowly going downhill :( she is still with me but not for much longer I don’t think. She still growls when other cats come near her (the other cat in the pic is a foster) but she just doesn’t have the energy to aggressively fight like she used to. Beaker is smart enough to stay away and the feliway diffuser takes the edge off too. So they’ll never be BFFs but they do coexist so I’ll take it!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had to read the earlier messages to re-familiarize myself with Beaker, then I saw "fake feral" and remembered! Happy to see she's settled into her new home.

Very sorry, though, to hear Mrs Boo is not in good health. Any specific symptoms, or just "old age".

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
My poor Mrs Boo, at the ripe age of 17, has been slowly going downhill :( she is still with me but not for much longer I don’t think. She still growls when other cats come near her (the other cat in the pic is a foster) but she just doesn’t have the energy to aggressively fight like she used to. Beaker is smart enough to stay away and the feliway diffuser takes the edge off too. So they’ll never be BFFs but they do coexist so I’ll take it!
:alright: :grouphug::hearthrob::redheartpump::grouphug2::vibes::vibes:

missasilin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had to read the earlier messages to re-familiarize myself with Beaker, then I saw "fake feral" and remembered! Happy to see she's settled into her new home.

Very sorry, though, to hear Mrs Boo is not in good health. Any specific symptoms, or just "old age".
Just old age, she’s been eating less, losing weight, sleeping more. She doesn’t appear to be uncomfortable so that’s good, so I don’t force food on her- some days she’ll eat, some days she won’t.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 201424
Oh yes and she plays way more gentle so the scratching situation is much better. I can pet her tummy, hold her, everything!! Shes basically a normal cat except she’ll never show herself to strangers.
That too may change with time and patience. Gypsy still isn't happy being held although Scott can hold her like a baby and occasionally and only when I have long pants on she will sit on my lap. She loves being brushed and nuzzled, and massaged. Tummy offered up for rubs often. 20170805_170458.jpg 20171009_180905 (1).jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just old age, she’s been eating less, losing weight, sleeping more. She doesn’t appear to be uncomfortable so that’s good, so I don’t force food on her- some days she’ll eat, some days she won’t.
Has she been to the vet for a checkup? It could be something like constipation that a food change might help. Or even thyroid that could be helped with a pill. Or, like you think, just old age. In any case, give her lots of hugs. :catrub::hugs: