Are you boycotting?

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm avoiding all wet foods made by Menu, and all wet & dry foods with wheat gluten, until this is sorted out. I don't plan to boycott anyone, though. This kind of thing could happen to any company.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not specifically "boycotting" Menu Foods to prove a point, but I will not buy ANYTHING made by those brands who use Menu Foods and contain any wheat type products, just because I don't trust the products at the moment.

I generally by wheat/grain-free products anyway, and I need to go shopping today and will be extra careful.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't buy anything made by the affected brands recall or not, so I don't know what to vote for!

Of course, this could have just as easily happened to any company as there's a n element of just plain bad luck involved. Human food, pet food...when we buy any kind of food that we don't personally grow in our backyards (and even then!) we're at risk for these things to happen. We do the best we can...personally, I try to keep the companies I buy from as local as possible, but even that's not always realistic. So no, I don't think I'd boycott just because of this. It just re-cements in my mind that the system with which we get our food is totally broken. Partly why I chose to become vegetarian.