Are you a Yankee or a Rebel?

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

59%! That's a surprise. I've lived in Illinois my whole life. Course, my Mom & her entire family are from the south; I guess a lot of it's rubbed off.
Yeah, but depending on where you live, you could be awfully close to Missouri, Kentucky or Tennessee!

I'm 19% Dixie, myself, which makes sense since I've lived here my entire life and have no family whatsoever in the south to rub off on me!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and what do you call Molassess. I have been known to call it sorgum and molassess depending on what I am using it for. If its for my biscuits its sorgum if its for baking my sweet taters, yes I say taters and maters, then its mollassess. Either way its good stuff

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

100% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!

lol...that was fun.
lol, i think it's safe to say i'm a Rebel
LOL Same here, 100%. And I don't go to drive through liquor stores, but they are all over around here. Even the 'nice' ones have a drive through window.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 78% Dixie. Your neck must be a just little rosy!

I was born in texas....but my family is from ohio...and I have now lived in alabama for 11 years...so I guess the alabama has stuck with me the most..lol

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

I also say over yonder and I put down that I call a crawdad that but I actually call it a crawdaddy
and I was working one night at the other nursing home and me and Jimmy was getting ready to change someone and I told him to get me a piller slip and he said what, and I said a piller slip and he said what did you say and by then I was irriatated and I said a piller slip ***** and he just fell over laughing and said he heard me he just wanted me to say it again. Talk about nearly hitting a person.
There are actually 3 stages of yonder. Theres "yonder" (such as in the corner of a room on in the yard) "Over yonder" (further away, but still in sight), and "WAY over yonder" (next holler)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
28% Dixie. You are a dandy Yankee Doodle. I'm surprised I wasn't even less Dixie!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
65% Dixie.Well under the Mason-Dixon Line

I grew up in NW Indiana (Gary, specifically), so a very urban area. However, my grandparents are from the south (West Virginia and Kentucky) on my mom's side. Guess it was just passed down.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
33% Dixie...
I have never been to Dixie.

Must be because I live in Southern Calif....dude.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
43% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

Huh...I've spent my whole life up north, my parents are from the North, THEIR parents are from the North. I guess that's what happens when I live towns whose nicknames end in "-tucky"...

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weird I got 66% Dixie.Well under the Mason-Dixon Line

I was born and raised in Ohio. some family comes from PA but that's not much different. Maybe I'm just weird

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

There are actually 3 stages of yonder. Theres "yonder" (such as in the corner of a room on in the yard) "Over yonder" (further away, but still in sight), and "WAY over yonder" (next holler)
I know about the three stages of yonder but my Kentucky roots show more and more. Didn't want everyone to know that I am true blue and you can hear me a mile away yelling for the wildcats. Although I don't really think I am very good at hiding it.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

LOL Same here, 100%. And I don't go to drive through liquor stores, but they are all over around here. Even the 'nice' ones have a drive through window.
My brother in law Bubba used to make moonshine out in Hernando
that is some strong stuff right there!!!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

My brother in law Bubba used to make moonshine out in Hernando
that is some strong stuff right there!!!
Its strong but if it doesn't go down smoothly, if it burns going down, then it isn't made right. The main thing to remember is to NEVER drink it on an empty stomach and not to mix anything with it. And to make sure you have a good comfy seat and don't try to walk around while drinking it.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Its strong but if it doesn't go down smoothly, if it burns going down, then it isn't made right. The main thing to remember is to NEVER drink it on an empty stomach and not to mix anything with it. And to make sure you have a good comfy seat and don't try to walk around while drinking it.
lol....no...the good thing to remember is if your brother-in-law Bubba makes it, you probably shouldn't drink it

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

You should here all the ways I can hear "oil" pronounced around her. My fave is "erl".

"35% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee."

Is that good or bad?
I'm a Canucklehead.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somehow I came out 60% Dixie. Not to bad from a girl from Ohio. I, however, wasn't aware of the 3 states of Yonder. But I have been known to use a ya'll every know and then.