Are you a Rebel or Yankee?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
here's my score: 48% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.
but i've taken this test before. with my parents, 1 from north louisiana, the other from south louisiana, i don't talk like a lot of the people do where i live. & some of the terms i use interchangeably - yard sale/garage sale, papering/toilet papering, etc. so i'm not sure how accurate it is...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

34% Dixie. Definitely a Yankee.

THey're gym shoes, people. And it's called "pop". And "y'all" isn't a word.

You guys have drive through liquor stores?!
well, yeah! there's one over by the university! & y'all is too a word - it's the contraction for you-all

Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis

A crawDAD lol is basically a mini lobster it is about the lenght of your middle finger but taste nothing like lobster.. they are great in gumbo lol
actually, i think crawfish taste like a cross betwee lobster & shrimp. & they're really great just boiled up w/spices...you can really taste them, then!

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis

they are tennis shoes and its all coke they just have different flavors and YALL is a word lol

btw i was born and raised in Texas lol
Yeah That! Lol. And yes, we have drive-in liquor stores in rural parts of texas, they are red buildings called beverage barns, lol.

Mine said I am barely dixie (51%) I don't have a southern accent at all, so I could have guessed that I'm only barely dixie.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
C'mon y'all!! Surely I "haint" the only 100% Dixie on this "heer" site?? LOL Whurs the rest of yuns at??

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
33% Dixie. Definitely a Yankee. Thank God.

Gonna put on my sneakers and have a soda.

staciej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
98% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!

Of course, considering I actually know what a "poke" is. It's the accent that gives me away, really.

And I always thought everyone called those roads feeders! I didnt think it was certain to Houston. Wonder why?

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm 39% Dixie, definitely a Yankee, which I suppose makes sense as I'm from Australia!!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
24% Dixie. You are a Yankee Doodle Dandy.

I had no idea my words were so different than other areas...Well I should know because I constantly think my fiance says things wierd and I do live in the south now.

He does say route different than me. He says experiment different. I spear it, he spares it (my mom does the same thing!). Among a lot of other things...

Well this just shows my northern talk isn't wearing off after 5 years!!!

Oh and what happened to All Hallows Eve as the ngith before Halloween, that wasn't an option
. The night before is a holy night.