Are you a pedicure virgin?

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Ditto.
For some reason, I think feet are just nasty. I don't touch other people's feet and no one touches mine.
I hate, I mean hate, anyone touching my feet. I am not a big fan of touching other peoples feet either, but I can deal with that, well going to have to considereing the line of work I am going into (CNA) That gives me the creeps dealing with cleaning feet and clipping nails more than cleaning up the naughty bits does!
Needless to say, I am a pedicure virgin. Wouldn't even let my best friend in the entire world practice a pedicure on me while she was doing nail shcool, just no, sorry, love ya but no way!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't ever had a manicure or a pedicure. I'm with the others as I wouldn't like anyone touching my feet. My heels are looking pretty rought right now so I better start taking care of them!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on losing your pedicure virginity.
I love getting pedicures...they're so relaxing and your feet feel wonderful afterwards. I get one every couple months. (In fact, I could use one now.) I took my sister with me last time, and deflowered her.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another virgin here. I'm not good at doing these treats for myself -- I can just about manage to get my hair cut every 8 weeks
which is when it starts to drive me bananas.

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got my first pedicure in on 6/2/09. I didn't know the chair I was sitting on could massage. It felt good surprisingly. Usually everything tickles, and it did when the lady scrubbed my foot with some rock (or whatever that thing was called). Then she rubbed sea salt on my foot and lotioned it up. It felt nice.

It won't be long till I get my second pedicure. It's summer! Time for sandals!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Naia

I got my first pedicure in on 6/2/09. I didn't know the chair I was sitting on could massage. It felt good surprisingly. Usually everything tickles, and it did when the lady scrubbed my foot with some rock (or whatever that thing was called). Then she rubbed sea salt on my foot and lotioned it up. It felt nice.

It won't be long till I get my second pedicure. It's summer! Time for sandals!
Yup! It's definitely a must with sandals, I've decided.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope - never had the desire to paint my toenails. I don't even paint my fingernails as I dont have any (I bite mine too much).

I was a "hair color" virgin till about 3 yrs ago, when I changed it to a very pretty natural red (hubby likes his "redheaded" gf too ).

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never had a pedicure. I do not like people (other than my husband, and even then I'm iffy) touching my feet, and I can't stand touching adult feet. I can can touch, and even kiss on, babies and little kids feet, but adult feet are another story. I find them disgusting for some reason. I would also be too worried about getting some kind of fungus, as mentioned in a previous post.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a pedicure virgin too...mainly because the thought of someone else touching my feet makes me cringe!

I guess I will try it one of these days, it would be nice to have toenails which look good for a change. One of my friends will drag me there if I mentioned that I'd never had one!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had a manicure or a pedicure.

ETA: I've never dyed my hair either, although I'm thinking about putting some funky colored streaks in it...

pookieboy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Had a manicure once and never had another because I was disappointed that the cuticles were still visable to my eye. I do a much better job myself. I carefully trim my cuticles after a bath, apply vaseline for an hour or two and then push them back with my wood stick. NO visable cuticles!

Likewise, I do my own pedicures [don't use polish] but if something special were coming up I'd probably use clear polish.

Found a product several years ago at Walgreens called; Zimm's "Crack Creme". It's terrific on callouses and cuticles. [Note: the lotion is much more effective than the creme formula.] I'm telling you, you apply that stuff overnight and the next morning it looks like you just had a manicure/pedicure!
[Another Note: if your cuticles are really ratty it might take a few days application to get the desired result].

FYI: have read that the fumes from the various chemicals used in those nail salons are VERY damaging to one's lungs.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I'm proud to announce that I am no longer a pedicure virgin!

I got my first one yesterday. I had to drag myself to the spa which someone had very kindly given me a giftcard for. Oh my goodness, why did I put it off so long?! It was a lovely experience and my feet still feel wonderful. I got an extra leg massage too, and wish I could get one everyday in this heat.
Now my footsies look pretty in the sandals that I love to wear all summer!

Pedicures are now on my lists of things I have to do (at least once a year anyway).

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had one, but every time I go to get my manicure, I watch the ladies in the spa chairs and keep thinking I'll get one next time I go in.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do hate my feet, but I LOOOOOVE pedis! The last one I got did a hot stone massage on my feet and legs and it was wonderful! I need to get another one now...my belly is too big for my to reach my toes anymore and they need to be painted!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never had one and never will have one. I have better things to do with my money. I had a (free) manicure once and didn't like it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by PookieBoy

Had a manicure once and never had another because I was disappointed that the cuticles were still visable to my eye. I do a much better job myself. I carefully trim my cuticles after a bath, apply vaseline for an hour or two and then push them back with my wood stick. NO visable cuticles!
Same here....I had a manicure one time (when DS got married) and was not impressed at all with the quality of the work. My cuticles were also painted as were the sides of my fingers around the nails. Little smudge-type marks, but for the price of a manicure, I wouldn't expect to see that. I do my own manicures. (When I was in my teens, I didn't have fingernails; I bit them right down, into the quick. My hands were ugly. Now I tend to keep my nails rather long - DH says the cats' claws have nothing on my nails - and I like them polished whenever possible.)

I dearly love a foot massage. When DH and I are on the sofa watching movies, he'll put a foot in his lap and massage it. Then he'll switch to the other foot. I'm pretty much putty after that.

My sister wants me to go with her for a pedicure sometime. She has one every month and refuses to go without it. She also has a massage every Sat morning; that's her "me" time. I don't know; the idea of somebody "playing" with my feet - other than DH - kind of creeps me out, to be honest. Ick. We've been toying with the idea of having a spa day and taking my DIL, her D and her DIL with us. We thought it might make an interesting Christmas present for the girls.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

I don't know; the idea of somebody "playing" with my feet - other than DH - kind of creeps me out, to be honest. Ick.
You're not the only one. I pretty much hate other people touching me, though, and even DH can bother me if he's being too clingy.

To me feet are just feet. As long as they're clean and the toe nails properly trimmed I'm fine.
I can't paint any of my nails otherwise I risk them cycling through pitting for weeks, so manicures of any kind are out, too.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, I've never had one. Although I plan on getting one before our wedding in October!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive never had a professional pedicure but I do take care of my feet myself. I got one of those 4 sided foot care things that has the file, pumice stone, sand paper deal and scrubby brush. I have a shower system, wash hair (leave shampoo in to soak H&S), wash body, shave, rinse hair, apply conditioner, plop my butt on the floor and start doing my feet. I dont paint my toenails though unless I have something fancy to go to that Im wearing sandals. I love my foot scrubber thing though, it really helps take care of the nasty heels and my calluses. Now Im not freaked out about my feet they actually look nice.