Are Men Allergic To Toilet Paper Holders??

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Way OT, but why oh why are tp holders behind the toilet? Like, attached to the wall behind the toilet?!
Drives me insane.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Way OT, but why oh why are tp holders behind the toilet? Like, attached to the wall behind the toilet?!
Drives me insane.
LOL, and that my dear is the reason that I leave my roll on the sink. My holder isn't on the wall by the tank, it's on the side of the wall, but it's too far back to reach without disjointing your shoulder because the area where the toilet sits between the vanity and wall is narrow, and I'm not! LOL

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Drives me insane.
lol not OT that is the real issue.
i dont understand why they put them so far back.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Drives me insane.
mine's not... it's right next to the toilet. so are all of the ones in my mother's house... & my sister's house...
i think maybe the people who installed them in all of your houses are inept!

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

My cats highly allergic. They have this crazy reaction that cause them to unroll the TP from the holders.

As long as the TP stays off the holder their allergies are under control.

Mine also love to hold the end of the paper and run around the flat. If I kept my toilet paper in the holder, the whole place would be papered every day.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

mine's not... it's right next to the toilet. so are all of the ones in my mother's house... & my sister's house...

i think maybe the people who installed them in all of your houses are inept!
... in my last apartment the TP holder had been installed across from the toilet... a lovely idea, if the wall wasn't 5 feet away from the toilet... Who would think, hey, you just get up and get the TP and that's a gret idea?

Sigh...

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you are correct in thinking men are allergic to it.
My Dh and three sons never replace it either! With five people in the house I am having to put toilet rolls in their proper place every day!
Is there no hope?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

it only takes me 2 seconds! this is the kind i have [mine's not quite this fancy, tho] - replaced a 'traditional' one! tp holder
That does look like a major advance in TP technology!
However, I suspect that your "2 seconds" claim is based on a single change, whereas my estimate of 20 seconds was a weekly total based on approximately 1.4 TP changes per day, multiplied by two bathrooms.

Therefore, by my calculations, I was achieving a TP-turnover-time of approximately 2.004 seconds per change, per bathroom -- despite the handicap of obsolete technology!

Color me proud.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

However, I suspect that your "2 seconds" claim is based on a single change, whereas my estimate of 20 seconds was a weekly total based on approximately 1.4 TP changes per day, multiplied by two bathrooms.

Therefore, by my calculations, I was achieving a TP-turnover-time of approximately 2.004 seconds per change, per bathroom -- despite the handicap of obsolete technology!

Color me proud.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

hehe... I live alone and I don't bother putting the toilet paper on the roll. I leave it sitting on the side of the sink

So I don't really see what the big deal is
The big issue with leaving it on the sink here is that when DH comes home from work and washes his face and arms or brushes his teeth he ends up splashing water everywhere - effectively soaking the roll.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

it only takes me 2 seconds! this is the kind i have [mine's not quite this fancy, tho] - replaced a 'traditional' one! tp holder
You know, I tried this one time in our house and we seem to have the "Indy 500 toilet paper unwrapper" going on amongst us cause I would find the roll almost unraveled on the floor constantly.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Color me proud.
ok, weekly total [you silly goof!] 1 bathroom, 1 person, change the MEGA roll [same as 3 regular rolls, btw] about every 2 days or so during the week. so weekly would be about 6 seconds!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

ok, weekly total [you silly goof!] 1 bathroom, 1 person, change the MEGA roll [same as 3 regular rolls, btw] about every 2 days or so during the week. so weekly would be about 6 seconds!
Good grief! You go through 9 rolls of toilet paper in a week for one person!?!! What on earth do you do with it; wash dishes?!

I'm single and I go through 2 regular 2 ply rolls per week.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Good grief! You go through 9 rolls of toilet paper in a week for one person!?!! What on earth do you do with it; wash dishes?!

no... maybe i overestimated the changing rate?
but yes, i use it for blowing my nose, cleaning up cat vomit, wiping off the bathroom counter, cleaning hair out of the bathtub drain... lots of things!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I go through a lot, too.

But I have ulcerative colitis and sometimes can't help it.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I don't see what the big deal is with taking just a few seconds to change the tp roll.
We don't have that problem in our house because we both take the time to change it out if we see it needs to be replaced.

Maybe you could just talk to your so and let him know it bothers you when he doesn't change it- perhaps he doesn't realzie how much it bothers you?
Oh, Nikki! You two are so newlyweds!

Isn't TCS great? Where else could you have 3 pages of posts about TP except for maybe the Georgia Pacific home page?

DH never changes the roll. But, if you read my other posts, he never does much of anything in the way of cleaning up or setting up. But you guys just gave me a great idea! DH must not like where the TP holder is (this is not true because it is within an easy reach of your left arm and he is left-handed) so I will just have to remodel the bathroom!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

no... maybe i overestimated the changing rate?
but yes, i use it for blowing my nose, cleaning up cat vomit, wiping off the bathroom counter, cleaning hair out of the bathtub drain... lots of things!
Yup -- when I was in radio, I learned to bring my own roll of "DJ Kleenex" for every shift. Don't know why DJs don't use actual Kleenex... maybe because they're mostly guys, and guys are doing well if they remember to buy TP, let alone tissues.
But I got used to using TP for everything... and it's cheaper, so I stick with it!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

My cats highly allergic. They have this crazy reaction that cause them to unroll the TP from the holders.

As long as the TP stays off the holder their allergies are under control.
Thats good Eva.

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I have an idea...you should just leave it empty next time and keep tp with you at all times. Then your DH will never forget that one time he was in the bathroom and had NO tp..he will remember from then on..and you won't be affected since you'll have your secret tp stash
OMG Natalie that would work

Originally Posted by theimp98

oh boy do you have that part confused.
Bruce, you crack me up

Let me borrow Susie's hammer on you