Arcade Feedback Thread

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If this has been answered, sorry, I haven't been keeping up with all of the feedback posts.
If you are in a tournament and you get a higher score than you ever got just playing solo, it doesn't overwrite your previous high score. I don't care too much but I just played the BEST GAME of my life in a tourney (WOOHOO).
Is that the way it's supposed to be?

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Yeah, that's a weird one. I got disqualified because I didn't complete my games in the allotted time, but it wasn't for want of trying -- I had played 2 or 3, and then it wouldn't let me play any more. Imagine my surprise when not only was I booted out, but my opponent didn't even benefit from it!
Not only that, I just got a PM that I need to play my game! I can't since I haven't advanced and it does not give me the option! This is frustrating!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2dogmom

If this has been answered, sorry, I haven't been keeping up with all of the feedback posts.
If you are in a tournament and you get a higher score than you ever got just playing solo, it doesn't overwrite your previous high score. I don't care too much but I just played the BEST GAME of my life in a tourney (WOOHOO).
Is that the way it's supposed to be?
Unfortunately it doesn't keep the score in the regular game. I have a personal best in Bubbleshooter a couple of weeks ago and it didn't show in the high scores...

Sigh

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Unfortunately it doesn't keep the score in the regular game. I have a personal best in Bubbleshooter a couple of weeks ago and it didn't show in the high scores...

Sigh
really? 'cause bnwalker2 somehow got 180,000+ playing the crime puzzle tournament [still can't figure out HOW!] & i noticed it shows her as the 'best score of all time'...
however, she's not listed as the 'actual high score champion'.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

really? 'cause bnwalker2 somehow got 180,000+ playing the crime puzzle tournament [still can't figure out HOW!] & i noticed it shows her as the 'best score of all time'...
Maybe it is because it is the best of all time, but since she isn't listed as the actual high score. My personal best was not even near the highest score in bubbleshooter.

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The current bubble shooter tournament shows me having to play against myself in the 2nd round. How did THAT happen?!? Will that go away when there is a winner from the 1st round that I had nothing to do with?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vermontcat

I would love to see more games added!

I am having fun trying to play each game in the arcade.
I agree with what others have said about taking away the few games that don't keep score or work.
In their place add more fun games until you don't have room for any more!
I ust finished playing all the games to completion last week. I took forever but was a lot of fun.

Originally Posted by Catkiki

Maybe it is because it is the best of all time, but since she isn't listed as the actual high score. My personal best was not even near the highest score in bubbleshooter.
Does it show as YOUR personal best score as the tournament score? I'd think it might log it as your personal best but not list it in the high scores.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to check on the tourneys that are in motion right now, but for the future, if ya'll have an issue with a particular tourney it helps you can post a link! Thanks

And 2dogmom, sometimes you will get put into a slot that is waiting for the match-up to be won, if that makes sense. It usually will right itself when that match-up is over

I's really like to know that too!
C'mon Britni! divulge the secret

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks katiemae, it seems to be alright now!
Ack, dunno how it happened but my score just got totally LOST from the 1st game of a tourney!
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/arc...ourney&tid=195
It was this one and my score wasn't all that great, it was about 130,000, but it got recorded as 0. I was having trouble getting back to TCS at all, almost like it was down.
Anyhoo, I'll play again, I'm sure I can beat that score but it seems weird!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2dogmom

Sorry if I'm asking so many noob questions but I am still confused. Can someone take a look at the Bubble Shooter Tourney and tell me if that is normal? I'm still showing up in two slots in round 2, http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/arc...ourney&tid=193
is that going to change when there is a winner from ROund 1?
yes, it'll change. i had the same thing happen w/another tourney. changed after there was a winner for the next round.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm going to check on the tourneys that are in motion right now, but for the future, if ya'll have an issue with a particular tourney it helps you can post a link! Thanks
Sorry. My bad!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

yes, it'll change. i had the same thing happen w/another tourney. changed after there was a winner for the next round.
We'll find out. I'm about to play my last game in that first round.

ETA: Yup, it's all fixed now.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please remove my high score for Tontie V2. I was a goober and had that game open in another tab (totally forgot to close it) and it recorded for the wrong game.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Please remove my high score for Tontie V2. I was a goober and had that game open in another tab (totally forgot to close it) and it recorded for the wrong game.
done! You'll still show up as the best score of all time, but not the actual high score

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think a lot of the problems may be down to having multiple arcade windows open at the same time. Our Danny is about to go over the arcade and see if he can streamline some issues.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ok, deleted the games that weren't recording scores and added a bunch of new games. They're listed under the new games column there, on the top left corner of the main arcade page. Happy testing and keep reporting buggy games so we can weed those out - thank you!

vermontcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay! New games!

I will head over to the arcade right now to try them out.