Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We had another poster whose cat birthed 3 stillborns two days ago, and yesterday they got 4 newborn orphans for her. She had been depressed and yowling and is now content.

Is Polka on her pain meds?

When will you know on the orphans?

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Mods, can you leave this thread open until we know if sweetlynn86 gets a go fund me acct opened?
No worries here @sweetlynn86  , we wouldn't close the thread while you are still with Polka and caring for her.

I've been following your thread and it has been very sad to read this past couple of days as she has had such a hard time.  You are taking wonderful care of her and I hope you manage to set up a fund  as Polka's story and what you are doing for her is truly heart warming.  

I hope you do find a little kitten family for Polka, however small it may be, and one which she will nurse.  It must be awful watching her right now.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I cleaned out my bedroom. The boxes and blankets she used last night are gone in hopes that my bedroom won't be a traumatic reminder of what she doesn't have right now. I coaxed her out of the basement and she's soaking up cuddles on my bed. I can feel her sadness though and it sucks so bad. Excuse my swollen face in the pictures. Haven't cried so much in a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea. The vet said she can nurse. She has no outward stitches. Not sure how they do that. She has been crying. These quiet long winded whispers. I didn't even know she made a noise like that. She stops when someone lays down with her.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww. I'm glad you got her out of the basement. She needs to be with you guys. She does look sad.

Oh, yes, they can and do nurse with stitches. Is she full of milk?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you giving her the pain meds? Mine needed them for a good three days after her spay.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Yea. The vet said she can nurse. She has no outward stitches. Not sure how they do that. She has been crying. These quiet long winded whispers. I didn't even know she made a noise like that. She stops when someone lays down with her.
She has you with her, she is so lucky to be with someone who is sensitive to her needs.  Lay with her all you can, I'm sure that will be healing for both of you.  What a beautiful little cat, so soft and gentle looking.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great news! I found a litter of abandoned 4 week kittens. A lady has been trying to find help for them. Is 4 weeks good?

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay. Leaving now. About an hour drive.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so excited.  Cried when  the kittens died and crying from happiness now. 

Let us know how it goes.  Post pics.

I know how hard it is to have a handicap child at home (not me, a friend) and really appreciate you going to all this effort for Polka. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I hope these kittens arrive safely in your home full of love and that Polka takes to them as her own so she does not need to look so sad.  

old possum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh Boy are they ever cute! Bringing them home ought to lift everyone's spirits. I must say that you have an incredible energy to be able to do all that you do.

Good Luck with everything, I hope Polka can find solace and get rid of some of the milk that must be building up inside of her. 

Hope that you can get some rest as soon as everyone is settled in.

Cheers