Anyone's cat ever roll in ajax powder?

Mollkat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
While I was at work, my roommate sprinkled ajax powder all over the tub and left it there with the door open and two cats in the house. When I got home Moosh had a light dusting of powder all over him. I have no idea how long it was on him with him licking it off. I washed off as much as I could. Then he seemed to feel fine, he's been eating, but he threw up some food last night. From what I'm reading he doesn't need to go to the vet unless he vomits excessively. I'm very worried about him but I can't spend my rent money bringing him to the vet if all their gonna do is tell me to watch him :/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mollkat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He hasn't thrown up again, and he ate some more. He's not as energetic as he usually is in the morning, but he must not feel too bad if he's still eating.

Mollkat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You would think, but he tries to eat chocolate even though cats aren't supposed to be able to taste sugar.
He had kind of a light dusting in all his fur, so I'm wondering if maybe my roommate brushed him off and didn't want to tell me what happened, at least then he wouldn't have been eating globs of it.

catlove615

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Chocolate is toxic to cats, by the way. Regarding the Ajax, I would call the vet as soon as possible. It may have something in it that you don't want a cat to lick (like maybe bleach).

Mollkat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Chocolate is toxic to cats, by the way.
Yeah, I have to be very careful throwing out any wrappers with chocolate on them because the little lunatic will pull it out of the trash and try to eat it.
Anyway he seems to be fine now, I must have washed him off before he got a chance to clean himself.