Anyone use/tried mineral makeup?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

So what do you get as a free sample? I see on their website that the starter kit is $60...
Yep, they are
, but after I looked at it, it did include a lot, including the brushes, but I didn't sort out the weights... When I went to the store, there wasn't a tester on the shelf for the "fair", and a salesperson said she could make me one and off she went and brought back a cute little container of it
. I kinda stumbled into it...
. Unfortunately, I tried it tonight, and I think it's gonna be a shade too dark too
. It feels really nice on my skin, though, and covers dark circles really well
. It's a finer powder than the Loreal I'm using now. But I'm encouraged!
Thanks everybody!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to let everyone know that if you want to try mineral makeup, but aren't near a Sephora with the free sample you should check out CVS. Right now the stores around here at least have Loreal makeup, buy one foundation get one free. The mineral makeup is a bit salty at 14.99, but with it being buy one get one it's a good deal. I just bought some and tried it and it's pretty good stuff. It's better than the Neutragena and Avon that I've tried. I'm going to go back Tuesday and pick up some more. You can't beat $7.50 for mineral makeup.

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't believe this thread is here..Interesting I just recommended mineral make up to a bunch of people this week.! And yes, you can thank me later..lol.

I just got a REAL free sample of mineral make up in the mail yesterday. All I had to pay for was shipping and handling. Cost me $3.97..You get to pick two different foundations, one blush or bronzer, and a finishing powder. They are a generous size and probably a couple weeks worth.

The company is called Everyday Minerals, and from what I had researched about it on my own was that it was better than Bare Essentials, plus it's cheaper.

Go to the highlighted "FREE SAMPLES" on the 100% gaurantee page. And start picking your colors!

http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=...100__Guarantee

I personally haven't tried it yet because I am just getting over a chemical peel, so I got to wait to shed some skin before I can try.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i love mineral make up wahoo its all i will wear. I started with BE, but i couldnt stand paying that much anymore, lol

I use a great company now called Painted Laydies, eyeshaodws and other colors are only about $5 for a 5g jar

mineral veil, and foundations are like $15 for the nice big jar. cant beat that

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to get BE and I absolutely LOVED it! I used to get compliments when I wore it, too. But I now have fine lines around my eyes
and it seems to make them look worse.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll try the link and get a sample- thanks
!

I also saw the BOGOF, but it was last week at Walgreens (also stocked up so I don't run out during my search
).

Will I find a website for "Painted Laydies", or is it local?

Originally Posted by Pami

I used to get BE and I absolutely LOVED it! I used to get compliments when I wore it, too. But I now have fine lines around my eyes
and it seems to make them look worse.
That's my problem with all the concealers I've tried so far (since I have very dark circles and very light skin
- if someone has a solution to that, I really wanna know!
).

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, incase you're interested
, here are the results-WARNING- naked face in these pics
-these pics will self destruct in 3 days!
:

Before

and after, color 1 :

and color 2 (but I forgot the finishing powder
I wasn't shiney when I remembered to put it on, but I was DONE taking pics!
):

I'm going with color 2 so far- it's hard to tell in these pics, but it has a little more color in it - I have a couple more samples I want to try, and I was very happy with the response I got from them (Everyday Minerals) when I emailed them for help, and the prices are pretty good! Oh, and they gave me a tip- for more coverage, wet the powder (I dipped my small brush in water, and then in the powder, and mixed it up in the lid). Worked like a charm, and didn't make my wrinkles look worse either

Thanks everybody!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!
And it really does feel like I have almost nothing on my face. The bonus is, since I started using the Loreal mineral makeup (which is what I started out with a couple of months ago
), I haven't had the bad "that time of the month" breakouts that I always used to get. Just a pimple or so, and they go away much faster, and aren't nearly as noticable

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks great on you! The wonderful thing about mineral makeup is that it won't harm your skin either - no clogging of pores or anything - looks and feels very natural! Good for you - you look fantastic!

caterpillarpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
mineral makeup is AMAZING. once i tried it I swore I'd never go back. It doesnt clog up your pores and wipes off with makeup remover easily. and its not shiny. It's seriously worth the little extra. try www.nzgirl.co.nz and go to the shop and search for makeup. That's the range I'm using but I'm not sure if they deliver outside of NZ.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried Bare Essentuals and Bare Minerals and didn't care for either - I couldn't find a good color match. But, last month I was in Target (of all places) and found a brand w/a rebate and so I bought it - and I love it! I will try to check the name tonight - but it was under $10 - Wow!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

It looks great on you! The wonderful thing about mineral makeup is that it won't harm your skin either - no clogging of pores or anything - looks and feels very natural! Good for you - you look fantastic!
Thanks!
I had forgotten about the "good for your skin" part, until I realized mine was so much better!

Sibohan2005 and caterpillarpie- thanks for the additional links
!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover
WOW. You look AMAZING. That's all I have to say.

I used the Skin line by Allison Raffaele for a long time before I switched recently to the Loreal kind because its cheaper. I might switch again, I'm still deciding. Either way though I'm sticking with mineral makeup. It's the best!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!
I've been using these samples for a few days, now and I'm really happy with the results!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You did make a good choice - the photos are great. I did check the brand that I bought at Target and it is Physicians Choice and it is talc free. I like it alot and the price is right!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried the Neutragena mineral makeup, and I hated it. It doesn't cover at all. (Though it's not bad as a powder over a light liquid foundation.) I just ordered some of the samples, though, so we'll see if I like it any better.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I went and got some Physicians Formula at Target, and I'm making sure I've got the right thing here. I've got the "Talc-free Mineral Wear Mineral Loose Powder" in Creamy Natural. And then I got some multi colored blush. I haven't tried it - does it sound like the right thing?