Anyone up for a Southeast meet-up?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll say it again....if there's another place that is more convenient for the greater good, I'm all ears!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Renee we could ride together if that made it easier for you. I'd even drive! I want you to come!! And Deb too! We could have a Florida carpool.
Aw, hon, thats so sweet.
If it turns out that I can, I'll let you know and if it will still work for you, cool, but it is so close to the time I plan on going to CT too, its not likely. Lots of things to think about... My BF and I haven't had a weekend away in a looooooong time. If I went without him and then went to CT by myself a couple of weeks later too, I don't think it would be fair to him. If I took him with me, it would add to the expense and I'd have to get someone to watch the cats.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Renee, you bring up a good point.
For everyone who plans on attending the meet-up (wherever we have it), what is your view on significant others attending as well? I certainly have no problem if boyfriends/hubbys/girlfriends/wives/etc. wish to join all of us catfolk, but what does everyone else think?

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no problem with significant others attending. I'll probably ask Brendan if he wants to go, but odds are he'll stay here and have a guys weekend while I go and have a TCS weekend!
If anyone's SO or even friends for that matter are up for coming than I think that would be great!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll say that on the one TCS meet-up I've gone to, one person brought an S/O, and he didn't fit in all that well.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm probably gonna bring my hubby Shy. I don't want to drive all the way down there by myself. He's as "kitty crazy" as any one of us, though so he will definitely love to hear your kitty stories and he will love to share some of his as well. Shy is a lot like me, he would fit in anywhere. I would really like to meet everyone's S/O's that I've heard so much about, too. S/O's are A-OK with me
(Plus, Savannah looks like a romantic place to be. AND I'll need someone to hold my hand on the haunted tours. Kat and Amy might think I'm a little weird if I get scared and try to hold their hand
)

BUT--if anyone thinks it's "not cool" to have S/O's in tow, Shy can totally stay at home with the kits.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to arrange an afternoon that Bradley can take us out in his boat and maybe go look for dolphins, so, yeah, my SO will probably be along for some of the meetup
He's real laid-back yet outgoing, though, and he'll do anything if it's important to me!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I asked Brendan last night if he wanted to come to the meet up. He opted not too, only because he's SO terrible on long car rides. He can only handle them if we're staying for a few days (like we did when we went to the Keys and Asheville), so just over night is too much for him.
It would be nice to have him there, but I may ask my best friend Lauren if she wants to come. If not, I'll just trek on up there myself! Can't wait to meet everyone and your SO's (if they come)!

savethekitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

Just now getting caught up on the latest. I am very interested. Savannah is one of those town's I've always wanted to see.

My husband Frank is a kitty lover and was a docent at a zoo so any animal outings are up his alley. If SO's are cool I will probably invite him as well - he's my designated driver for long car rides as he has travelled cross country numerous times.

If Frank does come we could offer a ride for up to three other Orlando kitty lovers; if he doesn't come I would be looking to hitch a ride with someone else

Mary

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mary, that'd be so great if you and Frank could make it to the meetup!!!
The more the merrier!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SaveTheKitties

Hi all,

Just now getting caught up on the latest. I am very interested. Savannah is one of those town's I've always wanted to see.

My husband Frank is a kitty lover and was a docent at a zoo so any animal outings are up his alley. If SO's are cool I will probably invite him as well - he's my designated driver for long car rides as he has travelled cross country numerous times.

If Frank does come we could offer a ride for up to three other Orlando kitty lovers; if he doesn't come I would be looking to hitch a ride with someone else

Mary
It would be great to organize a Florida carpool one way or another! Sure would make the drive easier on everyone!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So everyone, where do we stand on a meetup in Savannah?
Is that still cool?
I'm big on planning, and Labor Day weekend will be here before you know it!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

So everyone, where do we stand on a meetup in Savannah?
Is that still cool?
I'm big on planning, and Labor Day weekend will be here before you know it!
Still cool by me! I'm like you Amy, I like (need) to PLAN! I was just thinking about this whole thing yesterday actually and wondering when we'd get details sorted out...

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I have tons of ideas for things to do.
First, I'd like an idea of how many people are definitely coming. So far it's me, Katherine (katspixiedust), Kelly (kellyyfaber), Bobbi (batgirl2good- she only lives 45 minutes away
)....who else we got?
For those still on the fence....Savannah is a great town to visit. I promise it'll be worth your while!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
North Carolina is a bit too far for me to drive in one weekend. If you guys ever want to meet in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, or Mississippi or even in Texas one weekend, count me in!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

North Carolina is a bit too far for me to drive in one weekend. If you guys ever want to meet in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, or Mississippi or even in Texas one weekend, count me in!
Savannah is in Georgia, not North Carolina...does that make it any easier for you?

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'all have a great time. Its just not in the cards for me this time. Savannah really is beautiful. Take lots of pictures!