Anyone up for a Southeast meet-up?

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops! Didn't mean to forget Stephanie!!!
Just to keep a running tab on people....
Possibles: Deb, Steph, Katie, Renee, and Lacey
Definites: Amy, Kelly, and me.

I LOOOOOOOOOVE boating Amy! Actually, if it's on the water you can pretty much garauntee that I'm game. Savannah would work fine for me. From my parents I think it's about a 4 hour drive maybe?

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
6 hours for me--not too bad at all! That's an easy weekend trip!! So how does everyone else feel about Savannah?????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'all, I would absolutely love having everyone visit Savannah!
Like I said before, I only have a 1BR apt., but if money is an issue for anyone, I'd be glad to give up my bed (it's a queen-size) and stay with Bradley's fam (they're just down the street from my apt.). I also have a really comfy couch

Savannah has a beach, lots of great food and shopping, River Street, and we even have a wildlife preserve that has animals such as bears, wolves, ocelots, etc.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I think Savannah's gonna be the winner Amy!!
Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!!!

Again, I want to stress that I want this to be as drive-friendly and cost-effective for as many people as possible. So if anyone has any questions or concerns, please raise 'em!
But I would LOVE to show y'all around this great town!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

OOOOOOOoooohhhhhhhhh..I wanna stay at one of those "haunted" B & B's!!!!!!!!
Hehe, we have those in abundance. There's also a really nice hotel near River Street, the Marshall House, which is VERY haunted! We also have several haunted tours; you'll have a blast!

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Like I said before, I only have a 1BR apt., but if money is an issue for anyone, I'd be glad to give up my bed (it's a queen-size) and stay with Bradley's fam (they're just down the street from my apt.). I also have a really comfy couch

You're such a doll!

Ok, I guess if everyone's psyched for Savannah for the destination, what quality/not overly pricey accomodations can ya recommend, Aimes??

Remember, guys this IS labor day weekend we're talking about so we might wanna book early.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, can't say I've ever stayed in a hotel here in Savannah

I think the least expensive hotels you'll find in Savannah (that are still nice) are in the midtown/southside area (which is also where I live). The hotels downtown (where River Street is located) cater the most to tourists, but they're also the priciest. Same with Tybee Island- beach hotels hike their rates up through Labor Day Weekend.
I'd recommend looking at priceline or something similar and look for rooms on Abercorn St or Mall Blvd.....they are pretty nice and will probably have some of the best prices....If anyone comes up with something in their price range and would like imput from me, I'd be glad to oblige

And Kelly, you're right- rooms will fill up quickly, so early booking is the better part of valor!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I'll either need to room with someone in a hotel or stay with you Amy! I'm generally quite broke.
Girl, I remember the lean college days well
You and Brendan, if you bring him, are more than welcome to stay at my place. I know you will treat the kits well

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Girl, I remember the lean college days well
You and Brendan, if you bring him, are more than welcome to stay at my place. I know you will treat the kits well
Awesome Amy, thanks!

And by the way...if I did need to stay in a hotel I'd be able to help share the price. I realized my comment might sound like, "Hey guys...let me crash in your hotel room without having to pay at all!"
So...just so you know, I'm not THAT much of a bum.

But, staying at your place with your amazing kits would be great Amy!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid that a long trip like Savannah isn't in the cards for me over Labor Day. It's too close to the beginning of the school year, and I know I will be putting in lots of OT.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Deb, I'd hate it if you couldn't make it.

I know we have a couple of other Joja girls on TCS....including someone who lives just an hour away from me!!! Ahem, Georgia girls, I know y'all could make it to a Savannah meet-up

Sam, I'll see if Blondiecat is interested- thank you for mentioning her!
I meant to add this earlier- I said this is a southeast meet-up, but absolutely ANY TCSer is welcome to come! The more the merrier!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its not looking like I'll make it. Savannah is kinda far for me and it would be close to the last minute before I'll know. I'd have a hard time getting a hotel room by then on a holiday weekend.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh nooooooooooooooooo Renee! It'd be so great if you could make it- you could get a travel pass and work out at my Curves with me!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh nooooooooooooooooo Renee! It'd be so great if you could make it- you could get a travel pass and work out at my Curves with me!
I know
...that would be a lot of fun!