Anyone tried South Beach diet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

My friend was on the Atkins diet, she ate fried bacon and egg three times a day because she said that's what the book said. I doubt it?
I'm not a big fan of the Atkins diet. My dad went on it for about 6 months, and he lost the weight but it wasn't in a health way. Atkins cuts out ALL carbs and doesn't differentiate between good and bad fats (lean meat vs bacon). Carbohydrates are important to the body and without them your body starts breaking down proteins in your muscles (ketosis).

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started back on South Beach yesterday. I want to get down about 15 more pounds. This time around it seems to be a lot easier--but I feel like I need to pop a piece of candy in my mouth!

So far I have eaten:

Sunday breakfast: two scrambled eggs sprinkled cheese and pepper

lunch: salad--mixed greens with chicken, cheese, onions and ranch dressing

dinner: balsamic rosemary chicken with homemade cole slaw

this morning I had: boiled egg, pickle and a slice of cheese (I know that may sound gross, but it's good to me!!)

lunch: leftover chicken with coleslaw with a deviled egg

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not sure if you have the book or are following the website, but when I first when on SB I couldn't drink milk. Now you can, it just has to be low fat or fat free. I think that's why it is much easier this time around.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

not sure if you have the book or are following the website, but when I first when on SB I couldn't drink milk. Now you can, it just has to be low fat or fat free. I think that's why it is much easier this time around.
Sounds like things are going great for you. I'm feeling great. I have no cravings at all...and i've figured out this quick chicken recipe that i'm addicted to. I usually have 2 slices of turkey bacon and an egg for breakfast, salad for lunch and meat and veggies for dinner. I've also discovered these really great frozen dessert thingies that fit within the diet.

I have about 5 more days on phase 1 and then moving on. I'm down 6lbs and feeling fantastic!

GO US!!!!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

Sounds like things are going great for you. I'm feeling great. I have no cravings at all...and i've figured out this quick chicken recipe that i'm addicted to. I usually have 2 slices of turkey bacon and an egg for breakfast, salad for lunch and meat and veggies for dinner. I've also discovered these really great frozen dessert thingies that fit within the diet.

I have about 5 more days on phase 1 and then moving on. I'm down 6lbs and feeling fantastic!

GO US!!!!
Care to share that "great frozen dessert thingies" with me?

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

Care to share that "great frozen dessert thingies" with me?
As soon as i get home and check the box. I've only been able to find them at one grocery store. (i've heard costco might have them). I think they are called Smart Choice fudge bars...they are 90cal and made with splenda so sugar-free!

I'll double check and edit if necessary!