Anyone else have horrible mother-in-laws?

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my MIL is nuts... i think the worst incident culminated in her taking a pair of scissors and cutting our phone line because she was so furious at my bf (ok, i'm not married, but we've been together ten years, so as far as i'm concerned, she's my MIL). what was his crime? bringing me some dumplings she'd made after she had served them to him, then just given me a bad look and walked away. he was furious, told her not to disrespect me like that, and she just went off on him about how i wasn't good enough for him. he told her that HE would be the judge of who was good enough for him, at which point she tried to take HIS plate of dumplings back. he said "no, here, ALLOW ME" and took the plate and dumped them in the sink. then she went batcrap, started screaming and grabbed the scissors and cut our phoneline, went in her room and was screaming in there for a good half an hour. this was back when we lived with her (out of financial necessity). i thank my lucky stars everday that we dont live with her anymore. i could NOT live with her again. she's INSANE.

ps -congrats on the degree

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh might I add mine tried to push me into a hot oven once while ranting and raving that my husband's HER BABY and he will always do what SHE wants him to? Oh and then proceeded to tell me in her state of insanity that she was smarter then me because she took two classes to get a security officer's license? I asked her if she wanted a gold star or a cookie for her accomplishments
(She once called my mother on Xmas ever to tell her I was pregnant (we THOUGHT I was) and that she was (as she put it) MORE SPECIAL then my mother because we told her first. My husband mentioned it could be a possibiliy, NOTHING definate. Thank god my mother know's she's crazy and just responded with "well when the time comes and it's right Alycia will tell me"... what a wench his mom is! She will also call my parents out of the blue to tell them I am manipulative and that I stole her ONLY baby (he's the only child).... I could go on and on for HOURS!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YES!!!

We aren't married (YET
) but she is horrible, just horrible!!

Last year when John gave me my promise ring, she kept asking and asking about a wedding, and I kept telling her - not for awhile, we'd only been dating for about 2 months when I got the ring (things moved quickly with us).

But still, everytime she'd see me, she'd tell me 'Well, you can have your reception at this place (her place of work), and you can have my boyfriend sing in his band (they have a Christian Rock band), and you can have the wedding at OUR (meaning HERS!) church....and the guests can stay at so and so hotel....needless to say, she thought she could plan my whole wedding herself! I put a stop to that when I told her I was getting married 2 hours away back home
(Not true, but it shut her up.)

He is very controlling, a complete horror - I can't wait for the day when John & I are engaged and to be married, but I have a feeilng she's going to make the whole thing a mess.

My mom even told me that she would kick her butt

Now you've got me all worked up

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

YES!!!

We aren't married (YET
) but she is horrible, just horrible!!

Last year when John gave me my promise ring, she kept asking and asking about a wedding, and I kept telling her - not for awhile, we'd only been dating for about 2 months when I got the ring (things moved quickly with us).

But still, everytime she'd see me, she'd tell me 'Well, you can have your reception at this place (her place of work), and you can have my boyfriend sing in his band (they have a Christian Rock band), and you can have the wedding at OUR (meaning HERS!) church....and the guests can stay at so and so hotel....needless to say, she thought she could plan my whole wedding herself! I put a stop to that when I told her I was getting married 2 hours away back home
(Not true, but it shut her up.)

He is very controlling, a complete horror - I can't wait for the day when John & I are engaged and to be married, but I have a feeilng she's going to make the whole thing a mess.

My mom even told me that she would kick her butt

Now you've got me all worked up
I know the feeling....
When my husband isn't looking but my MIL is, I will stick my tongue out at her just to aggrevate her... I know, it's mean and I should be ashamed
...... But I'm not!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I know the feeling....
When my husband isn't looking but my MIL is, I will stick my tongue out at her just to aggrevate her... I know, it's mean and I should be ashamed
...... But I'm not!
I stick my tongue out at her behind her back all the time
I dont feel ashamed! (is that bad?!
)

...... No, I don't think it is, even if it was - I DONT CARE!

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I stick my tongue out at her behind her back all the time
I dont feel ashamed! (is that bad?!
)

...... No, I don't think it is, even if it was - I DONT CARE!
No not bad....I did that to my supervisor once, okay it wasn't my tongue it was my middle finger and that's cause she came and visited me after I had my son in the hospital where we all worked only to tell me how much work she had to do and how late she'd have to stay, as soon as her back was turned I flipped her off and my DH said a few choice words when she was out of the room.

But that wasn't MIL related but it is similar reaction wise.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ButterflyDream

No not bad....I did that to my supervisor once, okay it wasn't my tongue it was my middle finger and that's cause she came and visited me after I had my son in the hospital where we all worked only to tell me how much work she had to do and how late she'd have to stay, as soon as her back was turned I flipped her off and my DH said a few choice words when she was out of the room.

But that wasn't MIL related but it is similar reaction wise.
Ok, yeah, I won't lie, I have given her the bird more then once. But I'm brave, I'll do it to her when she's looking
and when she tells my husband that I did it, I deny it and say "you know she's crazy! I would NEVER do anything like that! I'm insulted!"
And he believes me.... Yeah, I'm vindictive, I know

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread is totally funny.

I have a really evil MIL. Kyle is the younger of two boys. She said I stole him from the craddle ( He was 20 years old and I was only 15
)She has done so many bad things, esp. before me and Kyle got married. His whole family hates me.

OK, this is one of my top worst MIL stories: Three days before my wedding (she is at my apartment) and I pick up the portable phone and turn it on, and I over heard her and her older son planning on hiring a stripper for Kyle's stag the next night. (Kyle and I both felt strongly that neither of us would have strippers.) His mom and brother knew this and went ahead with it anyways. I caught them. I was sooooooooooooooooo mad! I told Kyle and he was furious as well, so they cancelled the stripper (supposedly) and so Kyle thought it would be ok to still go (He gives into peer pressure too easily) and he didn't want to let his friends down. (The party was just an excuse to get drunk and Kyle doesn't even drink.) I didn't want him to go and I was upset that he was giving in so easily to people who obviously didn't support our wedding. Anyways, I gave in but I was pissed.

After he left to the party, I started to furiously clean my apartment. Sure, I slammed a few drawers, but it's my house. My MIL started screaming at me and said that if I didn't stop, she'd call the cops on me and I said if she didn't like the way I cleaned my apartment she could get the **** out (HEHE) and she went onto the balcony and I locked her out LOL

Anyways, they told him that they had really intended to have stripper/hooker and they were going to take him into a room where she was thinking that's what he really wanted
. He wouldn't leave the bar to go to the room, so some of his friends did instead.

Before Kyle and I left, we agreed that he would be home by a certain time and his dad knew this and was driving. Do you think they got home on the agreed time??? NOPE!! I was furious and locked them out LOL

Then she acted like our wedding was the funeral and bawled and pouted the whole time. She and my mom were supposed take turns watching our son during the reception and she wouldn't take her turn, so Kyle ended up holding Telaryn the whole night (I couldn't because of my dress) and we only got to dance once at dance.

I won't even talk about his brother. He is the most vocale about his hatred for me ( He refers to me as the Fat B****.) Nice eh!

I could keep going.......