Anyone else have a had time leaving?

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

I'm generally okay about leaving them when I go to work, but I'd rather be home with them! Gracie makes me feel the most guilty. She'll sit in the window looking forlorn as I drive off. When I come, she's always in the window too, like she's been there waiting all day. Of course, I know better.
Then she runs to the door and I can hear her crying as I'm opening it.
Talk about a guilt trip!
Remember meowing isn't always crying. We had a barn cat Scout who would always meow all the way across the pasture as she came to see us. And our new barn cat, Wills, meows the whole time you are with him. Tuesday he was walking up to me, meowing, and when I crouched down he started running towards me! I think there is nothing nicer than a cat who says "Hi, I'm glad you're home!" They are independent creatures, and we are lucky to be accepted as part of their families.

sang72

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Lucy always get really agitated whenever I start getting dressed to leave. Somehow she knows that slacks mean work and jeans/sweats mean i'll be sitting round the house. Sometimes she'll stand in front of the door and miau, like she's trying to block the door.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Remember meowing isn't always crying. We had a barn cat Scout who would always meow all the way across the pasture as she came to see us. And our new barn cat, Wills, meows the whole time you are with him. Tuesday he was walking up to me, meowing, and when I crouched down he started running towards me! I think there is nothing nicer than a cat who says "Hi, I'm glad you're home!" They are independent creatures, and we are lucky to be accepted as part of their families.
I know Gracie is glad to see and I love that she's waiting for me. She just manages to make her meow (or cry) sooooo pitiful. If the window is open I can hear her from the other end of the driveway!