Anybody believe in ghosts???

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Okay, some of you will think I'm going out of my mind but I gotta vent this. I took some pictures last night with my digital camera of all the rooms in my new house (I moved in Dec 04). The house was built in the 40's I think.
Soooo I turned off all the lights and went around to each room snapping in normal and night mode shots. And to my surprise, the pictures in my living room have what looks like little orbs on them. Like little floating bubbles. Anybody ever experience anything like this? After I saw them, of course, I freaked...and then I turned over anything glass or shiny, cleaned the camera lens and made sure there weren't any reflections and took them again in different positions around the room. And there they were again!!! NOW, I was scared sh*tless and had to go get myself a drink! I don't know how to post a pic on here or I'd show ya's. They're were 2-3 of them, one large and two smaller ones. My boyfriend thinks I'm nuts...but has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I've had my digital camera for about a year or so now and I take a lot of photos...I've also had numerous photography classes. I have never seen like this.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know what to think of the orbs. I girl that I work with is a ghost hunter. She's brought in pics where there is just thousands of them. I thought perhaps it was dust close to the lens or something . I have never had an orb show up in a photo until this Christmas. Must have been one of my relatives wanting to join in the festivities - but just one orb. Be curious if anyone on the forum has an explanation.

ciera23

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I definitely believe in ghosts or spirits. I had to do a research paper for college one year and I did it on hauntings. There were some things that talked about orbs and people said there were captured images of the ghosts and it shows up like that because of the temperature difference.
Does your kitty or kitties act weird sometimes? I have heard that animals can sense that.

caterpillar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kids take our cat pictures with a digital camera and my daughter is very good at sizing them, including creating websites. I'll have to ask them about orbs. During Christmas break, my sons did this really funny take on K-Mart (calling it J-Mart, I think it's from one of the Simpsons episodes), and they recorded this entire skit as K-Mart workers talking about Christmas cookies, stocking shelves with toys, etc.. Then my kids put the volume on low speed and it was hilarious! They sounded so totally nerdy.

My other son enjoys the show, Ghosthunters, and one night the kids took a tape recorder, shut off all of the lights in the house, turned off the appliances, and walked around the house, asking questions to "ghosts," and in particular, the "kitchen" ghost. For example: Who are you? Why do you live in the kitchen? What is your name? How old are you? Are you a girl or a boy? (You have to keep the questions short or the ghost will not respond) My daughter downloaded some program on her computer that magnifies sounds and she kept playing the tape back and forth and actually picked up a soft, girlish or childish voice sounding like, "I'm so scared!" It was so creepy. She e-mailed the audio to her friend and her friend really freaked out!

The "kitchen" ghost is another story! I often smell spices, apples, cinammon-like, really pleasant smells in the kitchen and pretty, flowery smells and perfume in the kitchen and family room. The kids were trying to communicate with the "kitchen" ghost. I'll ask the kids about the orbs. They are the digital camera experts around here.

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There is a website somewhere explaining them if i can fid it I will post it for you.. The house Ive lived in all my life (and still do) has always been haunted.. Ive got tons of stories! lol My friends don't like to stay at my house because of it. I have tons of pictures with orbs in them and even one i took christmas night with an "angel" looking blur going across it... My mom once heard singin coming out of the kitchen garden wndow while she was doing dishes. It was a really old tune and she went running around the house inside and out. No music was on and no one was outside anywhere... She promptly left freaked out and went up the block to her parents house. lol Our water used to turn on and off, cups used to clink together... My cousins were sleeping over one night and saw an old woman looking into our room and asked if we were ok.. i was sleeping thank goodness!! We hear footsteps everynight around 2:00 going down our hallway past my bedroom and into the spare room across the hall. One night it sounded like a bunch of old women were in the attic playing cards. The cats do act funny... sometimes one of them will just stop and stare into the hallway or whatever and their eyes will get real huge!

heres one of them http://www.ghostweb.com/orb_theory.html you can just google ghost orbs and a whole list of sites comes up. Theres a site my friend natalie and i were on one night that has ghost hunter video and sounds on it... I wish i remembered what the site was because we sure got freaked out!!!

ciera23

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is another site... http://www.ghoststudy.com/main/fakepageorbs.html

Yeah, I noticed that too about my kitty. One day, Jessie came in the living room and she was freaking out staring into the bathroom area. She just stood there growling and hissing a few times. I got up to see what she was looking at but I couldn't see anything.
I have experienced some things like that myself. After Jess passed away, I was laying on the couch that night and I look over at my lamp shade and it's moving!! I checked to see if something was on it or blowing on it or something but nope, it was just moving. I thought maybe it was Jessie sending me a sign that she was still here with me no matter what.
I hope you all don't think I am crazy but I truly believe in that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ciera, I totally believe you...she was probably making sure you were okay and that was her way of saying hello.

And RoyalEnchntrss, I can NOT believe you live in a house that's haunted. HOLY crap. I would have been out of there like lightening! But I guess you learn to live with it, huh? I'm not so sure I could...I had to break open the rum last night to just deal with my orbs! If I hear or see anything, I'm out of here and a for sale sign is going right back up!!!

My boyfriend, who doesn't believe in any of this, saw the curtains move last night during the whole picture taking event and attributed to air. He thought Cody was behind it looking out the sliding glass doors. He calls to me, hun, where's the cat? She was in the bedroom. It definitely was not air.

Sometimes Cody will just get up and jet out of that room for no reason...but I just thought that's Cody being Cody. Now I'm going to watch her to see if she does anything strange. We're going to put something over the windows tonight to make sure no light is coming in anywhere so I can take more. If they're there again, you might as well call me an ambulance, cause I'll probably pass out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoyalEnchntrss

heres one of them http://www.ghostweb.com/orb_theory.html you can just google ghost orbs and a whole list of sites comes up. Theres a site my friend natalie and i were on one night that has ghost hunter video and sounds on it... I wish i remembered what the site was because we sure got freaked out!!!
HOLY MOLY, mine look more like the real orbs!!!!!!!! I know it wasn't dust because it was inside and I went into every room taking multiple pictures over and over. Nothing showed up on the photos in the other rooms. This is freakin me out now girls!!

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol yeah my dad is like that... once he saw the backyard swing going like someone was on it and tried to tell mom it was the wind... the wnd wasnt blowing though or the tree leaves wouldve been blowing too lol its funny though cuz if its around 2:00am and he has to pee he wont get out of bed!!!

I swear Killian and the 2 cats i grew up with are around too.. one night a few weeks ago i heard something playing with the one cat toy with a bell sooo i felt out for Fin.. he was on his pillow beside my head... so i turned the light on fast and shadow was sleeping on my ottoman in my room!!! :-o So I said "Killian go to sleep!!" lol he always was a stinker keeping me up at night.

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh and i read somewhere that "real orbs" have little faces in them.. I have a few pictures on cd somewhere where they look like smiley faces.. Ill try and find them tomorrow.

ciera23

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lovemycodygirl

Ciera, I totally believe you...she was probably making sure you were okay and that was her way of saying hello.

And RoyalEnchntrss, I can NOT believe you live in a house that's haunted. HOLY crap. I would have been out of there like lightening! But I guess you learn to live with it, huh? I'm not so sure I could...I had to break open the rum last night to just deal with my orbs! If I hear or see anything, I'm out of here and a for sale sign is going right back up!!!

My boyfriend, who doesn't believe in any of this, saw the curtains move last night during the whole picture taking event and attributed to air. He thought Cody was behind it looking out the sliding glass doors. He calls to me, hun, where's the cat? She was in the bedroom. It definitely was not air.

Sometimes Cody will just get up and jet out of that room for no reason...but I just thought that's Cody being Cody. Now I'm going to watch her to see if she does anything strange. We're going to put something over the windows tonight to make sure no light is coming in anywhere so I can take more. If they're there again, you might as well call me an ambulance, cause I'll probably pass out!
Oh no!! Awww, don't be scared!
(I know, easy to say) LOL. I have had quite a few experiences. I won't bore you with them all but it's pretty weird sometimes. When that had happened with Jessie, I asked my vet about what could have made her do that. She said she wasn't sure but that she must have seen something that I couldn't. Not sure if my apartment is haunted or not but I wouldn't be surprised. Sometimes my TV shuts off and comes back on. Weird things like that. One night while I had a friend over to watch a movie and we got to talking about ghosts. Well, the tv pulled that crap and he was soooo freaked out!!
BTW, tell your BF that it wasn't air moving the curtains.

ciera23

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoyalEnchntrss

lol yeah my dad is like that... once he saw the backyard swing going like someone was on it and tried to tell mom it was the wind... the wnd wasnt blowing though or the tree leaves wouldve been blowing too lol its funny though cuz if its around 2:00am and he has to pee he wont get out of bed!!!

I swear Killian and the 2 cats i grew up with are around too.. one night a few weeks ago i heard something playing with the one cat toy with a bell sooo i felt out for Fin.. he was on his pillow beside my head... so i turned the light on fast and shadow was sleeping on my ottoman in my room!!! :-o So I said "Killian go to sleep!!" lol he always was a stinker keeping me up at night.
OMG, that is really kinda cool I think! I bet it was Killian just playin with ya. He wanted you to know he was there.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hve seen orbs and tooken sooooo many shots with orbs in then, Its not evidence of spirits. My BF seem s to have the mpst orbs about him. Its a trick of the light..

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah I know theyre around.. lol when we only had shadow hed go tearing through the house like someone was chasing him and mom would say "are mighty and tweeky chasing you???" lol funny thing is mighty looked like Finnegan and tweeky looked like shadow. Ill have to scan pics of them so you can see

The tv thing reminded me of a story.. lol i had a few friends over in highschool and mom had been telling them all of our house stories since no one believed me.... so one night we were watching tv and we had a remote upstairs that works on our downstairs tv too since they were the same kind of tv and mom snuck down the stairs some and started changing channels and messing with the volume!! LOL everyone kept blaming everyone else for doing it until one of them noticed no one was even close to the remote! haha she was eventually outed though cuz she couldnt stop laughing!
they were so freaked out. haha halloween is especially a fun time in our home.

ciera23

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL!!! That is too funny! Ugh, I would have been freaked too. Bad mommy, he he he.
Oh yeah, here too! I love halloween. My favorite holiday. My place is all decked out. I make all kinds of treats and of course my kitties get first dibs.

Here is a pic of my two favorite things that I had tattooed on my leg..... Cat on a pumpkin.

ciera23

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks!!! I love it. It took me a long time to decide on what I wanted. That is a blurry pic, it doesn't do it justice.
Good luck in your search! I am sure you will find the right one.

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to visit your house RoyalEnchntrss!! Beleive in them? yes.