Any UK guests been watching Big Brother?

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Victor being the only one getting cold showers is so hilarious too. He can't understand why, or has he been told now? Another fight coming up?

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh - well obviously violence isnt good at all....

but after years of this they do need to make it a little exciting (not including violence however)

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This one is definitely exciting Danielle. They had to do something as viewers were falling off.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was actually in the UK when the first one was screened and saw the final eviction - hmm dont know why I am saying that

how much to they win in the UK?

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
okay so thats about $266,000 AUS
ours has always been $250,000 but this year they have increased it to $1,000,000AUS (about 375,000 pounds) - so they obviously made a LARGE amount of money on last years season.

The housemates dont know that the price money has increased tho

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are not putting Emma back in the house. They believe she is cracking up and that if they put her back in the house she will completely break down. Her mother is travelling there now to bring her home. BB says “We are doing this for her own sanity, and her mum is coming down to get her.”

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
on our big brother they commented about the english BB talking about the fights and that the police had to be called in etc...

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the trouble is Danielle that the viewing dropped tremendously last year, people found it a bit boring watching people just living, so this year they put some really way out people in the house, and I think they have gone over the top with clashing personalities.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can see what they were trying too do - but it obviously didnt work out too well - however having said that - I guess people are probably watching that.

but if one of them has to go home because she seriously cant cope - then they certainly have gone way over the top IMO

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Danielle I don't think they were very wise in their choices at all. This poor girl seems to me that she needed help before going into the house, so to put her in tht environment was asking for trouble. One of the other girls just crouched in a corner and cried her heart out while the violence was going on. Honest we are not all like that in Britain!!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cilla

Danielle I don't think they were very wise in their choices at all. This poor girl seems to me that she needed help before going into the house, so to put her in tht environment was asking for trouble. One of the other girls just crouched in a corner and cried her heart out while the violence was going on.
I agree with you - they wanted ratings - they got it - but what to what expense???? unfortunatly it all comes down to ratings doesnt it

Honest we are not all like that in Britain!!
lucky for you i have spent alot of time in Britain - so I can agree with you

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've kind of read through this thread. And maybe I'm missing something . . . but this facile nonsense that is passing for entertainment - WHAT is the attraction? Seriously - Ive REALLY tried but just can't get my head around it at all.

I'm not intellectual or highbrow and I like TV as much as the next person . . . but this obsession with just ordinary guys and gals that are made to look like idiots for the sake of TV ratings and advertising revenue . . . why is everyone raving about it?

I watched a bit of the celeb Big Brother. But even that I found boring in the extreme. Am I missing something here or am I just past it

Maybe someone can (politely please
) enlighten me?????

Ta.

jasminecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yola, i guess it's just human nature to have a type of fascination with voyeurism. Watching other peoples lives, how they interact.... and yes even the fights and violence.
I guess its the whole car crash thing, everyone slows down to have a good look, why do that?
And i have to say this series is defiantely the best for me.
Call me whatever, but i love watching them all happy and playing up to the camera at first and then slowly watching each one's facade crumble away to reveal the real person underneath

And i'm sure thats the reason most other people watch it aswell.

As for celebrity big brother thats boring, i agree with you there. One week is no where near long enough to show a persons true colours

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup thats the reason why i watch it as well

I didn't agree with what they did with Emma. They could have at least let her back to see if she could have patched things up like the others did, because it wasn't all her fault, then if she started again, then fair enough kick her out.

I looked at Vanessas face when dan went into the room to tell Jason Nadia wanted to appologise, and she just rolled her eyes!!!.

She's got my vote still!

And i wouldn't trust Victor as far as i could throw him!.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susan I agree with you on both Vanessa and Victor. I have thought that about him since he first entered the house. He would be my first choice out, then Vanessa