Any other bargain hunters?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just have to know ...are any other of you out there baragin hunters? I never buy myself anything new. unless its NWT from the thrift shop or ebay..LOL.. Yet i wont shy away from getting my animals what they need, when they need it, at any price. Sure i try to find a deal, but if its not avalible i get it anyways.

Yet..I think..30 is to much to spend on a dress for myself, LOL

Anyone else have this afflication?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tend to be a careful shopper but, some things are just too nice to pass up. If one of the better stores has a big sale, I'm there. Recently, I got Steve Madden shoes for $11.35 a pair.

If I need a particular item, I hit the consignment and thrift shops, first. If they don't have it, I go online and check my favorite catalogs.

For a nice dress, I'll go as high as $100.00 but, it has to be unique. Most of my everyday clothes (jeans, khakis, cotton skirts) come from WalMart or Target.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well the most speny thing i got lately was some things at Vickys on clearence for one dollar..lol

even my jeans from from the thrift store..hehe or ebay. I am pretty good at finding stuff new with tags. But i tell ya..I am starting to think i am just plain cheap, LOL

meiam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
me me me...i have trouble spending $30 on a pair of jeans for myself, but i'll spend $40 on a new litter box for the kitties...and i spend money on my kids...but i have a hard time with things for me...

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ME ME ME ME! The kits or the birds need something, even the hubby - I am there. But for myself? Nahh.... My favorite words: sale, clearance, free

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Just about all the things I own, especially clothes, are from factory outlets, or were bought on sale. I do look for the best price when buying cat supplies, but am happy to pay full price if I can't find a bargain.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by meiam

me me me...i have trouble spending $30 on a pair of jeans for myself, but i'll spend $40 on a new litter box for the kitties...and i spend money on my kids...but i have a hard time with things for me...
ME TOO..lol dont bat a lash at spending 100 bucks at petsmart..

I get above 50 at walmart and i am mad lol

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Talon

ME ME ME ME! The kits or the birds need something, even the hubby - I am there. But for myself? Nahh.... My favorite words: sale, clearance, free
LMAO
those are my fav words too!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Just about all the things I own, especially clothes, are from factory outlets, or were bought on sale. I do look for the best price when buying cat supplies, but am happy to pay full price if I can't find a bargain.
glad to see i am in good company!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost never spend money on myself, unless I absolutely have to have it for work. I wear scrubs at work, and they are not expensive. I did splurge on a pair of Doc Marten casual shoes for work a few months ago, but it gave me the shivers to spend $75 on a pair of shoes for myself. I will wear a pair of jeans or a t-shirt until there is no wear left in it. My s/o told me last night that I really needed to get rid of a t-shirt I have had for 7 years. It's full of holes, but I only wear it in the house.
I feel guilty spending money on myself, but I don't mind spending it on my sweetie, my girls or my cats.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I almost never spend money on myself, unless I absolutely have to have it for work. I wear scrubs at work, and they are not expensive. I did splurge on a pair of Doc Marten casual shoes for work a few months ago, but it gave me the shivers to spend $75 on a pair of shoes for myself. I will wear a pair of jeans or a t-shirt until there is no wear left in it. My s/o told me last night that I really needed to get rid of a t-shirt I have had for 7 years. It's full of holes, but I only wear it in the house.
I feel guilty spending money on myself, but I don't mind spending it on my sweetie, my girls or my cats.
hehehe amen sister...I had a pair of barn jeans..that....well..I wore them til litterly one day they busted apart and fell OFF..while i was working in the barn.LOL..I loved those jeans..they were my "Ventalated" Jeans..hehe

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I've got a couple of T-shirts that I bought back in 1991, and still wear around the house. My m-i-l laughs about my wearing a sweater she made me for my 30th birthday (I'm 48), but I swear that the thing is indestructible.

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love bargains!! I love to shop at second hand bookstores mainly but will on occasion for to an outlet stre. I HATE to pay retail!! I love a local Roots oulet we have.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I DO shop the 99-cent Stores quite a bit. We have several different chains here and they have a pretty broad range of merchandise.

Holiday decorations, spices, cookies, crackers, gift wrap and dog toys are my main items. Since Pearl eats all of her toys, I refuse to buy expensive ones.

One of the bigger chains has a good selection of groceries and name-brand makeup, too. Last week, I got 6 beautiful lavender damask napkins, for 99 cents apiece. I spent a total of $15.00 and walked out with a cartful of stuff.

tigress23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love bargain shopping, flea markets, and thrift shops. My boyfriend however is a little bit embarassed if we're driving down the road and someone has furniture out for pickup if I stop. I figure paint is cheap and they're getting rid of it, what's the big deal.

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Talon

That's me I love clearance and ebay is one of my favorite haunts when it comes to clothes. I am at the age now where if I go the juinors section I look like I am trying to be a teenager again
and when I go to the women's section I look like I am trying to be my Grandmother
I have yet to find a store that has that happy medium in there for clothes

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a bargain shopper, because I don't have a choice. I can't afford to pay full price for most things. It's just a matter of finances. If I weren't so financially challanged, I probably would get what I wanted and money wouldn't be an objec.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CyberKitten

I love bargains!! I love to shop at second hand bookstores mainly but will on occasion for to an outlet stre. I HATE to pay retail!! I love a local Roots oulet we have.
Yup i shop second hand bookstores too i am in book clubs too whichi s nice. reminds me i have some books i should list on ebay

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

I DO shop the 99-cent Stores quite a bit. We have several different chains here and they have a pretty broad range of merchandise.

Holiday decorations, spices, cookies, crackers, gift wrap and dog toys are my main items. Since Pearl eats all of her toys, I refuse to buy expensive ones.

One of the bigger chains has a good selection of groceries and name-brand makeup, too. Last week, I got 6 beautiful lavender damask napkins, for 99 cents apiece. I spent a total of $15.00 and walked out with a cartful of stuff.
OOO I want some of those napkins!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tigress23

I love bargain shopping, flea markets, and thrift shops. My boyfriend however is a little bit embarassed if we're driving down the road and someone has furniture out for pickup if I stop. I figure paint is cheap and they're getting rid of it, what's the big deal.
LOL..i almost picked up a chair today but he had all his drums in the back of the Jeep