Another Porch Purrer?

gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We may have another stray on our hands!
:blubturq:
We've seen this kitty around for the past few days. She doesn't seem to have a home.
My girls are going to ask around tomorrow to see if she belongs to a neighbor. She came right over to us tonight, meowing. We could pet her and hold her and she was purring like crazy. At first we thought she was a Russian Blue. She has a beautiful blue-gray coat that is sooo soft and vivid green eyes. The fur around her face is a little lighter than the rest of her coat. But when we looked at her paw pads we saw that they were also gray. Darn!
So I guess if she doesn't belong to anybody around here we'll be taking her in too.
Our dog is going mad!
She doesn't mind the 2 we already have but now we have 4 on the front porch and 1 on the back porch. She's not a happy puppy!!
We think our
Dusty
is telling all these kitties to come to our house because he knows we will take care of them.

If this kitty doesn't belong to anyone, how can we tell if she has been spayed or not?
Can the vet tell somehow by looking at her? She probably hasn't, but I wouldn't want to take her to get spayed and find out afterwards that she already was. She looks to be less than a year old.

alexnell

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The vet should be able to shave the kitty's tummy and look for a surgery scar.

Have you picked out a name for your new cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alexnell...Thanks for the info.

No, we haven't given her a name yet. First we need to find out if she belongs to somebody around here. We are hoping she doesn't belong to the people right next door to us for many reasons, but mostly because we saw their kids throwing stones at her the other day.

We don't have too many neighbors out where we live so it shouldn't take very long to find out if she already has a home. She's such a pretty cat. I really wouldn't mind keeping her myself.

My girls wanted to bring her in last night and have her stay in their room. I told them she had better stay out in case she does belong to someone nearby.

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gemini; and so it begins. . . . . A few innocent "Porch Purrers" (love that name LOL
) one day, and, before you know it they are calling YOU "That CRAZY Cat Lady"
and you are so-o-o-o-o-o young! Think of how many you could have by the time you are my age. . . . .
I must admit this last kitty sounds like a beauty. I would be tempted to keep her also! Yes, I firmly believe that animals, in their own way, tell other animals where to go for "sympathic Humans"

gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
TLK...You can't be that old!!

I grew up on a farm and we had a lot of barn cats. I was only allowed to have 1 in the house as a pet. I felt sorry for the others and would occasionally sneak a couple in to play with when my mom and dad weren't around.

I love kitties but am not really looking to fill my house up with them. :laughing: :laughing2
My girls, on the other hand, feel the more the merrier!

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gemini; Debra was right about the big sign, but she forgot to mention that the roof of your house has also been marked with an "Invivible to the Human Eye" sign to signal Alien Cats from outer space. . . . .
:dali:
:jarswim:

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3LK - so that is it!!!!hehehehe.
I wondered how the alien kitties found their way to me!
You have now answered that question.

gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 That's all I need...alien cats to top it off!!
Well, it looks like the pretty little gray kitty is ours now. After we saw a guy next door throw a ball at the cats head, which made her run so their dog would run after her, my daughter, Katie, went out to find her. The guy asked if she was ours and she said no, we thought she was yours and then he had the dog chase her up a tree so I told Katie to bring her in the house if she came down. I wasn't going to allow them to torment the poor little thing anymore.
The girls asked the other neighbors if she belonged to any of them and everyone said no, but she had visited all of them. She's lying in a chair next to me as I write.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, she has a name now. We named her Silver Mist. We are calling her Misty.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Pat....The little kitty sounds adorable!!! I have a little kitty that sounds just like it, but she is only about a month old, maybe a little more than a month. One of my cats had three kittens down at the barn, and brought them up to meet us finally, and two are pure black, and my brother wants them, so when they are a bit older, he will take them home...and the other is my little sweetheart, a grey-blue kitty with big greenish blue eyes! I have named her Sabrina, and every now and then I sneak her in the house to take a nap with me!! (when hubbys not around)
I hope you get to keep this little kitty!

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gemini and family; Misty is a very lucky little kitty. I can tell she is already got her claws in your heart.
I am so glad she is safe now.

gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Debby...I wish I knew how old this little kitty is. I'd guess at around 6 months give or take a month or two. I bet your little kitties are real cute. If Sabrina looks like our new addition, she must be adorable! We have a cat that is all black too, Spooky is his name.

TLK...She definitely has her claws in our hearts! She's a real cutie...and she loves pizza and ice cream too!! We learned it's not a good idea to try and eat in the same room as her. :laughing2

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Sabrina is adorable!!!
She is only about 7 inches long....and I am guessing here....but she walks, and is trying to eat solid cat food, and she is so soft!!!!!
I think I am in love!!!!!!!!!

Funny you mentioned the ice-cream.....my stepson, who is 11, tried feeding her some ice-cream today, and came into the kitchen and told me he thought she was mad at him....I said, why? and he said....cause I tried to give her some of my ice-cream, and she ate a bit of it, and it was too cold for her, and she arched up, and ran away!! :laughing:

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Dear Pat,

You're a very kind lady!
Have a great time with you new youngin

Love, Peace &

gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Debby...The ice cream thing is a touchy subject here. Speckals could care less about ice cream, so she isn't a problem. Spooky, on the other hand, found that ice cream was pretty tasty. I always gave a little of mine to Dusty. He was 16 years old and he loved summertime because he knew there would be ice cream. He left us a couple months ago.
I had told Spooky that when Dusty was gone then he would get the ice cream. (My kids would give him some occasionally). Now Misty is in our lives and Spooky is sad when he knows somebody has some ice cream. The girls have Misty in their room so he thinks she is getting it instead of him. I noticed though that they are leaving their dish in the hallway for Spooky but very soon Misty will have the run of the house, too, then there will have to be some sharing going on around here.

Cat...Thanks for the compliment.
I have a soft spot in my heart when it comes to kitties!!

Jackie...I think she is very happy here. She seems to be adjusting quite well.
We'll see what happens after her trip to the vet this weekend and she can meet the other feline members of the family. Could be interesting!

gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just thought I'd let you know, Misty went to see the vet this morning and tested negative for FIV and FeLV. She received a good report from the vet and will be returning in about 3 weeks for her booster shot. The vet said she is about 6 months old so she will also be getting spayed in the near future. Now we are in the process of introducing her to our other cats and our dog. There has been some growling and hissing and a couple swats were exchanged between Spooky and Misty but other than that it seems to be going pretty well.

We finally have a picture of her!

studio224

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh! She is lovely.... I was reading all this thread and thinking: a pic, a pic... I want to see a pic, and finally at last....

She is lucky!

Anne-Claire