Another Lady topic!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoa, whoa, whoa ... $50 is expensive for a bra?!? I'm used to paying anywhere between $30 and $60 for an average quality bra, and a couple of weekends ago, I bought 3 bras for more than $300! I'm ... ummm ... very well-endowed, however. Like, an H-cup or more (depending on the bra ... it seems every manufacturer has a different size). Cheaper bras just smush my girls together and leave me with an aching back; if I want to be able to walk at the end of the day, I have to fork out more money. I have yet to find a sports bra that didn't make me feel like Droopy McSagginhonkers.

ETA: The bras were more than $300 total ... Not $300 each!
I'm crazy, but not that crazy!

On a similar note, for those of you with hand-wash only bras, how do you get them to regain their shape? After I wear one for a little while, it stretches out, but hand-washing it doesn't seem to get it back into its original shape. Am I doing something wrong? How can I be screwing up hand-washing, for crying out loud? I use a special detergent for hand-wash-only lingerie, wash them in the appropriate temperature water, and hang them to dry. What more can I do? They cost too much to risk tossing them in the washer or dryer.

erinandseamus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
maybe lay them flat to dry? And they say not to store them with one cup inside the other.

Underarmor makes a pretty good sports bra. I'm only a DD, though. And $50 is nothing for a quality bra. You get what you pay for usually.

I think it's called Title IX, I've heard they have a huge selection of sports bras

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow you all make me feel better about my cup size. I am a full C and they kill me sometimes. I feel like my problem isn't as bad as yours!

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

Whoa, whoa, whoa ... $50 is expensive for a bra?!? I'm used to paying anywhere between $30 and $60 for an average quality bra, and a couple of weekends ago, I bought 3 bras for more than $300! I'm ... ummm ... very well-endowed, however. Like, an H-cup or more (depending on the bra ... it seems every manufacturer has a different size). Cheaper bras just smush my girls together and leave me with an aching back; if I want to be able to walk at the end of the day, I have to fork out more money. I have yet to find a sports bra that didn't make me feel like Droopy McSagginhonkers.

ETA: The bras were more than $300 total ... Not $300 each!
I'm crazy, but not that crazy!

On a similar note, for those of you with hand-wash only bras, how do you get them to regain their shape? After I wear one for a little while, it stretches out, but hand-washing it doesn't seem to get it back into its original shape. Am I doing something wrong? How can I be screwing up hand-washing, for crying out loud? I use a special detergent for hand-wash-only lingerie, wash them in the appropriate temperature water, and hang them to dry. What more can I do? They cost too much to risk tossing them in the washer or dryer.
this is going to sound stupid but if you blow up two ballons to your cup size and dry them on that it might work i have a set of basin bowls that i use i just put them out of site