Another hair/brushing thread and question..

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The ones who most love the brushing and combing at my house are the domestic short hairs, who don't need it so much.

We like the Zoom Groom. Also the soft, wire, kitten brushes sold at Petsmart. They come in pink, blue, and purple, and cost about $4.00. Also, I use a professional groomer comb I bought on line, after my cat groomer directed me to it.

My DLH cat, Ariel, barely lets me touch her with anything, including my hands. But my DLH male cat, Harlow, both loves and hates my grooming him. I use the various tools and take the lead from him as to how much he can take. When he starts threatening to bite me, I stop. He likes to chew on the tools a bit. I guess he gets back at them this way (and better them than me), It must help, because then he lets me do more.

Robin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, cute! He's so good with the brushing! Actually my/my mom's late cat Polly loved to be brushed. And she DID roll over to get her tummy brushed.

Dot wouldn't sit to watch the video though. I think it was the equivalent of a defiant kid holding her hands over her ears, singing "LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA"

riffxraff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
jericho HATES being brushed but i have to use the furminator because of my asthma and allergies (i read its the best and it does the job!). so i just grab the scruff behind his neck firm but gently and he just lays on his side while i brush him, i let go and let him shake it off and them grab it again and he will flop on his other side (almost like he knows its coming). now if i dont do this he zips away as fast as possible. and getting his belly is out of the question no matter what. just gotta work with what you got lol

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Draco

Your wish is my command:

LOVE it!..Thanks for satisfying my interest. What a terrific video. Isn't cat communication a wonderful thing!