Another expected delivery Friday

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys
Yes they're extremely adorable. I am so lucky, I get to sleep right next to them every night. Babies are so much fun, and next week will be just awesome with their eyes open and we'll get more insight into their personalities. I already kind of know what they're gonna be like, just by how loud each one shrieks and who is the most calm LOL

tamarae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness I laughed out loud at the pics of them laying on their backs, I'd never have thought a kitten that young would sleep that way. Way too totally cute!

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh my goodness how cute! they're so wrinkly and naked! they're almost so ugly they're cute! ahahaha I want one!!

What do they feel like?? I imagine they feel velvety

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Desirai, yes that's precisely what they feel like...hot velvet

The positions were just too adorable not to snap pics of, so that's why I did it. It captures really, in my mind, the sphynx way. The temperment of sphynx is pretty awesome. I think out of all the breeds I have owned in my life, these are by far my favourite. I love that they want to be with you, on you, around you all the time. It's my ideal cat

Tamarae, they're just mini cats LOL. They hiss too. The hissing is sooo cute, and they only do it to people they don't recognize the smell of. They have done it to my husband LOL, he thinks it's cute. They have never hissed at me, but because I'm constantly holding them or assisting in finding boobies, they are quite familiar with me.

Aaah, the pure sweetness if new babies. Life can't get much better than this. I am expecting another litter April 17 from Maddie. I'm gonna have so much fun this summer!!!

hopin&prayin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness the pictures of them sleeping on their backs are SO darn cute!! My 5 year old son was standing next to me looking at the pictures of them ..and he says OH MOM LOOK AT THOSE PIGS THEY ARE SO CUTE!! LOL ..I said honey those arent pigs those are kittens lol he said OH! they look like baby pigs lol..too cute!!..anyways..Very cute pictures, again congrats on healthy kittens and momma

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hopin, yes they do like little piglets...they sure eat like piglets LOL.

Hope your son doesn't think they're ugly because they have no hair. Most times, either people love them or give a smirk, like eww what's wrong with them?

I think they are simply adorable!!! I was just up there petting them and holding them with my daughter and her friend. Her friend wasn't fond of the sphynx for the first few months, but they've grown on her. She's also afraid to hold them, and i'm trying to figure out why.. I think she thinks they're fragile and doesn't want to hurt one. That's why I'm always there to assist and explain stuff.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I'm ultra sensitive but if somebody put up photos of their human baby and somebody responded it's so ugly, it's almost cute (or similar) I wouldn't be very happy.

Please remember that perception is a very powerful thing, and I know I get very offended when people say my chosen breed are ugly...Sorry Susan, just a sore spot with me! Your cats are beautiful.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sam, knowing you're an experienced breeder and now a cat show judge, you of all people would never say any kitten was ugly. The cat fancy is full of distinquished breeds, all different and unique. I love all cats, even if they had 3 legs and were purple or blue.

My babies definitely fall into the unique category. That's what I love about my sphynx...they are different than most cats in personality and temperment, different in looks and feel.

Sphynx do not appeal to everyone. They need to meet and get to know one before they decide which way they feel. I don't take remarks like "so ugly its cute" as a mean thing. I don't mind when people say what they mean, but just don't insult my intelligence. People have their own opinions of the breed and I've shown neighbours exactly what they're like and most of them think they're the coolest things they've ever seen. That's my job as a breeder...to educate and bring this breed to light in our province. There are no breeders of Sphynx here, so it's my duty to educate people and introduce them.

Sam, I like the way you think though. I'm super sensitive too, but I take things in stride. I was teased alot when I was a kid so I guess I have grown a spine when it comes to be "put down". My son is a rake, always has been. He was teased too, but he said who cares, I like who I am and who cares if I'm skinny. My daughter is a giant in comparison to him. She's just turning 12 at the end of the month, she's taller than me, weighs more than me, and has a teenager's "body". She's been teased and bulliedtoo, last school she was at. New school here in the small town we moved to has been nothing but all good for her. Been teaching the kids lots about self image and it seems to be working! At least I'm doing one thing right as a parent LOLOL

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleo was called so many names when I got her.
Remember my post about what happened at the vets.
Must people at the shows want to touch my sphynxs.
I do get asked if they bite for some reason and they always think they are Rexes.
Cleo was once called a giant rat at a show just because her color.

hopin&prayin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Skewch my son thought they were absolutely adorable
He didnt think they were ugly, weird, or anything negative..I think that was the first time he had ever seen a "hairless kitten" (thats what he calls them now after seeing your pictures of your little bundles of joy
lol ..I dont think they are ugly at all! They are so cute!! I hope u werent offended by anything I had posted earlier
I just thought it was so cute when my 5 year old thought they were little baby pigs and wanted to share that with u
And he thought they were very cute
Just mistaken on what kind of animal it was
Before he went to bed he had to look at your pictures again lol he said they are so cute he just had to see them 1 more time before going to bed

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hopin, now THAT is something I love to hear. A child who loves new things just like this. A new idea has been put into his head. I sure hope he sleeps ok tonight! All the thoughts about how it happens etc. would sure keep me up thinking when I was that age. I've been a cat freak since as far back as I can remember, having cats and kittens was the norm in my house growing up.

I didn't take anything ANYONE has said as negative. I am just happy that I have followers on this thread. I know this is the one place I know I fit in because it appears most are just as fanatical about cats as I am.

My good friend and neighbour just loves coming over to visit my cats. She saw the babies the next day after they were born and was smitten. She has two of my kittens from a couple summers ago. I still love them like their mine.

Tell your son that it makes me happy that he likes to look at my kittens. Tell him someday, he may want one of his very own when he grows up

hopin&prayin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Skewch, He is already wanting a kitten like yours
He asked if we could go to your house to get one lol
And he let me know that he will be telling his kindergarten teacher tomorrow about how cute those kittens are! lol

Also an update tonight on Mya - still no babies..I put her in my room with her box and her favorite pillow (she wouldnt stay out of my daughters room)..other than her pawing at my bedroom door trying to get out lol she seems to be happy
I noticed she keeps licking her belly and bottom end..what does this mean? as I said before this is my first litter as well as Mya's
So I dont know what to really watch for as far as labor signs. Any advice is very much appreciated

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
er sorry.. I didn't mean like they were ugly, they just remind me of naked rats.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my GOODNESS! They couldn't be any cuter!!!
I don't think I could be a breeder, no way I would be able to say 'bye' to those cuties!

Awww, and the baby hisses are ADORABLE aren't they? Just makes you want to love on them even more, lol.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kat, thanks sooo much for your warm comments. The babies ARE cutie pies, I'll admit

Saying goodbye isn't as hard as it sounds, it's easier when you know they're going to the best homes that you can find. I know I am picky when it comes to that.' There is no question though, that a person will miss them, having raised them to 3 months old, but by then, they ARE ready to leave.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww
I really want one, they are just gorgeous, I love sphynx cats, they are just totally unique and just adorable. My daughter is 8 and she loves them too, I would never be able to afford one though :-( People who are not used to seeing them though do think they are different, I tell you if I had one my neighbours would probbaly make nasty comments but they could go and do one
. I cannot wait to see how these babies change as they grow, its amazing in just a few days how much they have got bigger. xx