Announcing a new forum - and we need YOUR help naming it!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Cat Chatter is the temporary name, but this could change later on. In fact, if you can think of a cool snappy name for this new sub-forum post it here and let us know!

First, things first -

The Paws & Reflect forum is now officially closed for new threads. The two active threads that were in that forum have now been moved to the Lounge - 

What Are You Reading? (Part Three)

Books About Cats

What is this new forum all about?

In this new forum we want to keep the following - 

1. Writing from the cat's point of view, in the first or third person. 

This is something we don't allow on other forums. You can do that in your cat pages, but since forums offer a better way of interacting (i.e. threads), we wanted to offer a place for that within the board. This place is the new forum!

2. Literary pieces about cats. 

Whether prose, poetry, fiction and other literary escapades that used to belong in Paws & Reflect, you're welcome to share it in this new forum. 

Why now?

We used to have a similar forum years ago, and it was closed as it didn't get a very high level of participation. We have some new members (welcome!! 
) from communities where there was a stronger emphasis on the "relationships" between the cats, and not just the humans. We really want to make our new members feel extra welcome here, and hope that this new forum will provide them with another venue, in addition to the cat pages, where they can re-establish their "kitty friendships" 
 and "let the cats do the talking".

And What About the Name Thing?

Ahhh, well, we have a few ideas for a name, but figured maybe together, as a community, we can come up with something even nicer than "Cat Chatter". So, lets get our collective brain here in gear and see what kind of brilliant purrposals we can come up with! 

Have an idea for a name? Don't be shy - post it to this thread!

And while we're thinking about the final name, by all means, have fun at the new forum

Last edited by a moderator:

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AllMomsKitties thought of "The Cat's Meow" before me, so I will cast a vote in her direction (if we get votes).

stevernie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are Mew Talking To me??

LOVE the new forum!!! Thank you Anne for making us all feel so welcome and at home here!

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a great new forum- I can’t wait to start participating and see all the exciting new threads.
I think Cat Chatter is a great name, and I love all of the ones that everyone else came up with (The Cat’s Meow, Catterbox, and Cat Chronicles are my favorites.)

therese

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like CAT CHATTER the best, and the SCRATCHING POST second.  Great idea, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

What a great new forum- I can’t wait to start participating and see all the exciting new threads.
I think Cat Chatter is a great name, and I love all of the ones that everyone else came up with (The Cat’s Meow, Catterbox, and Cat Chronicles are my favorites.)
You sure can start participating 
 The forum is "open for business" and there are already a couple of threads there. Feel free to participate and/or add your own! 

http://www.thecatsite.com/f/5815/cat-chatter-temporary-name

Love the suggestions btw! We'll probably discuss this further with the team members and then have a final decision. Let's give it a few more days for brainstorming, let's say until Thursday, February the 13th.