Ani's in the hospital

bossinova

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are so strong to be thinking so positively! It's so difficult when people don't understand the special bonds that can be formed with your animals. It's just a cat, right? No, actually, "it" is a very dear friend, the best of all listeners and comforters. Which I'm sure Sky is fabulous at. He knows your heart is hurting so very badly now.

I second what Stephanie said. I cannot imagine how difficult these last few months have been. Your strength truly amazing.

Hang in there. You will get through this, and we will always be here to give the support and love that you need.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aniskyoftrent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hissy
What you just wrote hit me so gently & PERFECTLY
. Everything you said helped me take a step away and look at the situation a bit differently. I am not sure what exactly it was, but your words were just what I needed to hear. Thank you, Sweetheart..

I got out of the house today and bought Skylar his presents. I will admit, I just couldn't wait till tomorrow night
I have tears in my eyes over how happy he is right now
. It's his first Christmas/Hanukkah, and I think I made it really wonderful for him.. (Wow.. did I say that?
) Watching him gives me joy, and in all honesty, I believe he is helping me heal, one day at a time
I know it will take a while for me to get back to my self again, but just to smile and laugh is a gift I cherish with all my heart.

I wish you All a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year. You deserve nothing less than a lifetime of miracles.. You have helped me more than you can possibly imagine. Each and every one of you is a gift from the Goddess.. I love you with all my heart.. Please know that you have made a difference in someone's life, just by being You.. Thank you so much..

All my love.. Lauren

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Lauren, I'm so sorry! This is one forum I usually avoid, but I couldn't help but notice that Ani's name showed up here. What can I say, except that you have my sympathy? You're in my thoughts.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's been an uplifting day. I am glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better.
I'm still there...

aniskyoftrent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, thank you Jcat and MyRage

We're doing alright today. I am still not sure if all of this has hit me yet, but I do know that I laughed a lot today
I feel a little better each day. I have my really down moments, but that's to be expected. I think I just need to get back to work and back into my regular routine. It's hard to be home sometimes.
Skylar
has been helping me smile. I just adore this baby and I am not sure how I would be without him. It's a blessing to have him

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad you have your Skylar. Very glad. I understand the easier every day, but the bad moments that pop in from time to time. I am still devistated over
Ani
It might ttake a little while before it all hits you. I am still kind of waiting for my mom's passing to really hit me... I don't think it will ever really 'hit' me. I think I just got used to her being gone. Maybe you will be that way with your girl, maybe it will hit you.

I am just very happy that you are showing some changes since the other day. Hang in there, you've got a bunch of cat lovers here that will all always be happy to listen and be there.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Lauren, i'm pleased your feeling a little better, but if you feel that you want to cry at any point you just let it out because your only human.

Thank God Skylar is there because i'm a great believer in fate and Skylar caught your eye for a reason

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How are you today? I wanted to wish you a merry christmas... not exactly the most appropriate place, but I really wanted to tell ya

aniskyoftrent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dear
Ani

Mommy misses you more than you can ever know. You are, and always will be, my beautiful Princess. I try to not be sad, as I remember the wonderful moments that you and I spent together over the past 7 years. There was never a second that passed by, that I did not feel so blessed to have you in my life. I miss you with all my heart and soul..
I Love You so much, Baby..

Love Mommy

aniskyoftrent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Heavenly Angel..

I Light A Candle For You, My Baby

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lauren, I just noticed this thread was moved here....I am so sorry for your loss.
I have no words to express what I am feeling right now. Sending many
to you at this sad time.
RIP sweet Ani

aniskyoftrent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.. I haven't really had the best time today. I have definitely been hit hard with grieving and I just haven't stopped crying. On top of that, Sky was brought to the vet today because there was no poo in his litter box for 36 hours & I noticed he wasn't eating much. The vet changed his food and now he went poo twice already today, and ate
That makes me happy, but after all that's happened, it's just so hard to think positive right now. I'm just feeling pretty down and just can't seem to allow myself to relax. Constant worrying on top of crying for the loss of my babies. Sometimes, it just gets so overwhelming. Thank you all for your support. I'll get through this.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Lauren! I hate that you are going through all of this!

Grief is like that -- you'll have a couple of good days and then you'll have another two where you can't stop crying. That's what it was like for me after my dad.

It's possible that Skylar is responding to your grief, which is why he may be off-color. I'm glad that the vet gave you a new food which is helping him stay regular, though.

You need to take a bubble bath, drink some herbal tea, or do something soothing and relaxing for yourself.

In any case, please know that we're here for you.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with everything Snow Leopard says, how sensitive Colleen is with her insight there. Lauren, please please oh hunny~~ I had an awful time with Freddie's death. And we have a country vet at the house; easier than you had it by far. Darling, it will take a long, long time. And that is OK. IT IS OK. However long it takes. You had so much love in you that all that love takes a while to get to heaven itself!
Love,
Elizabeth & Sasha
(RIP Freddie 11/09/03, and SiSi, never forgotten)

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My heart goes out to you. I just read this thread, and after reading after reading the thread about Trent a few months ago, I just wish I could be where you are to hug you. I don't often come to The Bridge forum, because it's so hard for me to read about these sweet furbabies going to The Bridge.

I'm thinking maybe Hissy is right, that perhaps Ani wanted to join her brother, and that she held on until you were close enough to little Skylar, at which point she felt she could go. Still this has been more than you should have to handle. It just doesn't seem fair. I hope that with the oncoming New Year that you will not have to deal with this pain again.

I think you have been a wonderful mother to your furbabies. Please don't feel any guilt. You did all that you could do.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Lauren

Just wanted to say I feel for you and I hope you feel better soon. You have two little guardian angels looking out for you now. May the new year of 2005 bring comfort to you and all who grieve.

aniskyoftrent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I'm thinking maybe Hissy is right, that perhaps Ani wanted to join her brother, and that she held on until you were close enough to little Skylar, at which point she felt she could go. I think you have been a wonderful mother to your furbabies. Please don't feel any guilt. You did all that you could do.
Thank you for saying all this. When I hear that perhaps it was just Ani's time, it does, in a certain way, give me comfort
To believe that my baby held on for me touches my heart in a way that I have never felt before.
As far as "guilt".. I guess that's something I REALLY need help with in all aspects of my life

If there is some way to just allow myself to believe that "Ani wanted to be with her brother", I can feel peace in that..

Thank you so much