Angel isn't doing well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Awww...So good that he is not hot. I thought he wanted to cool off sitting in the tub.  It does look like Angel is waiting for you to run the 'bubble bath' or something. But I really like the way that you can get so close to him, and he doesn't seem to mind. He is a good photography 'model'.

Oh, okay, so the Go Fund Me takes 3% for their service fee. (Not that bad. I wonder if the vet accepts Visa directly, or has to pay a service fee too. It may be better. Although, Go Fund Me is international, and takes any amount...so that is good.)

(I did notice on your last update that you mentioned the cancer tumour was 13.9 'centimeters'...but I think it must be in 'millimeters' (metric measurement)....(though, I think that in the States, you use inches, and so everyone would know that. Anyhow, it's not that big a deal...since as long as the tumour is shrinking...is all that matters.)

I think the photo where you are holding Angel is so sweet. He's hugging you. (Usually my cats don't like to be held too long, either, unless I'm sitting down, and they know they are secure. They probably know that I am clumsy.)
Yea, Angel doesn't like to be held for too long either, so when it happens, I enjoy the "moment." 
   Usually it's a a quick minute, or two if I'm lucky before he wants down. Sometimes, not even that long.

The day before that, he came in there again after my shower, so still in my towel, I picked him up, & he was purring away again, so I just sat down there w/ him & held him for what seemed like probably 5 minutes, which isn't long, but in kitty holding, seemed like a long time, so I did as long as he would let me!  .......Oh well, it was time to change the towel out anyway. 
  Even if it weren't, it would have been worth it anyway!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a hard time getting him to eat yesterday. He would take a few licks, but not enough. Finally later last night I opened a Nat. Bal. turkey, duck & salmon to get him to eat. I fixed 1/3 can for him & he slowly ate about half of it, so that was good. Finally.......at 10:30 pm!   So I left the rest out, hoping he would eat the rest over night. Got up this morning, & he had.

He has been sleeping under the couch. It's 10:30, & he still hasn't come out.

I can hear him sleeping under there. His breathing.   I really hate to bother him & pull him out when he's sleeping, but feel like I will have to very soon, or it will be getting too late for his morning meds.

He can always eat a little later,  but I do need to give him his meds. 

What do you guys think?  Give him another half hr, & if not out by 11:00, pull him out for meds?   ...and offer some food.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
what times do you normally do meds? if you wait a bit more then you can push the evening one up an hour-poor baby snoozing zzzzzzz

Honeybee loves sleeping under the bed. She will be fast asleep and wont wake up unless I touch her. She is my hard core napper. She slept on my chest all night again. And doesn't wake up unless I sit up. I can move her-she opens her eyes but not really wakes up...just settles back in and goes back to sleep. I keep the heat off at night because she makes me sweaty!! for a ten pound female ball of sass she keeps me warm all night.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

what times do you normally do meds? if you wait a bit more then you can push the evening one up an hour-poor baby snoozing zzzzzzz

Honeybee loves sleeping under the bed. She will be fast asleep and wont wake up unless I touch her. She is my hard core napper. She slept on my chest all night again. And doesn't wake up unless I sit up. I can move her-she opens her eyes but not really wakes up...just settles back in and goes back to sleep. I keep the heat off at night because she makes me sweaty!! for a ten pound female ball of sass she keeps me warm all night.
Well, it varies a bit. On a work day, usually between 8:30 & 9:15 at the latest, as I usually leave the house by 9:45ish.  On days I'm off, I try not to disturb him if he is sleeping/resting, so has been as late as 10:00ish.

I figure as long as the pm meds are at least 8 hrs after,  since the Tramodol is 8-12 hrs, & he only gets a tiny 1/8 pc.  Sometimes I get it done with earlier in the evening, like after dinner, (as long as it's been at least 8 hrs), because sometimes, the longer I wait, the more the chance he will be settled in sleeping later. I guess I should try & keep a more regular schedule, but just try to not stress him out anymore that he has to be going to the vets once a week. 

I was trying to wait, but now it is already 11:45. so I am going to have to pull him out. Never done it this late before, but he was sleeping so good, I just didn't want to disturb him. 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, just pulled him out, & really had a time. Poor baby did not want to come out! I just held him for a minute, apologizing, & explaining why I had to pull him out. I fixed a 1/4 can, & had it waiting for after I pilled him.

He went & sat on the bathroom rug. Umm, okay, if that's where you want to eat. as long as he eats!  Maybe because it's darker & smaller in there. (just a night light).   

I hear him in the litter box now...

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
keep us posted. I know I have to wake the Bee Kitty to give her the puffs of her flovent at night-its every 12 hours and I try to do 5am 5 pm but some nights not until 8pm because she is in her high rise apartment. its 9 feet up at the top of a bookcase. the only way I can reach her is to climb the cat tree and tilt the house she is in but sometimes she clings and wont come out.

other times I used treats to get her to come out from under the bed. I make a thin line of treats and she slowly inches out :)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is so funny, I just got out of the shower, & there he was, laying on the rug in front. I had to step over him to get out. I think he must like the moist warm air I there after a shower. Im SO tempted to give him a bath since he's in there. Might help the new dandruff, but he's not scratching, & don't want to stress him out. ...but so tempting!
And he is jus purring loudly again. :)

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, he is still laying in there, & still purring loudly. Kinda worried. he is purring loudly for so long now. I gave him a tramodol w/ his meds, so if in any pain, should be in his system by now. It's been 2 hrs since I gave them.  I took a video, but can't get it to load to photobucket. I really need to get my computer fixed. so I can just use my camera!   He's not crouching, lying still laying down. 

I just got him to eat the rest of his breakfast w/ me holding the dish.  

I am trying to listen to his breathing, but was hard w/ the purring. I just worry, since he had that fluid on his chest in early Dec.  3 chest X-rays since have all come back clear, but that was last month. 

This is when it sucks, living alone, & no one else to observe.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

OK, he is still laying in there, & still purring loudly. Kinda worried. he is purring loudly for so long now. I gave him a tramodol w/ his meds, so if in any pain, should be in his system by now. It's been 2 hrs since I gave them.  I took a video, but can't get it to load to photobucket. I really need to get my computer fixed. so I can just use my camera!   He's not crouching, lying still laying down. 

I just got him to eat the rest of his breakfast w/ me holding the dish.  

I am trying to listen to his breathing, but was hard w/ the purring. I just worry, since he had that fluid on his chest in early Dec.  3 chest X-rays since have all come back clear, but that was last month. 

This is when it sucks, living alone, & no one else to observe.
Wish I could offer more than moral support. 
  I live alone as well and know what it's like to wish you had someone else right there to consult with when your kitty is acting out of character.  Would it help to call your vet and ask about a different pain med?  Sending vibes your way that Angel feels better soon.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Ugh, if only we were smart enough to read their minds.  
     As you have managed to get him to eat something and he hasn't gone off to hide somewhere again it doesn't sound like he is in a lot of pain right now but who knows.   He certainly seems to find that bathroom mat comfy.  If he seems settled I would tend to leave him be and just keep checking on him.  Once the bathroom cools down again he will probably slink back to where ever you are, or back in to that cozy spot under the sofa.  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, he is STILL purring. It cooled off in there pretty quick. I felt his ears & they were cool, when usually warmer. My vet is off on Thursdays. I will just keep checking on him. After he ate, he just sat there, not lying back down, just sitting up. It could be the Tramadol making him more spacy.
So I brought his bed in there & the heater on low.he got in his bed & kneaded for the longest time. He is finally laying down. He may be tired, but the Tramadol makes him stay awake. That's why I hated to disturb him this morning.
I guess it's hard for me, one, yes, no one else here to bounce off of, & two, he may just be having a bad day, & he has done so well, he hasn't been like this much. I did follow through w/ giving the Cerenia again this am, in case he was nauseous & that's why he wasn't eating, so at 11:50 he got that along w/ 1/8 Tramadol, & his prednisolone.
I really, really appreciate you guys being here for me. Sorry I'm posting so much today, guess its one of those days!

Last edited:

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Aw, Angel looks so cute in his bed.  I'm sure no one minds you posting as much as you want.  Everyone loves Angel

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Inspiration to you from my Face Book page a friend posted:

Amanda Pope  with Kathy Mitchener  and Joann Mize  at Angel Care Cancer Clinic for Animals.
Yesterday at 1:12pm  · Memphis, TN  · 

HAPPY TEARS TODAY......It has been a long and emotional 8 months of dealing with cancer and chemo..thank you to everyone who said alittle prayer for Bella and for the sweet and encouraging fb posts...as of today Bella our Rockstar finished her last chemo treatment and is CANCER FREE!!!
That's great. Thank you!!   I can't wait to be there!!

Aw, Angel looks so cute in his bed.  I'm sure no one minds you posting as much as you want.  Everyone loves Angel
Thanks Margd, just feeling emotional now.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I ended up finding it, it just took a long time to load!  Had to email it to myself, copy & pasted like las night, so I can't get it to play, but hopefully you can, since that was the case last night. Now you can see why i was kind of worried. I know their breathing is much faster when purring, but this was so loud, & so long. ..& went on for so long.  I just went & checked on him & he seemed quieter, but as soon as I went in there, he started again. There is also concern that he is doing it w/ his mouth slightly open, which is not normal for him.   I don't know, I hate to take him all the way out to the vets for no reason, but don't want to go through this all night either. I may call & talk to someone.

Angel
Explore kelly8-69's videos on Photobucket.

View on s1255.photobucket.com

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have anyone who lives close to you that is familiar with cat nursing? If I was near you I would bring my stethoscope and listen to his breathing.

I found some sound files via a Google search for what different lung and heart beats sound like. This helped me to discern from what I thought I heard to what is really going on.

Also maybe make a phone call to the clinic and talk to a vet tech. See what they recommend? When you are watching Angels breathing-in his sleep preferably-is he taking full deep breathing or is it choppy type breathes?

Sometimes they purr when something hurts. I remember he had a good BM a few days ago. Did he poop since? I don't know if maybe tummy hurts after chemo. Keep doing the cerenia as cerenia also has pain relieving properties. And of course if the tramadol is needed keep giving it. Or up the dose of tram to see if it makes him more comfortable?

If you scroll back I posted the link for the yahoo group lymphoma-copy and paste some of his info and see what they say.

Or do you want me to ask this question in the Facebook group for feline lymphoma?

margd

Veteran
Purraise
For some reason I can't get it to play.  When I click on the link, all I get is a white page.  But I think it's definitely worth calling someone and talking to them about the mouth breathing.  C'mon Angel!  Feel better!  Quit worrying your mommy so much!  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, he did some poopies yesterday. Just a small pc at first, but then later about 3 more, that all add up to one normal size one. 

His breathing was fine this morning when he was sleeping under the couch. That's why I wonder if he is just acting weird from the tramodol. 

Yes, gave him a cerinea this morning, as well as every morning this week, since his monday treatment day. 

That's why I wonder if he is just having a bad day, & I am just not used to that.  When I just checked on him, he was laying w/ his head down, but still purring, just quieter finally, as soon as I went in there though, it got louder. Just makes me nervous!  

I don't think I want to increase the tramodol, since he is sensitive to it.  In case that is whats causing him to act this way. 

He has gotten tramodol each morning this week, so just wondering why different now?  IF that's it. That's why I feel like he can't be in pain, since he got 1/8 today at 11:50am.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

For some reason I can't get it to play.  When I click on the link, all I get is a white page.  But I think it's definitely worth calling someone and talking to them about the mouth breathing.  C'mon Angel!  Feel better!  Quit worrying your mommy so much!  
Well, now it's closed, & when it wasn't was only cracked.  Seems to have settled down a little more, so we'll see. 

Status
Not open for further replies.