And so it begins....

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey! You sound like me, except instead of stomach pain I have weird frequent nausea/vomiting spells. I had the "combo" as my GI doc calls it about a year ago. I felt some pain during the colonoscopy, told them that, and they gave me a very nice sedative hypnotic and I forgot the rest of the whole thing, didnt even realize the endoscopy was done until they were like "Wakey wakey". Before that part, when I was locally anesthetized and was still conscious, they were letting me watch the colonoscopy, and man...WAY cooler than any cheesy medical animations you see on ER or House. Anyways, I was fine later that same day, no pain or residual discomfort....
I certainly agree the colonoscopy prep is the worst thing. I had to drink 3L of a horrid saline type (said solution is designed to cleanse without dehydration) solution called "Golytely". And let me tell you, I did *not* go lightly
...still, only took a couple hours. Peglyte is a similar solution but is not as godawful tasting as Golytely....Good luck!!

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Once again, thank you so much for the support........now if you could all come with me and hold my hand through it all........
I guess Ohio isn't THAT far!