And let the Vacation begin......

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, we're on for the rafting! Be careful with your digital cameras - I took one rafting last year and it never worked again!

We have special life vests for the cats as I don't think they would like to get wet. But everyone must hold on and no claws out please as you don't want to puncture the raft!

Here we go:

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well. it doesn't look as if we lost anyone, thank goodness. Though Jasper does seem to be a bit shall we say disorientated.

After a drink and snack in the restaurant called the Konoba we will do something more sedate and intellectual. Get your notebooks out! There are many historical sites in this area, including evidence of the old Bogomil kingdom from the middle ages. There are fortresses on the hills and tombs called stecce, covered with intricate designs that have not all yet been deciphered, but which have inspired many poets, writers and painters. We will get a guide to take us to some of the most interesting ones and we can copy the designs.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the way back to Sarajevo we will stop at a winery and taste some Blatina, the best wine from this region.

This has been only a glimpse of Bosnia and Herzegovina – there are so many other sites to visit, ancient and modern, and things to do at all times of the year, including fantastic skiing, hiking, mountain climbing, and of course we can never forget the favourite of all Bosnian pursuits, drinking coffee. But it is time to head back for Sarajevo and the airport, where I will say goodbye and see you on the next leg of our TCS vacation! Over to you, Fwan! Yay!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ever playing catch-up! This has been a wonderful tour, Jenny, and I've enjoyed catching up -- just wish I could have participated more. You have a lovely home, in a lovely country. The cities were very interesting, but I confess it was the drive and the rafting that I enjoyed the most -- I like to live in a city, but my soul is fed by nature, especially water and mountains. Thanks for showing us around.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you Jenny for the wonderful tour! It was really pretty and informative.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really enjoyed talking about Bosnia - I do like it here and will be sorry to leave eventually. It is a complex and fascinating place, and so beautiful. Anyway, if you have any further questions please PM me any time. Enjoy the rest of the vacation! (And no, I don't know who stole Smoky! I thought he got on the plane last night with the rest of you. Maybe he is playing at pilots?)

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you Jenny!
Wish we stayed longer! The tour was fun, educational and interesting.
Oh, if only I had the means, I would go there for real right now.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Hello Hello!

I know i am a bit late but its only 11 am! i was supposed to come on last night but i fell asleep so im very deeply sorry for that!!!!!

Now Ladies and Gentlemen we are all Meeting at Frankfurt airport to start our tour! with the tour bus

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everybody In terminal two and three please board the shuttle to get to terminal 1.

Now from my knowledge Frankfurt is the second biggest Airport in Europe.
It has 3 terminals.
Terminal 1 usually only goes out in Germany and Europe, and Terminal two goes out to the rest of the world.
Terminal 3 is Cargo and the army base.

When you get on the Autobahn (the motorway, freeway, highway) to go to the sorrounding cities such as Offenbach, Dietzenbach ect. it passes between the landing section of the airport.
NOONE GET SCARED! the planes fly so low that it looks like its going to bong onto you
but its soo pretty.
Its my favourite road in frankfurt because i get to see all the planes land.

Status
Not open for further replies.