Analyzing Dreams

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

Wow... that's some dream. How long did you say you were asleep
I'll be interested to see what it means too. There are a couple I had, that I don't need to ahve analyzed... but I thought I'd share anyways. This is all down to timing in the end.... I'm sure I've probably shared these before, but it just really highlights why I believe there is so much more to dreams than first appears.

Dream 1.

I was on board a flight (you can see where this is going already really can't you) walking down the centre of the plane towards the back. I guess I was an air hostess or something because I remember looking at all the passengers and seeing faces. And two really stood out at me - two very blonde kids, about 2-3 years old. Twins - a boy and a girl. They were sat in the two closest seats to the window on my left hand side, hand in hand. I thought nothing much of it really, but as I walked past them and got another few yards down the aisle, I heard an American womans voice behind me screaming "My babies, my babies!" and when I turned around, I saw a rather large woman in hysterics, clutching the same two kids to her chest. When I saw them they were completely lifeless, blue in the face and covered in bleeding wounds and bruises. I woke up at that point and I went to check on my own son.... in the middle of the night on September 10th.

Dream 2.

This was over a series of three dreams... it seemed to always pick up where it left off and I finished up with a running story of events. I was walking down a High street in a town I didn't know. It was very hot and very dry and dusty. That was a fact I could never get away from. I didn't recognise the writing on shop signs or anything... only that they looked almost Arabic. As I looked I saw people sitting in a window of a cafe on my left... but for some reason I turned right, down a dirt track road into the middle of nowhere. You could see where truck tyres had worn ruts in the dust and really dry scrubby plants in the gravel. All the time I was aware of it being inescapably hot and dry and dusty and my throat being sore with the dust. I walked on towards a flat roofed building with boarded up windows and black cloth pinned over glassless window frames. I remember putting my hand on the wall and burning my hand because it was so hot. I did eventually find a door leading into the building on the shady side, but when I went in there was absolutely nothing but dusty floorboards. I looked out of a window back up the road I'd walked down, and I could see oil drums absolutely everywhere! People were sitting on them, rolling them down the street... you name it! I went back outside again to get a closer look and as I did that, oil started to leak out of the steel drums - or at least I thought it was oil. It started to trickle down the road and as it got faster and turned into a stream, I could see it was blood. It was warm and sticky and I could feel the sand shifting under my feet as it ran over them. The stream became a river and for some reason I was walking up it. It was very soon ankle deep and I fell to my hands and knees and kept crawling up the river. A black helicopter went over head - but made no noise at all... nor was there a downdraft like you'd expect. And while I was on my hands and knees I put my hand on something under the surface of the blood-river. I pulled up a set of silver dog-tags with the letters U.S.A.F. on them, but the name and number was scratched to hell and I coudln't read it. then I woke up and it stopped there.

4 days later, war was declared on Iraq.

It's spooky... but I think dreams have a lot to teach us.
You know...you are so right. And I believe that dreams can leave people clairvoyant. I am sure that it did scare you a little, huh? I believe it. I'll tell you a story:
My husband is related to John Wilkes Booth, the man who assassinated President Lincoln. I read that there was this slave, and she was clairvoyant through her dreams. And I think it was 1860, right after Lincoln took the presidency that Haley's Comet passed over the atmosphere. Well, she had a dream that a great fight would erupt between brothers, and lots of people would die. And if the president didnt heed the warning, he too would not live to see another term in office. Word spread, and I am not sure if it ever even reached Lincoln or his advisors but, she was hung. They said it was a threat against Lincoln, and she was risk. 1 year later, the Civil War erupted and pitted the north against south (brother against brother) and many men and even women died during the 4 years the war raged on. And on April 15, 1865, Lincoln was shot in Fords Theater during the showing of Our American cousin. So, was the old slave right? I think so.
And Lincoln himself also had a dream on April 13, 1865 that he had followed a crowd of people into the east room of the whitehouse, where he saw his corpse laid out, and heard someone say "Lincoln is dead."
So, yes, I absoutely do believe that dreams are powerful messages. And I think you are right, and I appreciate you sharing that with me. You are another one that I am going to reference as having clairvoyant dreams. (if you dont mind).
Thanks again for sharing.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't been having as vivid dreams as usual, as I have been so tired lately - working my butt off, I just go right to sleep and wake up refreshed.

But the other night I finally have a dream that I remember!

I dreamed that I was at home, my brother in law turned up and was going to take Jake somewhere and he refused to tell me where he was taking him, and I tried twist his arm but had to stop when he threatened to call the police. They left and so I decided to just disappear like the runaway bride and went into the woods near my home and was wandering for a good while and then I decided I was going to become a lesbian.

I dont remember what happened after that.

ravyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, you made a pretty decent stab at it
Most people don't even get THAT far. *laugh* I should send you one of my DIFFICULT dreams
But, let's keep warming you up first before I haul out the big guns.

You brought up some good points, but the going against the current I'm going to have to argue, as well as the feelings of superiority. I have actually got a really bad self-esteem. It's better than it was when I was young, but its still an ongoing issue. If anything, I feel vastly inferior when I shouldn't. As well, I tend to not like to rock the boat or draw attention to myself. I dunno. Maybe its my deep seated desire to BE the center of attention for once?

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Diane, Thanks for offering to analyze our dreams. If you have time...

Last night I dreamed that someone gave me a big red horse. Soon afterward we (I think I was with my BF) were somewhere else and I realized we left the horse behind. We went back to find him, but there were several horses in the field and I didn't know if I would recognize mine.

All of a sudden my horse charged straight at me. I wasn't scared - I guess because it happened so fast. When he got close he put his head down and lifted me up on his back. As I struggled to get on all the way, I realized that the horse and I already had a relationship and I was happy. Then I woke up.

The dream was really fun.

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I haven't been having as vivid dreams as usual, as I have been so tired lately - working my butt off, I just go right to sleep and wake up refreshed.

But the other night I finally have a dream that I remember!

I dreamed that I was at home, my brother in law turned up and was going to take Jake somewhere and he refused to tell me where he was taking him, and I tried twist his arm but had to stop when he threatened to call the police. They left and so I decided to just disappear like the runaway bride and went into the woods near my home and was wandering for a good while and then I decided I was going to become a lesbian.

I dont remember what happened after that.
Kelley, you are way too funny! I was starting to wonder what happened to you! I am not real sure theres much to analyze with this one. I think its just you being a little vindictive....and violent! But pretty amusing.

Well, you made a pretty decent stab at it
Most people don't even get THAT far. *laugh* I should send you one of my DIFFICULT dreams
But, let's keep warming you up first before I haul out the big guns.

You brought up some good points, but the going against the current I'm going to have to argue, as well as the feelings of superiority. I have actually got a really bad self-esteem. It's better than it was when I was young, but its still an ongoing issue. If anything, I feel vastly inferior when I shouldn't. As well, I tend to not like to rock the boat or draw attention to myself. I dunno. Maybe its my deep seated desire to BE the center of attention for once?
Well, its not over yet. And as for the going against the current...that was an either/or situation type thing. I think it tends to be more of the living in a very regimented manner. And I can see that you have low self esteem. Especially with the crew cut. Maybe. Deep seated desires can manifest themselves in dreams, thats for sure.
As for the superiority, I think you are more overpowered or outnumbered and thats what the army was significant to. Is there anything else that you agree with or disagree with? I am proud of myself for getting further than anyone else has, and mark my word, dear Ravyn, we will figure it out!

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

Diane, Thanks for offering to analyze our dreams. If you have time...

Last night I dreamed that someone gave me a big red horse. Soon afterward we (I think I was with my BF) were somewhere else and I realized we left the horse behind. We went back to find him, but there were several horses in the field and I didn't know if I would recognize mine.

All of a sudden my horse charged straight at me. I wasn't scared - I guess because it happened so fast. When he got close he put his head down and lifted me up on his back. As I struggled to get on all the way, I realized that the horse and I already had a relationship and I was happy. Then I woke up.

The dream was really fun.
Youre welcome! I am glad I can help....Horses in dreams represent strong, physical energy. You said your horse was red..so that could signify mystery, wildness and the unknown. The fact that you saw a herd of horses indicates that you have a sudden sense of freedom and lack of responsibilities/duties/ It could also indicate uncontrolled emotions. And the fact that you are riding the horse denotes that you will achieve success through underhanded means...maybe something was gained through a lack of integrity...and not by your choice? The horse forced you back up on his back. But then again...it could just be a dream that represents your freedom. Have you discovered a new found sense of freedom?

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by diane8704

Youre welcome! I am glad I can help....Horses in dreams represent strong, physical energy. You said your horse was red..so that could signify mystery, wildness and the unknown. The fact that you saw a herd of horses indicates that you have a sudden sense of freedom and lack of responsibilities/duties/ It could also indicate uncontrolled emotions. And the fact that you are riding the horse denotes that you will achieve success through underhanded means...maybe something was gained through a lack of integrity...and not by your choice? The horse forced you back up on his back. But then again...it could just be a dream that represents your freedom. Have you discovered a new found sense of freedom?
Maybe and indirectly - My BF was offered a better job yesterday that will include health insurance. It would enable us to get married sooner...not sure if that signifies freedom.
We do feel kind of held back because of his job. I encouraged him to take the position although I know he is hesitant to leave his current job because he feels sorry for his partner. I also asked him not to say anything yet (underhanded?)
Do you think the dream might be related to that?

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You know...you are so right. And I believe that dreams can leave people clairvoyant. I am sure that it did scare you a little, huh? I believe it. I'll tell you a story:
My husband is related to John Wilkes Booth, the man who assassinated President Lincoln. I read that there was this slave, and she was clairvoyant through her dreams. And I think it was 1860, right after Lincoln took the presidency that Haley's Comet passed over the atmosphere. Well, she had a dream that a great fight would erupt between brothers, and lots of people would die. And if the president didnt heed the warning, he too would not live to see another term in office. Word spread, and I am not sure if it ever even reached Lincoln or his advisors but, she was hung. They said it was a threat against Lincoln, and she was risk. 1 year later, the Civil War erupted and pitted the north against south (brother against brother) and many men and even women died during the 4 years the war raged on. And on April 15, 1865, Lincoln was shot in Fords Theater during the showing of Our American cousin. So, was the old slave right? I think so.
And Lincoln himself also had a dream on April 13, 1865 that he had followed a crowd of people into the east room of the whitehouse, where he saw his corpse laid out, and heard someone say "Lincoln is dead."
So, yes, I absoutely do believe that dreams are powerful messages. And I think you are right, and I appreciate you sharing that with me. You are another one that I am going to reference as having clairvoyant dreams. (if you dont mind).
Thanks again for sharing.
Of course I don't mind. It's funny... it never does scare me. It's like being in real life, but not being there... it's like you're completely detached form it. It doesn't happen very often... and it doesn't even have to be before a disaster. The most recent one was on the 23rd December... I dreamt I was stood in front of a blue and brown wall. Then all of a sudden I was soaked. There was no apparent connection between the two feelings either... it was justs seeing this wall and being terrified... then all of a sudden it wasn't there and I was soaked through. Though I was still standing, the fear had sort of gone past me in a rush. Of course we all know about the tsunami, and that's what I'm choosing to believe the dream was of. But it can also be about something utterly mundane. I dreamt once I was in Edinburgh in a hotel room that had a pink carpet, peach walls and a dirty beige ceiling... and I remember saying "Mum, can I try on my new shoes?" It was months later that it all clicked home - I was in a hotel room in Edinburgh after shopping for a new outfit for a wedding... I sat down and opened a bag and said "mum, can I tr- oh no wait, nevermind" De ja vu sort of struck! So from the mundane, to bizzare, to prophetic.... there's a mix of everything. I also seem to pick up on feelings - almost a kind of atmoshpere. In 1996, January the 2nd, my nanna and Grandad had stayed over the Christmas and new year holiday - and they were leaving to go home. I said my goodbyes and I swear I just had this overwhelming sense of loss. My grandfather winked at me and I thought - I'm never going to see him again. It's written in my diary entry for that day. He died the day after from a massive heart attack. Mum and dad raced down after receiving a call from nanna that grandad was ill, leaving us with granny - my parents tried to hide it from me and David for a little while to save us from it, but when the phone rang - before my granny (mum's mum) answered it - I told her, "that's dad, grandad's dead". And so it was. They all noted the way it was said as "very matter of fact". They believe in my "hunches". I call it intuition
And you know... if it's a gift, I'd not swap it for the world. If only I could dream up the winning lottery numbers!

ravyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*laugh* We'll find out JUST how sick and twisted I really am, and send everyone on the boards running screaming in horror

I'm still not seeing a specific situation it could be pointing too, but I'm going to keep thinking on it

All right, I had this one a while ago. My memory of it is a bit rusty. I had it written down before for another translator but I can't seem to find it, so this is it as best I can recall. This is another 'simple' one

The dream starts and I'm driving in my 'first' car, through the woods. I say my 'first' car because it was the first car I ever had, but I never actually drove it. Mom bought it for me and it was such a bad junker she never let me drive it and ended up selling it again only a couple weeks later. It was a sky blue 'woody' station wagon.

Anyway, I'm driving this car through the woods and I have my animals in the car. The animals keep changing throughout the dream, but it starts off with all my cats and my two dogs I currently own in the car. I'm driving along and I keep crossing bridges. The first one is small, but as I drive over it I can hear it creaking. The next one is a little bigger, and cracks a bit as I go over. The next a bit bigger, and cracks worse. Finally the road narrows so badly that I can't turn around at all, even if I wanted too.

Now there's a large bridge ahead of me. On first impression I think that its one of those old fashioned covered bridges, only painted dingy blue instead of red, but as I get closer I realize its actually a giant doll house. I drive into it and see that its not actually a bridge but more a look-out. There's a big window opposite and through it I can see the sand and ocean about fifty feet below.

As I stop the car the bridge supports start to break, and the house falls forward. Panicking, I hit the gas and drive through the window, the car falling into the ocean as the house crashes to the beach behind me. Now I'm sitting in my car that's up to its handles in water. I get out of the car and look around.

The broken house is gone. Instead, I can see nice little victorian houses along the beach and a big old fashioned sign for a nearby town. There are kids running here and there, and its just about twilight. Wading out of the water, I grab hold of the bumper of the car and pull it (with little effort) from the waves and onto the beach. Its then I realize a window is open and one of my cats has run out.

The next long while has to do with me chasing my cats and putting them back in the car. Every time I find one and put it back, another one has escaped. Finally, the kids on the beach help me round up the last one, only it turns out that its not one of mine at all, but belongs to a nearby house. The kids are all dressed in very amish style clothes, with round hats and vests, the girls in little cotton dresses and with braided pigtails.

I remember something about the town, something about me never being able to leave there, that they wouldn't let me. It had kind of a 'the Village' feel about it, as if there were something lurking there that wanted everyone to stay trapped. I had never seen the Village before this dream, so that's not what inspired it.

Finally, I determined to escape. I found the road that led out of town...the ONLY road out of town. I had my dogs with me and I'm following the road trying to leave, but the villagers catch on that I'm going and start following after me with pitchforks and stuff. As we're walking, we pass a swimming pool and one of my dogs runs in there. I chase after him to get her out but she's fallen in the water and can't seem to swim. I jump in after her, and he turns into my mother's dog. As I pull her out of the water she then turns into my old labrador, who died a couple years ago. The villagers are getting closer, so I put the labrador in a little styrofoam cooler so I can carry him better and head out again. I'm nearly to the woods and the road that leads out when we start passing a cemetary. My other dog has now turned into another previous dog of mine that passed away recently. I notice he's lagging behind and turn around. The villagers have stopped at the gates of the cemetary and are turning to walk into it, as if hypnotized. The dog is watching them.

I call him and he looks at me, but I can see his eyes look glazed and he turns and starts going with the villagers. I call for him again but he ignores me. I know I have to leave, or I'll never escape, but I don't want to leave him behind. Finally, I turn and keep going into the woods, carrying my other dog in his cooler with me.

Suddenly the scene turns all sepia toned and it's like I'm watching credits on television, telling about an old man and his dog (looked nothing like mine) who first started the village and the legend behind them. It was kind of weird, creepy like, like the Blair Witch Project or something, but I don't recall it all.

And that's what I remember of that one

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This one is from last night. Weird!

I'm living at the house where I grew up, a big old Victorian, when my best friend from grade school (Lisa) and a guy I served with in the Army (Todd) who I was good friends with come to the front door and want me to go out
partying with them. (I haven't heard seen or thought about either one of them for years. I agree, so off we go in their car. Lisa starts driving pretty recklessly, so I tell her to stop and let me out of the car, but they won't. Then, she does an illegal U-turn on a very busy street. I tell her to watch out for the cops because I'm applying to become a police chaplain (this is true) and it wouldn't look good if we got pulled over. Todd is really impressed about this and asks what police chaplains do, so I tell him. The next thing I know we're driving down by the Ohio River and end up at a huge mansion. We go inside where Lisa and Todd are met by several children who are glad to see them.
We sit down and they want to know if I've figured things out yet. I don't know what they're talking about, so Lisa tells me that they are in love, having been having an affair and the children are theirs. This makes me mad because I know they're both married to other people, so I proceed to
tell them how wrong I think this is. Lisa is willing to talk to me, but Todd
storms out of the room. I try to go after him, but he's trying to avoid me and
says he's afraid I'll want to talk about the past. (We had a big falling out before I got out of the Army) I tell him I'm not interested in talking about it because I'm happy with my life now and want him to be happy too. The next thing I know, we're sittng down to dinner with Lisa and the kids and Todd tells me to leave. So, I reluctantly fly away and head towards a familiar Cincinnati neighborhood that is known to be pretty affluent. In the dream it's different than usual, with many old, old buildings and churches. I land and go inside one of the churches where I run into Todd, who insists I followed him there. I deny and it fly away again laughing at him because he can't fly too.
He gets really mad and chases me. As I fly through the neighborhood, I greet many people down below who are happy to see me. Todd is running along behind me on the ground, saying "Hi" to everyone, but no one responds. He gets even more angry and tries to fly himself. He's able to do itand begin to fly towards me. I tell him I happy he's able to fly and that all I ever wanted was for him to be happy. Then I fly away faster than him.

That's when I woke up.

zazi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey there....

I only ever have very very VERY surreal dreams. I can't remember a single dream where things have been ordinary. My dreams are only ever like Salvador Dali paintings... incredible settings, weird chains of events, strange music, bizarre people......

totally and absolutely impossible stuff but everything in the dreams is totally real. It's like i can smell and feel and see and touch everything.

The other type of dreams that i have are flying dreams... I have to say these are the most awesome dreams. They are so real i can actually feel the wind in my face and the feeling of falling through the air and everything...

And in most of my dreams i am completely aware that i am dreaming and i've noticed that i'm getting better at directing what goes on in my dreams...

And i hardly ever ever have nightmares.

Do you have any thoughts on my situation? It's always bothered me that i never have normal dreams....

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zazi

Hey there....

I only ever have very very VERY surreal dreams. I can't remember a single dream where things have been ordinary. My dreams are only ever like Salvador Dali paintings... incredible settings, weird chains of events, strange music, bizarre people......

totally and absolutely impossible stuff but everything in the dreams is totally real. It's like i can smell and feel and see and touch everything.

The other type of dreams that i have are flying dreams... I have to say these are the most awesome dreams. They are so real i can actually feel the wind in my face and the feeling of falling through the air and everything...

And in most of my dreams i am completely aware that i am dreaming and i've noticed that i'm getting better at directing what goes on in my dreams...

And i hardly ever ever have nightmares.

Do you have any thoughts on my situation? It's always bothered me that i never have normal dreams....
Ever thought of being a dream analyzer?? I am not kidding. Thats something that not a lot of people can accomplish, directing where their dreams go. Flying in dreams is so common, and its actually a positive sign, that you are able to let go of your earthly woes and be free. It can also signify a higher plane of thinking. As long as you are dreaming of flying, your in good shape.
Secondly, what is a "normal" dream? I dont think we can confine that to one definition, so I dont believe that you have weird dreams. Maybe weird to you, but not in the larger perspective of the dreaming mind. Are you into art? Maybe poetry? If not, maybe look into this. Your dreams sound amazing...and there are lots of people out there who would pay to read about it!
Don't let it bother you anymore. Your dreams are not weird...you just dream with all of your senses.

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

This one is from last night. Weird!

I'm living at the house where I grew up, a big old Victorian, when my best friend from grade school (Lisa) and a guy I served with in the Army (Todd) who I was good friends with come to the front door and want me to go out
partying with them. (I haven't heard seen or thought about either one of them for years. I agree, so off we go in their car. Lisa starts driving pretty recklessly, so I tell her to stop and let me out of the car, but they won't. Then, she does an illegal U-turn on a very busy street. I tell her to watch out for the cops because I'm applying to become a police chaplain (this is true) and it wouldn't look good if we got pulled over. Todd is really impressed about this and asks what police chaplains do, so I tell him. The next thing I know we're driving down by the Ohio River and end up at a huge mansion. We go inside where Lisa and Todd are met by several children who are glad to see them.
We sit down and they want to know if I've figured things out yet. I don't know what they're talking about, so Lisa tells me that they are in love, having been having an affair and the children are theirs. This makes me mad because I know they're both married to other people, so I proceed to
tell them how wrong I think this is. Lisa is willing to talk to me, but Todd
storms out of the room. I try to go after him, but he's trying to avoid me and
says he's afraid I'll want to talk about the past. (We had a big falling out before I got out of the Army) I tell him I'm not interested in talking about it because I'm happy with my life now and want him to be happy too. The next thing I know, we're sittng down to dinner with Lisa and the kids and Todd tells me to leave. So, I reluctantly fly away and head towards a familiar Cincinnati neighborhood that is known to be pretty affluent. In the dream it's different than usual, with many old, old buildings and churches. I land and go inside one of the churches where I run into Todd, who insists I followed him there. I deny and it fly away again laughing at him because he can't fly too.
He gets really mad and chases me. As I fly through the neighborhood, I greet many people down below who are happy to see me. Todd is running along behind me on the ground, saying "Hi" to everyone, but no one responds. He gets even more angry and tries to fly himself. He's able to do itand begin to fly towards me. I tell him I happy he's able to fly and that all I ever wanted was for him to be happy. Then I fly away faster than him.

That's when I woke up.
Wow! What a busy dream! I have to tell you, it was pretty interesting to read. Okay...remember, houses in dreams represent you and your state of mind. The old victorian house can represent what you aspire to be, or maybe there are some old out of date attitudes taking place in your life.The car shows how you are travelling in life or through a particular situation. A car that is being recklessly driven or speeding out of your control means that there some situation that you feel you lost control of. Mansions are a symbol of your goals or grand ideas, a elaborate way of thinking and doing things. Since your friends with both Lisa and Todd, and in this dream, they are having an affair together....are they friends in real waking life? Do they spend more time together, just the 2 of them, that doesnt include you, and you feel a little left out? An affair between 2 friends, generally points that something is going on that you feel is taking them away from the relationship you have with them. Your mind sees this as an affair. Flying is the ability to break free of the earthly woes, things that bring you down and make you feel heavy, the ability to soar to new heights. The fact that Todd couldnt at first meant that he had some anger he needs to let go of, and once he did, he was able to fly. Is there something going on with Todd that you are concerned about him? Maybe Lisa is aware of it? I am interested you see your feedback on this. Let me know what you come up with.

zazi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

i can't escape my artistic side... i've tried. and everyone who knows me has classed me as an eccentric on more than one occasion. Hmmm... maybe that's why my dreams are always so out there. I just seems strange that if dreams are supposed to have meaning.... i sometimes wonder what on earth i'm dreaming about.

One dream that i have always wanted analyzed is this one.

I dreamt that i was at home and it was an incredibly hot day. Of course the house was like our house but not really. It was all sort of distorted and a lot quirkier than it actually is... Anyway, outside the house had become this sort of multicolored zoo with tiny pens andd lots of animals most notably sea lions and tigers. There were a whole bunch of multicolored sea lions. Anyway... hot day. Very hot. So hot that as i am dreaming the animals outside are slowly shrinking because they are getting dehydrated. So i start ferrying buckets of water from in the kitchen to and fro. After a while the water that i am splashing onto the sea lions stops working and they start shrinking again. Suddenly they are small enough for me to pick up. So i pick them up and carry them into the kitchen which has now turned into a bathroom and put them in a sink full of water. Somehow in the time that it took for me to fill the sink they have turned into tiny little soap sized ducks and are now quacking away in the sink. Upon closer inspection they turn out to be made of turkey ham. And as soon as i pick them up they become lifeless. Anyway, i wound up eating one. And then i don't remember anything else....

What on earth does it mean?

journey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow! this is so cool....I just found this thread today.

I have a recurring dream that I can't figure out what it means (obviously).

In my dream I am packing,as in moving to another house packing.
A few years ago, I would always have a sense of panic in my dreams because every time i would look in another cupboard or shelf or room I would see more stuff to pack that I hadn't even seen, and in my dream I am moving in like, 5 minutes, so the panic starts and I don't have enough boxes, etc.

Presently, when I have this dream I am almost finished packing, don't have such a sense of panic but just a little anxiety about moving and packing. There is still stuff around, but I know I will be able to pack it.

What do you think this means or represents? Thank you!!!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Wow! What a busy dream! I have to tell you, it was pretty interesting to read. Okay...remember, houses in dreams represent you and your state of mind. The old victorian house can represent what you aspire to be, or maybe there are some old out of date attitudes taking place in your life.The car shows how you are travelling in life or through a particular situation. A car that is being recklessly driven or speeding out of your control means that there some situation that you feel you lost control of. Mansions are a symbol of your goals or grand ideas, a elaborate way of thinking and doing things. Since your friends with both Lisa and Todd, and in this dream, they are having an affair together....are they friends in real waking life? Do they spend more time together, just the 2 of them, that doesnt include you, and you feel a little left out? An affair between 2 friends, generally points that something is going on that you feel is taking them away from the relationship you have with them. Your mind sees this as an affair. Flying is the ability to break free of the earthly woes, things that bring you down and make you feel heavy, the ability to soar to new heights. The fact that Todd couldnt at first meant that he had some anger he needs to let go of, and once he did, he was able to fly. Is there something going on with Todd that you are concerned about him? Maybe Lisa is aware of it? I am interested you see your feedback on this. Let me know what you come up with.
Thanks for your feedback. No wonder I woke up this morning feeling worn out. Based on your feedback, I can definitely see how the old house and
reckless driving can relate to what's currently happening in my life.

Regarding Lisa and Todd I have no idea why'd I'd dream about either of them after all this time. It's been more than 15 years since I've heard from Lisa. Our last contact was an invitation to her wedding, which I was unable to attend. Before that, we hadn't seen each other since we were 12. She and Todd never knew each other. It's been more than ten years since I've seen him. We were pretty close at one time (I was also good friends with his wife) and I've always regretted how we left things.

As far as I know, none of friends or family members are having affairs and
I'm not having any conflicts in my relationships. This dream was just too weird!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night I had a dream - lately it hasnt seemed like I have been dreaming because of the allergy medicine - it puts me into a deep sleep and I guess I dont dream or remember them!

Anyway, I dreamed that I was at a courthouse going through all these metal detectors which was a pain in the bum, but at hte last one, a blonde woman came running up to me and said she needed to talk to me.
Turns out, she was the district attorney and said that she had been investigating my friends death and that an arrest would be made very soon. I asked her what the charges would be and she said capital murder. And then I asked if it was the person I thought it was and she said yes, and I asked why hadnt they arrested her already, her answer was that they were still gathering evidence. I took that and then went to a hotel and saw my friend that died laying down in the bed and watching tv so I laid down with him and we watched tv together and saw a tv show about his death and thats all I remember.

Honestly, i gotta say that it is one of those rare instances that I hope it comes true because of the actual circumstances around his death and the part she may have played in it.

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Everytime I have one of my good dreams where I remember everything, I think of this thread...and forget the dream, or looking for the thread later on!
Can I PM you when the next one comes around?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a dream today.

I went out with my friends Sarah & Samuel yesterday. We had a nice fun day. I woke up this morning after a dream where I slapped one of my good friends Gemma because she was kissing Samuel.

Do I like him or something?

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I had a dream today.

I went out with my friends Sarah & Samuel yesterday. We had a nice fun day. I woke up this morning after a dream where I slapped one of my good friends Gemma because she was kissing Samuel.

Do I like him or something?
It could mean that you like him. Or it could mean that you have some aggression or anger towards Gemma. Maybe she likes him, or he likes her?
Do you like him?