An early worry but it seems inevitable......

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rigel, I just came across this thread. Unfortunately, evacuation seems like it is not an option for you. I hope you and your whole family stays safe during this storm. You never want a storm to come your way, but at the same time, you NEVER wish it upon anyone else. Unfortunately during hurricane season, those of us who live in the areas we do have to contend with this every year.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are hurricane shutters not common in the islands or mexico? It's scary to think people on the island would only have tape on their windows.

I know all the new construction around here automatically come with hurricane shutters... I think its in the new building code as mandatory? Pretty sure. If so I'm proud of them for thinking of it.

Erm sorry... got sidetracked. My point was does anyone know if hurricane shutters are common in the islands or mexico? As much as they are needed here, I would think they are needed more there.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

Are hurricane shutters not common in the islands or mexico? It's scary to think people on the island would only have tape on their windows.

I know all the new construction around here automatically come with hurricane shutters... I think its in the new building code as mandatory? Pretty sure. If so I'm proud of them for thinking of it.

Erm sorry... got sidetracked. My point was does anyone know if hurricane shutters are common in the islands or mexico? As much as they are needed here, I would think they are needed more there.
Sadly no, because it's an island and the proper plywood is most likely scarce and costly to be shipped there. Also, reporters only show the worst so there may be many people boarded up but we only see the few who haven't.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Sadly no, because it's an island and the proper plywood is most likely scarce and costly to be shipped there. Also, reporters only show the worst so there may be many people boarded up but we only see the few who haven't.
Well not so much the plywood... I was thinking more metal shutters like this: http://www.hurricaneshuttersflorida....ccordions.html or the plastic ones of the same type. Are these also hard to get on the islands? I don't know if this is something they could manufacture there instead of import.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It Saturday morning...
the news about Dean is very scary.
How are you doing there Rigel?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning to Every one dear Friends!

thank you so much for your kind wishes!...

Yes one of the questions was how often the Hurricanes to come to Mexico country, well the answer is every year at least to come one...
....in different regions but is for shure one to arrive at our lands........

so this is the update at 8 am saturday...

about the warnings from our local goverment that was expressed from yesterday on afternoon, the people in general are taking the advisory with calm and of course we too,.....last night I went a the grocery store to buy some can of food and else....

But also today afternoon I´ll going to keep in safe everything that we have on the backyard, Shovels, cubs, etc....

On Weekends I´m not able to be online...
so I´ll try to be here at least monday early morning!...

Thank you my friends for your prayers!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`ll be saying more prayers for you all over the weekend and here are some more vibes

Take care

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live right at the very tip of TX so this could be a problem for me but I'm not particularly worried right now. Alot can change in a few days so we'll see what happens. Those that are in the path right now though I'm sending good vibes your way.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
*UPDATE ON RIGEL*

Rigel text me yesterday, 9.30.a.m Mexico time, to say that things were ok and it was sunny.

Listening to the news in the UK they were saying that it was heading towards Mexico for tuesday

Stay safe all of you Rigel.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Rigel, you and the family please stay safe. I am praying for you my friend!
Please keep us updated as much as you can!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi friends,

this is the last updated from me...

I having running in order to aconditionate all to my office of work about rain doesn´t get the water into the windows...
I´ll try to be in touch as soon as I can!

Wish me luck again my friends!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like it will hit you tomorrow in the afternoon. We'll be hoping for the best for you and Gemma and the kits!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like it's heading straight toward you Rigel.
Here are protective vibes for you, Gema and your sweetie pies.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's pretty windy here today. I went to the beach today to see how thing were, and to take a few pics.

Look at the palm trees

no one was in the water.

Take care amigo

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My prayers are with you and your family Rigel.
Please stay safe