American Idol...

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"So, who do you think will get booted tonight? I'm thinking possibly stefano or Haley"

I think Stefano should go home tonight, I don't like him at all. I did like him at first but his voice isn't that great compared to some of the others. I don't like James either since I never really liked hard rock and heavy metal is really terrible to me. My fav so far is still Scotty, he's great. Oh well, we shall see what happens tonight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

He said, "If America votes me off tomorrow night, it won't be because I sang poorly or chose the wrong song: it will be because America couldn't take a look at themselves in the mirror."
He was referring to Michael Jackson's song Man In the Mirror that he sang that night. Those may not be the exact words, but they're close enough.

IMHO, Jacob's narcissistic and a bit stuck on himself. What an incredibly arrogant & egotistical thing to say! Gag me with a spoon!

ETA: I found the video where he made the remark:

Well I guess he is just so confident in his singing abilities, because he really can sing. I dunno, I used to be obsessed with him but I've been waiting to hear a rock and roll or a rock song from him, because I think with his vocal range it will be beautiful, freddie mercury like..
But, I realized that's not gonna happen, he even said he's not a rock and roll kind of guy...he's all about gospel and r n b which is okay, but it's kind of typical and boring, and I'm still craving his voice singing a rock song
So I'm not rooting for him anymore, it's either Casey or James for me now..

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Well I guess he is just so confident in his singing abilities, because he really can sing. I dunno, I used to be obsessed with him but I've been waiting to hear a rock and roll or a rock song from him, because I think with his vocal range it will be beautiful, freddie mercury like..
But, I realized that's not gonna happen, he even said he's not a rock and roll kind of guy...he's all about gospel and r n b which is okay, but it's kind of typical and boring, and I'm still craving his voice singing a rock song
So I'm not rooting for him anymore, it's either Casey or James for me now..
There's certainly nothing wrong with having confidence.
But when you think that no one will vote for you cuz they can't judge themselves without any prejudice instead of being based on your singing abilities, well, that's just arrogance IMO.

Jacob reminds me of that one guy from back in the beginning who didn't want that chubby little 15 year old boy on his "team" during group week because he didn't think the kid would be able to "offer" anything to his group.
Another arrogant, self-serving twit IMO.
That guy could sing, but his attitude totally turned me off!

Which brings me to why I love James so much: He wears his heart on his sleeve, and is so "real" and down to earth. He's just a sweetheart all the way around.

catdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hee...hee... no more paul..thank u lord, no more weird outfit, dancing or voice!! amen!!!
: clap:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catdaddy

hee...hee... no more paul..thank u lord, no more weird outfit, dancing or voice!! amen!!!
: clap:
Aw, I like Paul. I like his singing too given the right song, which he didn't seem to be too good at picking usually. I've gone onto youtube and listened to some of his pre-idol stuff with his band and it was good. I didn't want him to win, but I did want him to stick around longer than Jacob and Stefano.