American Idol...

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who is your favorite? Mine is Jacob Lusk!!

I love the show this season, I don't miss Simon one bit! Randy seems to be enjoying himself more too, he seems more relaxed, and JLO is soo nice and sweet, she seems like a very kind and wonderful person...

catdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
PIA is my favorite to win.. she has the whole pkg!
..and yes i never cared for simon from the day one!

jacob is good but i don't think he is going to be famous with hit songs like others in the past.. he will be like fantasia! he screams too much too.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is something about Jacob's voice that just grates on me... Casey or Scotty are my favorites! This is the first time I've actually watched the show, mainly because I'm living in my mom's house and she's addicted to it.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

There is something about Jacob's voice that just grates on me... Casey or Scotty are my favorites! This is the first time I've actually watched the show, mainly because I'm living in my mom's house and she's addicted to it.
My mom got me addicted when she came to visit several years ago.

I like Scotty & Lauren well enough, but my two favs are James & Pia.
I can't stand Jacob.
I don't much care for Naima & Karen, either.

I didn't like Steven Tyler as a judge at first, but he's grown on me. And I hate to admit it, but I kinda miss Simon - jerk that he could sometimes be.

I'm not nearly as impressed with this year's contestants as I have been in previous seasons.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is Scotty. Besides being a "local" boy (Garner is just "down the road" from here), I love love love his voice. I like Casey as well, so those are my two favorites right now. I was hoping for a lot better when this season first started, but most of them were not very good last night.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I can't say that I'm sorry that Karen got the boot tonight - although I was hoping it would be Naima. I just don't think she has that much singing talent.

catdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Well, I can't say that I'm sorry that Karen got the boot tonight - although I was hoping it would be Naima. I just don't think she has that much singing talent.
+1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure why I didn't like Naima from the start, either...The way she moves and everything just seems really skanky to me , lol
This is the first time I've actually watched it from the start, so I know all the contestants.
I don't know who Fantasia is, I didnt' watch the show back then, but Jacob is just so animated, he reminds me of Freddie Mercury the way he changes completely when he sings as if he is in another world...

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really like James Durbin and his story too. I also like Lauren (and her name
). I miss Simon Cowell as a judge, yeah he was tough but he made the show more exciting to watch. I look forward to watching this every week and I have been a fan of the show since the first season

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOO HOO James!!
:

He just sends shivers down my spine! Almost as much as Adam!

I hate to admit it, but I actually enjoyed Naima's performance tonight, too.

I wasn't as impressed with Pia's performance as in the past.
She needs to pick up the tempo, IMO.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love Scotty, it's his personality that I like so much besides his voice. He acts and talks like he is much older than his age. I like that about him, he doesn't act like a kid. I hope some Country Music producer gives him a recording contract because he is really good.

I like Pia and Jacob and adore Paul but have a feeling he will not go far. Oh well, let's see who goes off tonight, I'm thinking Haley who wasn't good at all last night.

I hadn't intended to watch AI much this year because of the judges but I got hooked in again. I love Randy but JLo talks to much and Steven not enough. I do see that Steven is very compassionate and I like that about him. What's funny is that Steven gets more screams than JLo, he's hotter than she is, lol.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a shocking ending tonight!
Ryan said at the beginning of the show that it was gonna be, and he wasn't kidding! I almost had a heart attack when he said that James wasn't safe!

I just about bust a gut laughing over James reaction to Hulk Hogan.
I think that's one of the reasons I like James so much: because he's for real and not a "phony". His excitement was just precious.

I think Casey deserved the save, but on the other hand, it's too early in the season for using it just yet. They're probably gonna regret that decision later on down the road....

I could certainly think of someone else who should have been sent home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think both Thia and Stefano deserved to be sent home more than Casey....
Stefano is boring for me, and Thia has this awesome voice but she looks too nervous and like she's not ready.

The best ones are Jacob, Paul, James, Casey, Pia and Haley IMO!! Haley was my favorite from the girls from the start because of the husky voice, and she is soooo adorable, the prettiest girl on there..Pia is starting to get boring but she has sooo much talent.
Jacob is still my favorite, but I want to see him singing rock because it will be amazing..I want him to sing a Freddie Mercury song I think he will do sooo good.
I think most of the contestant this year will get ahead and get record deals, they are just too good to pass up and companies will be after them ASAP...

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was shocked when Ryan was announcing James was NOT safe, and then Hulk Hogan, what a riot
. I thought it was a great show last night. I do think Thia should have gone home, What was america thinking!!! Casey!!! I am glad he was saved, he did not deserve to go home before some of the other's. I loved James reaction to Hulk's appearance. James wears his heart on his sleeve and I pick him as the winner for this season.... My fav for sure.

GO JAMES GO

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As KK mentioned, Idol was fantastic last night. I hope all you Idol fans saw it. First Hulk Hogan shocked everyone and then Stevie Wonder showed up to celebrate Steven's birthday and then of course that shocking ending.

I knew when they said Casey would be leaving with the lowest votes that he would be saved, I just knew it. Randy always loved him and so did Steven. I think Ryan thought Casey was having a heart attack the way he was running after him. Casey really lost it last night, he was in shock. If it was Stefano who had the least votes, they would not have saved him, I'd bet money on it.

I just hope Casey listens to the judges and stops with the growling in his songs, he can sing well without to much of that. For me this was the best results show of the season so far. Wow

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

I knew when they said Casey would be leaving with the lowest votes that he would be saved, I just knew it. Randy always loved him and so did Steven. I think Ryan thought Casey was having a heart attack the way he was running after him. Casey really lost it last night, he was in shock. If it was Stefano who had the least votes, they would not have saved him, I'd bet money on it.
That's exactly what I said to my roommate when Casey started singing for the save. My roommate was all hissed off cuz Casey was in danger of going home (he really likes Casey). I told him to relax - the judges would save him - and they did of course. As soon as they told Casey to quit singing cuz it wasn't necessary, I knew what was up.

I don't think they would have saved Stefano either, if he would have been the one at the bottom...

I thought poor Casey WAS fixin' to have a heart attack by the way he was reacting.
He's already been in the hospital (at the beginning of the season). I worry about him: I wonder if he can handle all the stress that comes along with a singing career....

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"I thought poor Casey WAS fixin' to have a heart attack by the way he was reacting. He's already been in the hospital (at the beginning of the season). I worry about him: I wonder if he can handle all the stress that comes along with a singing career...."

Yes we agree and I do remember when Casey was in the hospital. They never did mention what the reason was and I haven't read anything about it. He is a good entertainer but I don't think he will be the winner this year. The competition is very strong and many are fantastic, we shall see.

I will say that Thia, Naima and Haley shouldn't even be there. Pia and Lauren are great tho and the guys are outragious this year.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Casey a lot, and I was shocked when he was sent to the bottom 3!! Then I missed the last part of the show until just after the save (when Casey looked like he was having a heart attack
), so I didn't get to hear him sing again...
I can't believe Casey got voted off, but so happy the judges saved him. I guess I can't complain because I don't vote for these things, but seriously, Casey should be at least one of the last 6 left!!!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

I like Casey a lot, and I was shocked when he was sent to the bottom 3!! Then I missed the last part of the show until just after the save (when Casey looked like he was having a heart attack
), so I didn't get to hear him sing again...
I can't believe Casey got voted off, but so happy the judges saved him. I guess I can't complain because I don't vote for these things, but seriously, Casey should be at least one of the last 6 left!!!
He didn't really sing much so you didn't miss anything really. They stopped him very early into it. I'm so glad they saved him
I hope he gets back to doing what he did in Hollywood and forget about trying to be something different.