American Idol, the 3 finalists...

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I watched it because of the talent aspect of it - not for entertainment value - and I wanted who I thought was the best performer to win, which IMO, was James this year - and Adam the year that he was a contestant. That's what the show is supposed to be all about, isn't it? That my opinion, anyway.
Well, yeah, I watch it for the talent (which is what I consider entertainment, not the drama aspect of it). If you had a group of crappy singers I wouldn't watch, which is why I hate the audition rounds. The thing is, everyone has a different idea of who is the most talented, and if you have more than one you enjoy, its fun to watch even when a favorite gets booted off. This year I've liked a lot of them, including James, who I thought was a fantastic performer, but I'm still not a big fan of the screaming so I probably wouldn't by a CD. And I'm fortunate that two of my favorites have made it to the finale this year.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Look, y'all - I didn't mean to start a debate over whether or not AI is possibly being dishonest and is rigging the votes. I believe that they are: I don't expect anyone else to believe it. I just wanted to voice my opinion over how I felt and why I felt that way, and why I won't be watching the show any more - as much as I'll miss watching it. I'm not expecting anyone else to agree with me: you can take my opinion for what it's worth.
I do agree with you
!!!!!!!!! I was extremely shocked and disappointed that James was voted off that night too. I thought the two finalists would have been Lauren and James and rightly so IMO. After last year and this year, I won't be watching the show anymore either. Plus, didn't enjoy the judges at all this year, except for Randy
. I really enjoyed the seasons with Paula, Simon and Randy together.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I have left to say on the matter is that I decided I will be watching the finale tomorrow night: not because it matters to me who wins now, but because I wanna see James perform again - and hopefully he'll perform with Steven Tyler at one point, too. I think that would be worth watching. After that, no more AI for me.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by feralvr

I really enjoyed the seasons with Paula, Simon and Randy together.

I miss the 3 of them together, too: I even miss Simon - jerk that he could sometimes be. He was the guy you loved to hate.
I liked it when Ellen was a judge too - especially when she got a good one in on Simon.
I wasn't crazy about Steven Tyler at first, but he kinda grew on me - sans potty mouth.
J-Lo just gets on my nerves.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

All I have left to say on the matter is that I decided I will be watching the finale tomorrow night: not because it matters to me who wins now, but because I wanna see James perform again - and hopefully he'll perform with Steven Tyler at one point, too. I think that would be worth watching. After that, no more AI for me.
I have heard a rumor that James is going to perform with Judas Priest. I don't know if that's true or not.