American Idol, the 3 finalists...

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who are you rooting or voting for. I have been a Scotty fan since day one and was able to get thru to vote for him the past two weeks. I got thru over 10 times each week to vote for him. He is a great singer and such a nice guy with a great personality, I hope he wins it all. So who is your favorite???

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm also rooting for Scotty. Garner is not to far from the town I live in. I watched his homecoming on TV last week. He seems like a really nice guy, and all of the people who know him says he is a great kid and comes from a good family. I also wouldn't mind if Lauren won, she has a beautiful voice and just needs to get some confidence. Haley screams too much to suit me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I'm also rooting for Scotty. Garner is not to far from the town I live in. I watched his homecoming on TV last week. He seems like a really nice guy, and all of the people who know him says he is a great kid and comes from a good family. I also wouldn't mind if Lauren won, she has a beautiful voice and just needs to get some confidence. Haley screams too much to suit me.
None of my family likes Haley either, I think she will be gone tonight. It might just come down to the two Country singers, we shall see.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally am done with AI - and it's not entirely because James got booted off last week.
I'm now convinced that the votes are rigged.
I had my suspicions that they were rigged before last week, but now I have plenty of reason to now believe that they really are. What's the point of watching the show if your votes don't count?

If I were to vote, it would be for Lauren.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I personally am done with AI - and it's not entirely because James got booted off last week.
I'm now convinced that the votes are rigged.
I had my suspicions that they were rigged before last week, but now I have plenty of reason to now believe that they really are. What's the point of watching the show if your votes don't count?

If I were to vote, it would be for Lauren.
What makes you think the voting is rigged KK. All I do know is that the judges this year are more like cheerleaders than judges. I'd rather have the old judges back, at least they gave the contestants some input and if they stunk, they were told they stunk.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

What makes you think the voting is rigged KK. All I do know is that the judges this year are more like cheerleaders than judges. I'd rather have the old judges back, at least they gave the contestants some input and if they stunk, they were told they stunk.
They can't rig them, they would get in a lot of trouble. Since the cheating scandal in the 50s, the shows have to be on the up and up. They can try to influence votes, but I really don't think they care who wins, they just want to create drama so people will talk about the show / watch / vote, etc.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What makes me think it's rigged? Remember last week when James sang in the # 1 and 8 position, instead of 1 & 5 which is customarily done? That's never happened before in AI history. Because of that, some people were voting by dialing 1-866-IDOLS 05 or 08 - instead of 01 or 05 - thus screwing up the vote count. I wondered why James didn't sing in the usual order, so I went to American Idol dot com to see if others had noticed - and they did. Quite a few people posted about it - me included. It was the first time I've ever posted on the AI forum, but I felt as if I needed to do so because of what had occurred. And guess what? My post was deleted, without any explanation. I feel as if it was deleted because I pointed out that I thought the votes were rigged after giving my reasons just why I felt that way, and I suggested another vote for it to be fair. If the votes weren't rigged, why didn't AI allow another vote count in the name of fairness after the vote count got screwed up?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

They can't rig them, they would get in a lot of trouble. Since the cheating scandal in the 50s, the shows have to be on the up and up. They can try to influence votes, but I really don't think they care who wins, they just want to create drama so people will talk about the show / watch / vote, etc.
Yeah, they'd get into a lot of trouble if it was ever discovered, but how would anyone ever prove it??

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Scotty wins, I really don't like Haley at all. I find her to be phoney, and she'll be a total sellout if she gets famous.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What makes me think it's rigged? Remember last week when James sang in the # 1 and 8 position, instead of 1 & 5 which is customarily done? That's never happened before in AI history. Because of that, some people were voting by dialing 1-866-IDOLS 05 or 08 - instead of 01 or 05 - thus screwing up the vote count. I wondered why James didn't sing in the usual order, so I went to American Idol dot com to see if others had noticed - and they did. Quite a few people posted about it - me included. It was the first time I've ever posted on the AI forum, but I felt as if I needed to do so because of what had occurred. And guess what? My post was deleted, without any explanation. I feel as if it was deleted because I pointed out that I thought the votes were rigged after giving my reasons just why I felt that way, and I suggested another vote for it to be fair. If the votes weren't rigged, why didn't AI allow another vote count in the name of fairness after the vote count got screwed up?
I think they all sang in different orders, didn't they? But I also think that the numbers were still the same because they gave them all the first time (and every time) each one of them sang. Even if they synced the number to the position when he performed, you still can't say it was rigged if people are stupid and don't check the number they should dial. Also, doesn't it come and confirm who you voted for? I haven't voted this season, but that's how they've always done it. I liked James too, but a lot of people didn't. On this one forum I frequent they compared him unfavorable to Adam Lambert and called him "Adam Lite." I didn't think James would ever win, but I did think he would outlast Haley.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

I think we North Carolinians should support each other, so, go Scotty!
Right! Go Scotty!

(But I like Lauren too, so that would be okay with me...just glad Scotty made it to the finale.)

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...I would bet money on it if I were a gambler. He was never in the bottom 3 all season long and he is a better singer and a lot more confident than Lauren who I like also. In this case tho, Scotty will win hands down.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think they all sang in different orders, didn't they? But I also think that the numbers were still the same because they gave them all the first time (and every time) each one of them sang. Even if they synced the number to the position when he performed, you still can't say it was rigged if people are stupid and don't check the number they should dial. Also, doesn't it come and confirm who you voted for? I haven't voted this season, but that's how they've always done it. I liked James too, but a lot of people didn't. On this one forum I frequent they compared him unfavorable to Adam Lambert and called him "Adam Lite." I didn't think James would ever win, but I did think he would outlast Haley.
Yes, the phone numbers were the same: James had 1-866-IDOLS 01 & 05, as it should have been. But people got mixed up because of the order of appearance he sang in: he was in the 1st position & 8th position - thus confusing people into thinking that they should dial 1-866-IDOLS o1 or 08, which would have screwed up the vote count. I didn't get confused myself, and used the correct phone number. But plenty of other people did: there are threads about it on the AI forum if you'd care to check into it.

I'm aware of the fact that not everyone liked James, and he wasn't their cup of tea. But there were also plenty of people who did love James - me included.
I think he had a bigger fan base than any other contestant this year. If you go to the AI forum, there are more threads about him than any other contestant. I personally don't believe that it was coincidence that James had never once been in the bottom three, but yet he got ousted before the other three that were left. I also don't think it's coincidence that Ryan made that ominous remark about Chris Daughtery, or that's it's coincidence that the phone number mix-up just happened to occur last week like it did which caused James to get the boot. If the AI people noticed the mistake which I'm sure they did (how could they not), why didn't they allow James to come back and take another vote count - using only ONE phone number for each contestant which would have been the fair thing to do? I think the AI people wanted James gone for whatever reason - just like they did with Adam - so they made it possible for it to happen. There has never once been an AI contestant who was a rock singer that won the AI competition: I don't think that's a coincidence, either.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

...I would bet money on it if I were a gambler. He was never in the bottom 3 all season long and he is a better singer and a lot more confident than Lauren who I like also. In this case tho, Scotty will win hands down.
Scotty was in the bottom three - twice if I recall correctly. I don't remember which weeks they were. He was at the bottom with James last week: remember how shocked everyone was when Ryan called James' name instead of Scotty's?

I do believe you're right: I think Scotty will end up being this year's winner.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was so disappointed that James got voted off that I stopped watching. I didn't even watch 50 sing; sure I was only hurting myself, but I was making a stand.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

I was so disappointed that James got voted off that I stopped watching. I didn't even watch 50 sing; sure I was only hurting myself, but I was making a stand.
You're not the only one. I said I was done with AI after Adam got the boot. But this year was the final straw.

My reasons for not watching it any longer aren't entirely due to Adam & James getting the boot though.
If I wasn't now convinced that AI chooses who they want to win, I think I'd still watch it. I really do enjoy watching the show, and all the potential new singers that may come along. I never would have discovered Adam & James if it weren't for the show. And I also enjoyed it for the "laughs": i.e., the contestants who thought they could sing but sounded worse that a cat than had its tail stepped on.
But for me, what's the point of watching it if it's not done fairly?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You're not the only one. I said I was done with AI after Adam got the boot. But this year was the final straw.

My reasons for not watching it any longer aren't entirely due to Adam & James getting the boot though.
If I wasn't now convinced that AI chooses who they want to win, I think I'd still watch it. I really do enjoy watching the show, and all the potential new singers that may come along. I never would have discovered Adam & James if it weren't for the show. And I also enjoyed it for the "laughs": i.e., the contestants who thought they could sing but sounded worse that a cat than had its tail stepped on.
But for me, what's the point of watching it if it's not done fairly?
I really don't think they care who wins, I think its all about the ratings and the sponsor money. Of course, its a reality show not a true talent competition, so you have to take that into consideration. I enjoy it, and even when favorites get booted, even when I'm out there with everyone else yelling conspiricy, I'll keep watching. One thing though, I do NOT like the people who can't sing and they keep showing the same garbage year after year. Its not funny anymore. Show me the good singers and put good singers on the show, that's all I ask.