American Idol Discussion Thread May 15th. **SPOILERS INSIDE**

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by minxie

Sprout, you don't like Simon? That grin of his makes me melt. Every time he grins or I see that twinkle in his eye, I can tell he's just craving for a sugar mommy to sort him out good and proper and show him who's boss (oops..sorry my sordid fantasies coming out again)
I am down with that...

Originally Posted by babyharley

OMG.... (the lines are open...) and when you call, its Blakes voice
Down Kenz, down!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't wait to see who gets voted off. Melinda will be in the final 2, My fiance doesn't like Blake anymore after last week. He thinks he has an unfair advantage of girls voting for him. He also doesn't like that they make the guys/ girls number equal in the final 12 because it was pretty obvious that it should have probably been like 9 girls and 3 guys. LOL

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think its going to be Melinda and Blake as the final two tonite!!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 2 cents--Melinda has the best voice, Jordin has the young/cute thing going for her, and Blake has the 'cool dude' routine. Melinda can sing anything and sound good, Jordin can really belt it but sometimes picks songs that are too big for her (Woman in Love, for example), and Blake always sounds the same to me (sorry Blake fans, that's my opinion). Each of them is going to get a contract no matter where they finish. As far as having a huge career out of this, I'd have to pick Jordin.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Blake would do really well because he's the most contemporary sounding. He'll probably be like Chris Daughtry career wise if he doesn't win.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

My 2 cents--Melinda has the best voice, Jordin has the young/cute thing going for her, and Blake has the 'cool dude' routine. Melinda can sing anything and sound good, Jordin can really belt it but sometimes picks songs that are too big for her (Woman in Love, for example), and Blake always sounds the same to me (sorry Blake fans, that's my opinion). Each of them is going to get a contract no matter where they finish. As far as having a huge career out of this, I'd have to pick Jordin.
I totally agree.

I have always liked Melinda, and she's never had a bad performance. You gotta respect that. I choose her as my favorite to win.

I like Jordin. I think she has a lot of potential. It has been fun to see her grow in this competition. I wasn't too impressed with some of her earlier numbers, and yes, she does sometimes pick songs that are "too big" for her. I like her energy and she's got a whole career ahead of her. She's only 17! I would be content with her winning as well.

I like Blake, and think he will also get a contract no matter what like the other 2 will. I thought he was horrible last week, and I liked what he did on Bon Jovi night, but he needed to tone down the beat boxing with his version of "You give Love a Bad Name". He is a risk taker, and I respect that. Definitely the best guy.

Melinda = Best singer

Jordin = Best "image"

Blake = Best newer genre/ risk taker

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

I think Blake would do really well because he's the most contemporary sounding. He'll probably be like Chris Daughtry career wise if he doesn't win.
That's what I think too. He brought something new to the show, so it's not all Whitney Houston-esque ballads every night. IMO I think Melinda sounds the same, minus the time she was a rocker for Bon Jovi night.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that honestly Jordin has a better voice than Melinda. Melinda is fine, but she doesn't give me chills.

I think Jordin deserves to win, Blake is hot, but not the BEST singer there...and Melinda is a distant third for me...she has no appeal whatsoever..she is very forgetable.

techiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I am not gonna get to watch it tonight to see who gets kicked off, tonight is our first kindergarder program, we have another one tomorrow night.

I am gonna hafta come here to see who got kicked off when I get home from the program.
ummm... why don;t you tape it?

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to see Jordin win. Blake is ok, but I don't like him as much as I used to. Beat boxing to Bon Jovi!
I just don't like that type of music.

Melinda can sing, yes, but she's boring. Everything she sings sounds the same.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ideal would be Blake going home this week, Jordin winning. Melinda is awesome, yes, but I think Jordin should win just because. (I'm also biased toward younger singers.
)

techiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Melinda can sing, yes, but she's boring. Everything she sings sounds the same.
It's so funny how we all have such different opinions! I think that Jordin AND Melinda are both great but to me, Jordin is the boring one.
Can't stand Blane and his beat boxing and I think he is FAR from being hot - what can I say - I live in Orange county so I am picky!

I WANT it to be Melinda and Jordin in the Final. I would be happy with either one but preference is with Melinda now - though it would depend on how they sing in the final as to how I would vote. It would be close.

I THINK it will end up being Jordin and Blake in the Final and then it's a no-brainer that Jordin would win.

AMTM and then Idol - what an exciting life I lead!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by techiegirl

It's so funny how we all have such different opinions! I think that Jordin AND Melinda are both great but to me, Jordin is the boring one.
Can't stand Blane and his beat boxing and I think he is FAR from being hot - what can I say - I live in Orange county so I am picky!

I WANT it to be Melinda and Jordin in the Final. I would be happy with either one but preference is with Melinda now - though it would depend on how they sing in the final as to how I would vote. It would be close.

I THINK it will end up being Jordin and Blake in the Final and then it's a no-brainer that Jordin would win.

AMTM and then Idol - what an exciting life I lead!
Are you saying there are alot of hot guys in OC?

ANTM and then idol!?!? That'll be me too
Oh, and I have to fit in the finale of Crossing Jordan too

techiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Are you saying there are alot of hot guys in OC?
haha! I thought you were making a barf smilie until I hit "quote" and it said "drool"
I was gonna say, ummm, yeah, there ar a lot of good looking people here - I get spoiled. haha Even the ugly ones at least dress nice usually. hahahah

ANTM and then idol!?!? That'll be me too
Oh, and I have to fit in the finale of Crossing Jordan too
oooo! Crossing Jordan too! Thanks for letting me know. I always seem to forget what night it's on and then happen upon it. I wonder if it is on opposite something else I watch. We shall see!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think that honestly Jordin has a better voice than Melinda. Melinda is fine, but she doesn't give me chills.

I think Jordin deserves to win, Blake is hot, but not the BEST singer there...and Melinda is a distant third for me...she has no appeal whatsoever..she is very forgetable.
Melinda gives me chills, but they're the kind you get after vomiting for an hour and a half.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Melinda gives me chills, but they're the kind you get after vomiting for an hour and a half.

I voted my fair share of times for Blake last night

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I voted my fair share of times for Blake last night
I did a few times only when my wife got sick of doing it. I just don't know how many calls we placed. Our local news station always has an AI poll after every show, and 96% of people voting favored Blake. Woo
Unfortunately, DialIdol.com has him dead last, not very far behind Jordon though so it may be close.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know where the episode can be found online after tonight's show? I have to work too... and our VCR's recording function doesn't work.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

Does anyone know where the episode can be found online after tonight's show? I have to work too... and our VCR's recording function doesn't work.
www.idolstartv.com - it normally takes a bit for someone to upload the episodes, but they're good-quality and the full thing.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I did a few times only when my wife got sick of doing it. I just don't know how many calls we placed. Our local news station always has an AI poll after every show, and 96% of people voting favored Blake. Woo
Unfortunately, DialIdol.com has him dead last, not very far behind Jordon though so it may be close.
I think I voted like 30 times
I don't know if that would even make a difference