Am I the only one?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tarav we are glad to have you join us here in the land of invisable friends!
We seem to have two threads going at once! Ah the diversity of life
Please feel free to jump in anywhere and put in your 2 cents.

catlover67

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
However, I know it is a superficial relationship with all of my "friends" except for Jesus and my mother. They are the only ones I trust completely with my life. My girlfriends are very, very self-centered and shallow,BUT they did reach out to me first and always want to have a good time with me, so I have been friends with a very small group for over 10 years even though I can't really rely on them for emotional depth or support.

Men are in a whole different category! I am good friends with my ex-fiancee, but again he is better at surface,child-like relationships and cannot pull himself together enough to pass as an EMOTIONALLY mature adult. Sure, he lives on his own and pays the bills, but he is what I call a dead man walking. He has not a empathetic bone in his body and his emotional state is that of a 13 year-old boy. He only lives to have fun at waterparks, camping, fairs, and eating. When not doing those things he works and sleeps. I believe he suffers from clinical depression, but he has never been diagnosed professionally. He cannot engage in serious adult relationships and he is 37 years old!

Other guy "friends" in my life come and go, and don't really like to do things with me on purpose. If I run into them by accident at a party or something, they are very funny, kind, and friendly (sometimes too friendly!) I also have had LOTS of men bosses and so forth act like complete jackasses, so I have lost any respect for men and don't go out of my way to make friends with any new men I meet.

Basically, sometimes I feel VERY alone in the world and TRUE friend-less, but other times I feel lucky to have a great mother, a great Savior, and brains that I use to go to college, run my own pet-sitting business, and I don't feel so "alone" anymore. Whoa! Sorry about the length! This is good therapy for me LOL!

jellybelly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeppers here also. I tend to give a lot into friendships and in return have nothing. The people I used to hang out with, after we moved (15 minutes from where we used to in the same freaking town), all of a sudden don't call or come to see us, but they drive to Houston or Dallas or other parts of the lower Texas, but they can't come over to see me.
These are mostly women that I seem to not be able to understand too much, I thought it was a foreign thing but no, in retro, ever since elementary, couldn't really last long with the females, maybe one or two female bestfriends, which is best anyway, better to have fewer friends than alot, right? But with this forum, I have something else to look forward in addition to my son, hubby and my favorite cat in the whole wide world

((huuggs))

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why is it that internet friendships are thought of as being less than a face-to-face friendship? I think they are quite similar-you talk about your life, silly things, gossip, your hopes and dreams, the latest movies and TV shows, your political views, your family and your pets (especially here). You work on projects together and pray for each other and support each other. The only difference is that you are not doing it in the same space at the same time. Just because I haven't met my friends here doesn't mean they can't really be my friends.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, chiming in late, but I do not exactly log in with a ton of friends either. Seems like everytime I do get close to someone, the person moves away. Also, most of my close friends are guys. And it's tough when guys night out does not include girls. Also, some friends are married, which leaves you kind of like the 5th wheel.

My best friend is actually my ex-boyfriend. We dated for 6 years, and to my dismay, I guess forever was just not to be. But, we still get along so well and are so much alike that we remain closer than family, really. In about 9 months, he'll be moving across the country too!