Am I that horrible of a person?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Youre not horrible amy!
I think its because you both got off the wrong foot and maybe there is some misunderstanding between you two!

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy, you are in NO WAY a horrible person
You are wonderful, girl!!

I thought you said Sara was 20 years older than you??? She's acting like she's still in high school. Also, she's "all about the drama". That's an awful dramatic, drawn out email to address something as simple as you initially sent
I took a few social work classes in college and her behavior is NOT the type of problem resolution social workers are taught--as you well know. Good for you for standing up for yourself!!! It's a shame that you HAD to, though. No one should have a hostile work environment.
You really do not deserve to be treated the way she is treating you. She really COULD learn a few things from you, whether she believes that or not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I apologize for not getting back to this thread sooner; my week was so busy and blah, blah, blah.

Thank you all SO MUCH for your sweet and thoughtful words
. That just means the world to me!

Tari, I followed your advice and have started a Sara file. My supervisor came to me yesterday after reading the email I forwarded to her. She agreed with me that Sara was very unprofessional and her remarks were way out of bounds. She said she was going to have a talk with her. This morning, Sara came in my office to talk to me about something and her tone could not have been nicer. Guess LaVerne really scared her

So things are now tolerable, I guess, though I still really can't stand her. The one bright spot: One of our advocates has applied for a job in VA and, from the sound of it, Sara is interested in transferring there should the other advocate get the job. Please keep your fingers crossed!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Encourage and support her for that job as well!
Hehe, diabolical minds think alike!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pass her on to someone else but in my experience someone else comes along to replace the bad person!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Pass her on to someone else but in my experience someone else comes along to replace the bad person!!
Well, this is how I see it....my last coworker was the most awesome person in the world. Seriously, I even call her "mom." She's the greatest.

Then she was replaced by this evildoer.

So, if we go by that track record....maybe her replacement could be somewhere in-between? I'd be satisfied with that!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you will get a lady like Ms. Sashacat used to work with

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I cant see how her replacement could be any WORSE than she is, though you just never know! Since you work so closely together, would it be possible for you to be part of the decision making process--if, of course, this evil Sara character transfers?

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

Since you work so closely together, would it be possible for you to be part of the decision making process--if, of course, this evil Sara character transfers?
Well, I tried that last time. I have a good friend from the shelter I used to work with who applied for the job. The lady who was leaving the position, as well as our supervisor, put in a VERY good word for her with the contractor on my behalf. The dumb company didn't even INTERVIEW her, even though she is extremely experienced and could've started immediately (I was the only advocate here for almost 2 months while we waited for Sara to move from KY)
. So....doubtful

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes you need to give a person enough rope to hang themselves!!!!!!!!!! I think this would be best in your case!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm not sure this will help... but i have a similar problem with another teacher here at school, in that she tends to overreact to anything i say to her that might possibly be misconstrued. the funny thing is, i rarely speak to her at all, because i don't like her. but she feels the need to make comments to/about me all the time. i think she just is one of those people who need to push others around to feel important, & i'm unpushable.
i totally get the crying thing, because that's my reaction for every emotion - anger, sadness, extreme frustration - & it's very hard to deal with. especially because people like Sara (& my sister, & this teacher) seem to have an ability to be very calm & erudite when they are angry - they can speak easily & with great impact, while i'm crying & looking like a child & a fool.
although it's too late for this, i feel the best reponse to her email would've been to simply write, "That's fine, it was just a reminder." then, say to yourself, "bite me". i find it much easier to repond coolly in print when i'm angry!

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good God Amy, I am just reading this now...What a flippin' psycho!!!
Do not even get upset about her! I know it's extremely hard because you work together and well you are a normal, caring human being...but that girl is just flat out MEAN. Don't even pay her no mind, offer her any more help and don't even talk to her unless you need to...just keep it completely business. People like that have a chip on their shoulder and just need to be left alone. Don'tcha wish we could take all the mean people in the world and lock them in one room?! UGH. ::censor::censor::censor::

Next time, just email her this file back...

hahahahaha!