Am I Pregnant???

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Well..i'm on the phone with my sister Kimmy....apparently ovarian cysts and stuff like that run in the family
My mom, my grandmom, and all of my sisters have them.
Oh hun- I'm sorry! Have you made a DR. appointment yet? Sending TONS of get well soon vibes!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well..i'm on the phone with my sister Kimmy....apparently ovarian cysts and stuff like that run in the family
My mom, my grandmom, and all of my sisters have them.
Ovarian cysts, ect. are very hereditary. When I was born my mother asked if I would have her problems as well and her dr told her most likely with out a doubt, I would have about an 85% chance of developing the same problems as she has. She is now 50 and faced with severe issues and just had an endometrial ablition (where the basically use boiling liguid to scald/cotorizer(sp?) the scar tissue. If that doesn't help she will have to have a complete hist. So if they have them good chance you do or have and didn't even know it. They happen alot more then people think. I have them so often now, I can't tell when one starts and another had rupured, ect. I haven't had a period for 2 months now, and before that I had a period for about a month straight. I am a mess right now, again, and I am just terrified of going to dr. ect. (I wouldn't even have a dr deliver my girl, I went to a midwife) My moms mother died pretty young with ovarian cancer, and my mother had some pre-cancerious cells before she had the ablition done. (not exactly sure what pre-caner cells are) but she had them.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki, I don't have much to add, but I just wanted to let you know that I hope that everything is okay.

malikitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hun try not to worry. If its a cyst its not always bad. I get them every month, mine usually burst on their own. They hurt when they do but never get bigger than 2cm in size. I had one on my ovary throughout my whole pregnancy with my youngest son lol. Most women get them every month with normal ovulation, sometimes they linger. So try and not worry. Good vibes sending you way.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Malikitty

Hun try not to worry. If its a cyst its not always bad. I get them every month, mine usually burst on their own. They hurt when they do but never get bigger than 2cm in size. I had one on my ovary throughout my whole pregnancy with my youngest son lol. Most women get them every month with normal ovulation, sometimes they linger. So try and not worry. Good vibes sending you way.
I'm sorry, I don't mean to try and scare you, they are a lot more common then people think, many have them and never even know, I was trying to give you some ideas to go to the DR. with, not sound scary
My problems are what happens to me, not every one, I just wanted you to know that is what I thought you may have where the cysts, and they are not bad like mine for every one. But they can be hereditary, so if the woman in your family have them then you may. In fact you may have always had then but since they aren't bad, you never noticed. When I was having a real bad time with them I they put me on the pill to help with them, so they can be controlled with that, and as soon as they get you through this one (if that's what it is) and you are back on the pill religiously again, you may not have problems with them again. So please don't let me and my expiriences worry you, I also have the endometriosis too, that';s why I have the problems I do have. So malikitty is right, try not to worry about them. You will be fine. I hope you don't even have them and your system is just going through the change of going with out and then starting the pill again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok- so i was really starting to wonder tonight and i took another test. It came back positive!!!!!
So maybe i am pregnant
/ That or the test is wrong - eithor way, i'll know 100% for sure on Monday when they do my ultrasound and exam! Geesh, now i'm really confused!!!!
I'm kinda hoping i am and that it's healthy and not ectpoic...but i'm trying not to get my hopes up- it could be a false positive.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I'm sorry, I don't mean to try and scare you, they are a lot more common then people think, many have them and never even know, I was trying to give you some ideas to go to the DR. with, not sound scary
My problems are what happens to me, not every one, I just wanted you to know that is what I thought you may have where the cysts, and they are not bad like mine for every one. But they can be hereditary, so if the woman in your family have them then you may. In fact you may have always had then but since they aren't bad, you never noticed. When I was having a real bad time with them I they put me on the pill to help with them, so they can be controlled with that, and as soon as they get you through this one (if that's what it is) and you are back on the pill religiously again, you may not have problems with them again. So please don't let me and my expiriences worry you, I also have the endometriosis too, that';s why I have the problems I do have. So malikitty is right, try not to worry about them. You will be fine. I hope you don't even have them and your system is just going through the change of going with out and then starting the pill again
You weren't worrying me at all sweetie! If anything- you were helping
It's good to have insight from others! And it's definitely something i'm talking with my doctor about on Monday- because it is hereditary and does run in my family. Everyone has been diagnosed with them so far (mom, grandma, all 4 sisters) except me- so that could be what it is. We'll see. I'm hoping i don't have them, but if i do, i trust my doctor- she's wonderful.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok- so i was really starting to wonder tonight and i took another test. It came back positive!!!!!
So maybe i am pregnant
/ That or the test is wrong - eithor way, i'll know 100% for sure on Monday when they do my ultrasound and exam! Geesh, now i'm really confused!!!!
I'm kinda hoping i am and that it's healthy and not ectpoic...but i'm trying not to get my hopes up- it could be a false positive.
I don't want to help you get your hopes up, But, YEA! This will be such good news for you if it isn't wrong.
I hope this turns out well for you.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't want to help you get your hopes up, But, YEA! This will be such good news for you if it isn't wrong.
I hope this turns out well for you.
Thankyou!!! I'm REALLY trying not to get excited right now because if it turns out just to by a cyst or a false positive i know i'll be upset. But i'm really hoping it's right and i am
. We'll know on monday! But man- monday seems like a year away
And right now i'm really not sure how accurate the tests are because i got one negative the first time i took it and then one positive tonight- so i'm not definite. We'll know on monday

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Thankyou!!! I'm REALLY trying not to get excited right now because if it turns out just to by a cyst or a false positive i know i'll be upset. But i'm really hoping it's right and i am
. We'll know on monday! But man- monday seems like a year away
And right now i'm really not sure how accurate the tests are because i got one negative the first time i took it and then one positive tonight- so i'm not definite. We'll know on monday
False positives are REALLY rare...so Congrats!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Oh wow! Yes, Monday is forever away...
. Hang in there!
I'm trying! I really hope i am!
But whatever happens i'm sure it'll be ok. I'm SOOOOOOO TRYING not to get too excited yet just incase the test is wrong, but it's hard not to.

Originally Posted by LoveMyBabies

False positives are REALLY rare...so Congrats!!
Really? My friend had one a back in July- and went in and wound up not being pregnant (she took it at the right time and followed the directions. she took the ept one that says "pregnant or not pregnant" and it said pregnant.) But when she went to the doctor she wasn't. So i don't think they're tooooooo uncommon maybe? I think it's weird that i got a negative a few nights ago and a positive tonight?
I dunno if it's right or not
I'm SOOOO gonna go crazy till i know for sure on Monday!
I'm trying not to get too excited-it's not working

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

Hey I just got caught up with the news. Why not take another one tomorrow morning? Couldn't hurt...lol.
lol...true...but if i keep getting mixed messages i'm gonna go
. I might just wait till monday.

Go get another two pack and take the best outta four?
who know! maybe that'll work

malikitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh me oh my, congrats girl. try not to worry, with my youngest they thought i had an egtopic preg cause the sac was empty on ultrasound and i have bad bad pain by the ovary. they did exploritory surgery and found the cyst on the ovary. the dr left it cause it would have aborted the pregnancy even though he said it was less than 50% chance anything would develope. A week later i had a tiny being in there with a heart beat and 3 years later he wakes me every morn at 2-3am sharp lol. so keep your chin up no matter what.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Malikitty

oh me oh my, congrats girl. try not to worry, with my youngest they thought i had an egtopic preg cause the sac was empty on ultrasound and i have bad bad pain by the ovary. they did exploritory surgery and found the cyst on the ovary. the dr left it cause it would have aborted the pregnancy even though he said it was less than 50% chance anything would develope. A week later i had a tiny being in there with a heart beat and 3 years later he wakes me every morn at 2-3am sharp lol. so keep your chin up no matter what.
Awww thanks!
I'm soo glad your little one wound up being ok
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that if i am pregnant, it is not ectpoic. even so - sometimes they can do surgery and move the baby around in an attempt to safe it. i'm not sure what the odds of success on that are- but it's worth a shot if that's the thing
. I'm trying not to get excited- but i realllllllllly hope i am
uhhh...watch it just be a cyst or something when i go on monday
how exciting would that be.