Am I in the wrong to be angry here?

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok guys, I'm mad, and I'll admit it, but I really would like to know if I'm a terrible person for being mad in the first place. We have a 50th anniversary to cater Saturday about an hour and a half from home, it's to be set up and ready for pictures to be taken at 12:30 pm. This means we're needing to leave no later than 9:30 am to get there and do everything that we need to do. Now, I have no problem with this, it's been booked for months, all systems are "go". Will spend most of the day Friday cooking for it and serving at a rehersal dinner here in town.

Now, to what peeved me off....a lady just came in my store to see hub. I gave her his card, told her the cell phone was the best way to reach him. She informed me in a very haughty manner that " she was going out of town until Friday and needed him to do a brunch for her and about 8 of her friends Saturday morning, to let them try his 'stuff'. I told her that he couldn't (explained the above scenario), she looked at me like I was crazy, and told me to tell him that SHE expected HIM to have the food ready for them about 8 Saturday morning!" I repeated myself again that he couldn't, and she said for him to call her (mind you she's leaving town right now, and won't be back until Friday sometime). I asked her if there was anyone else of the ladies that he could call if he couldn't get her....she informed me (head back, nose in the air) "no, SHE was the only one that could do it", and walked out the door. Sheesh! Now mind you, I was unfailingly nice and polite to her, but dear God what a b**h!......and mad doesn't begin to describe the way I feel about it right now......am I wrong for that?

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that's awful! What a snooty little sow! You've got every right to be angry with her! If I'd been you, I would have told her in no uncertain terms that manners didn't cost anyone anything
People like that make me mad too

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Of course you aren't wrong to be mad. I can't stand it when people think they are better than everyone else. Hopefully she doesn't know a lot of people and starts to talk down your business......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Of course you aren't wrong to be mad. I can't stand it when people think they are better than everyone else. Hopefully she doesn't know a lot of people and starts to talk down your business......
See, THAT's what worries me and maddens me most.....'cause there isn't any way for it to be done....period! And its going to be her fault for not making the reservation earlier....but still she'll probably blame him.....UGH!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope you aren't wrong to be upset, the woman has very poor manners...how lucky for her that your's are exquisite

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

I told her that he couldn't (explained the above scenario), she looked at me like I was crazy, and told me to tell him that SHE expected HIM to have the food ready for them about 8 Saturday morning!"
OH MY GOSH! I would've wanted back hand her! You have all and EVERY RIGHT to be FURIOUS!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol,
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Nope you aren't wrong to be upset, the woman has very poor manners...how lucky for her that your's are exquisite
All I can say is she'd best be proud that my mama tried to raise me well.........'cause I do believe that if she hadn't left when she did, I'd have burst a gut trying not to do her harm!

The annoying thing is, I know darn well she expects it to be done!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Hey Cindy!, good job you didn't have a cream pie in your hand when she said that to you!
Lord have mercy, THAT is the truth....'cuz I might have pitched it in anger!

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I would've loved to YELL at her, and it would've been hard for me not to slap her!
Would've felt good, though, eh Cindy?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lol,

All I can say is she'd best be proud that my mama tried to raise me well.........'cause I do believe that if she hadn't left when she did, I'd have burst a gut trying not to do her harm!

The annoying thing is, I know darn well she expects it to be done!
There was no oral contract here, no agreement to do this, in fact, she was told you were booked. I realize your husband will have to call and make that clear to her, too bad for her that she won't find out until the day before! Maybe a posted policy needs to be on any catering flyers re must be booked a week in advance (or whatever is standard)? Or maybe you already have that, and she just ignored it. I wonder how far this attitude has gotten her before (reminds me of a spoiled child!)

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've thought of a good one to tell her!.

You have a good friend in the UK (me) who wants you to do afternoon tea for her and her friends!.

Then you say if she could match the cost of that then you would blow me out and do hers!!

But cut me in on it of course!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Lord have mercy, THAT is the truth....'cuz I might have pitched it in anger!
And nobody in their right mind would have blamed you, either!! What a piece of work she is!! Just in case it wasn't obvious, I agree that you are absolutely NOT wrong to be angry -- not only that, but to be commended for not throttling her!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The sad thing is that even if (a BIG if) Charlie decides to go ahead and bust his hump to get her brunch done by 8:00 Saturday morning, she'll probably hate everything. It won't be good enough. And even if it is and she decided to use you later for catering her events...would it be worth it? Is having a horrible client who makes you jump through hoops worth the pay?

Honestly, even if she badmouths you, any NORMAL person will know what type of person she is, and will take it with a huge helping of salt.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

I've thought of a good one to tell her!.

You have a good friend in the UK (me) who wants you to do afternoon tea for her and her friends!.

Then you say if she could match the cost of that then you would blow me out and do hers!!

But cut me in on it of course!!
Hmmmm, I like that thought, Susan!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

The sad thing is that even if (a BIG if) Charlie decides to go ahead and bust his hump to get her brunch done by 8:00 Saturday morning, she'll probably hate everything. It won't be good enough. And even if it is and she decided to use you later for catering her events...would it be worth it? Is having a horrible client who makes you jump through hoops worth the pay?

Honestly, even if she badmouths you, any NORMAL person will know what type of person she is, and will take it with a huge helping of salt.
Heidi, I'm going to warn you and the rest of the TCS membership right now.....if he does....you guys will 1)hear the kaboom when I blow up all over the world, and 2) will be looking for a new mentor, because I will KILL him!