All About Pets Show - Toronto

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and one with Tracy

and another Maine Coon

I was so busy admiring Beans the big orange Maine Coon that I never took a pic!

Matt survived well
although I think he has learned his lesson about saying he has to come with me to make sure I don't come home with another cat!

Wendy, thank you for the goodie bag, Boomer is happily playing with the whole bag and is refusing to share at all

As always, it was a pleasure seeing all of you!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I was so busy admiring Beans the big orange Maine Coon that I never took a pic!
Is this the one you are talking about?

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww guys, I'm sorry I missed hanging out at the restaurant with you

I promise the next meet up I'll do my best to come ALONE, and not be restricted by scheduling!

The show was great! I wish I'd realised my camera battery was dead last night though, I only got ONE picture!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pics are good!!!!! Glad you all had a good time. Good to know Matt survived the TCS Ladies experience!!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lord, I take horrible pictures. Just copy it and post it in your basement and I guarantee you'll never have mice or other critters!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
An excellent afternoon at the Toronto Cat Show! Thanks everyone for a great day.

Linda (Yosemite) did a great job co-ordinating the bunch of us to meet at noon. She was true to her word, and kept her cel phone on in case there were any complications. Of course, I had a problem. As there turned out to be two entrances, guess who went to the wrong one? Anyway she guided me through the crowd to the proper destination.

Once I navigated myself around a freezing cold parking lot (spring in Toronto reverted back to winter recently), I came across the TCS bunch. What a great group of warm, friendly people.

Linda, Tracy (Missmeow), Wendy (Pushylady), and myself wandered around the show while Eithne (Icklemiss) and Matt took their own path for a few hours. Unfortunately, because I was delayed by the entrance confusion, I didn't get to meet Vanillasugar (Julia). Hopefully next time

We saw lots of dogs, cats (Maine Coons, Bengals, Savanaghs, Rag dolls, plus, my favourites: regular cuddly domestics). Also, lots of toy and food stalls. I came home with a bag of toys, plus somesort of glass nail-file that the salesperson convinced me I could use on my kittys' claws! I didn't see one cat tree, which confirms my idea that I should just build my own with BF's help.

We met back up with Matt and Eithne, and then all went for lunch at a nearby restaurant. It was great to chat with everyone and get to know each other (some of us had met before, but for me it was my first time meeting everyone). We shared fun stories about our cats, the pet show, TCS and a little about some of our interesting careers (did any of you notice the single guy on his laptop at the next table evesdropping? So funny. I think he was wondering how we all were connected to each other. First I think he thought air crafts, then maybe cat breeders, then maybe internet!
).

Wendy surprised us with Easter Loot bags for our feline families (okay, there was one chocolate for us humans!). So kind of her. My cats are already into it. My BF had to hold me back from giving them everything at once, as he warned me to spread out the gifts over the next few weeks. Especially, since I also brought back other purchased toys (the air pump jumping spider is already a huge hit with not only the cats but also my BF!).

Hopefully, we can all meet up again in the summer. Now that I know Matt (a really cool, cat loving guy) came out, my BF (also a cat lover) will definetly join us.

Thanks everyone for a fun afternoon.
Also the photos that were posted

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here's one of Fred playing with Wendy's (Pushylady) cat nip gift:

Here is one of Fred watching Nermal play with Wendy's gift:

Another of the cats fighting over Wendy's catnip gift:

And here's a few of the cats playing with the new jumping spider (it jumps around by squeezing a little air pump):

I probably should have posted these in Fur Pictures, however since it was related to the Pet Show thread I thought I'd put it here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The guy with the laptop was hilarious, every so often he would pick up on a new piece of the conversation and look completely confused

The airpump spider is a huge hit here too (although the poor thing already lost a leg thanks to Boomer)

and I forgot to mention yesterday that Wendy bought me chocolate from a British shop and so is my new bestest friend!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There must be more pictures. My hubby asked me to look to see if any more were posted since yesterday.

Did anyone get a photo of me with the bird? I was just looking at the birds and the next thing I knew this lady put her bird on my hand. It was a lovely little thing and I didn't mind at all.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

There must be more pictures. My hubby asked me to look to see if any more were posted since yesterday.

Did anyone get a photo of me with the bird? I was just looking at the birds and the next thing I knew this lady put her bird on my hand. It was a lovely little thing and I didn't mind at all.
That was so sweet when you got to hold that bird. I don't think so. I didn't have a camera and I don't recall either Tracy or Wendy taking a photo.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think Wendy took a few more than I did. Perhaps she'll post a few when she logs on

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got home an hour ago and so haven't had a chance to check out this thread.
I had a great time, it was lovely to meet Beth and Julia and Mat, and to see Linda, Tracy and Eithne again. I'm glad to hear everyone's cats are enjoying their Easter presents.

Here are some pics I took:
at the restaurant

TCS advertising

Linda with the bird

Tracy's favourite dog

My boys liked their new toys too. Wiggies likes the spring that Beth bought. He's been chasing that up and down the hall.
Hope you enjoy the British goodies, Eithne.

There were such gorgeous cats there! I'm in love with the Maine Coons too, and the Savanah cats which I hadn't seen before. Amazing spotted wild-looking cats! Really beautiful.
It was a fun day, and I'm looking forward to our summer meet-up!