After you cat died.

marsch21

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have buried two cats on our property. To mark their grave we have cement bricks painted and decorated up.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We generally bury pets in the yard. We don't move often, and when we do, its ok. I don't take the body, but after time passes, the body has gone anyhow. The memories are with us always.

I chose a nice area, hopefully with a significant marker. At my current home, it is a nice honeysuckle bush. Previously, it was a huge blue spruce tree.

I think you can do what you feel comfortable with. So long as it is respectful, it is ok.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Glory and Tiger are burried in my parent's backyard. We didn't have our own place when Tinsel died. I put a lock of my hair tied in a ribbon with Tiger, so a part of me would always be with her. I also tied a piece of the ribbon to an angel my great aunt (who just passed away this month) made for me that hangs in my bedroom. When Glory died I was too shocked and grief stricken to think to do that.

I also have a set of stackable boxes. The cats on it look a lot like my Glory did as a kitten. So that is where her collars and toys are.

kiaira

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kiaira was cremated privately and her ashes were returned to me in an urn. A lot of people I have told think it's odd, but I feel it's a very personal choice with no right or wrong decision so long as it's done respectfully. In my situation, I couldn't bare to have her cremated and laid to rest with other (and not our own) animals. She's at home with us...

bmmac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When my Pretty died I had her cremated. I live in an apartment and had no where to bury her. Her ashes now rest on a shelf in my bedroom.

Beth
(Tia's Mom)

ginnyp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We just buried my Candy kitty in our back yard two days after Christmas. I still stop and talk with her almost every night when I go to feed the horses and barn cats. I also have two other special kitties buried there as well.

It does concern me that I will leave them all behind in a couple of years when we do move to a smaller place, but by then, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll hopefully be past the need to be physically close to them (especially Candy), knowing memories of them and their spirits will stay with me forever.

All three kitties are buried quite deep and in a location that should never be disturbed (close to a Crimson King Maple tree that will grow quite large in time). Even when markers are removed, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll still know where they are at. I may tell whomever buys this place about them, or not . . . depending on how much I get to know them and their personalities.

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of Phil

My Charley is buried in the garden at my parents house. Each time I go there I spend a couple of minutes at her grave.

I guess it depends on the individual's wishes and circumstances....

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats are buried on our property except one that was hit by a car when I was out of town and DH put him in the garbage!!! Our only dog is buried fairly close to where my potting shed now stands so I will have to be careful in case I want to do any landscaping back there.. I was thinking of making a small hedge around where 2 of the cats are buried (tommie & sierra) with extra catnip plants.
Sheba is buried in my garden in by my potting shed. Her body was in rough shape when I had found it -the cops put in in a couple of grocery bags and so she remains. If we ever move I will dig her skeleton up and take it with me. If it wasn't so expensive I would have made I diamond from her too.

crt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When my previous cat, Romeo, passed away, I had him cremated because I live in a condo in a large city. I kept his remains with me for about a year and a half until I found the perfect place to bury/scatter his ashes. It is someplace where I often walk on the weekends and can stop and visit with him. He was originally a stray, and never totally adapted to being kept inside, so I felt he would be happiest being set free.

kateyes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I buried tom in our backyard and planted a light blue orchidea.
Tom had a green and a blue eye, the leafs of the plant represent his green eye and the flower represented his other eye.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my cats and 3 of the dogs are buried on my folks' property, except for Sandie, whom I rescued, and she is here on our place. It is very comforting for me to have their final resting places nearby. Unfortunately, my horses and my "very, very bestest" dog, Tasha, had to be taken to the county landfill. the horses, for some reason doesn't bother me as much as Tasha does, because she was so very close to me, the family, the cats (she was foster mom to some of them) and the only reason that I couldn't place her at home was because I'd hurt my neck in a car accident, and couldn't dig the spot and couldn't find anyone willing to do it for me (Tasha was a 100+ lb. White German Shepard/Husky who could put her front paws on my shoulder and look me in the eye and I'm almost 5'2"! )
By the way, condolences on your loss of Phil.

kaluvzmc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our 21 year old cat, Ralphy died at home, resting peacefully on his blanket. We buried him at home in the yard because that's where he's always lived and that's where he belonged. He loved the yard so much and now he is there forever. Our dog that passed about 2 years ago was put to sleep after having a stroke. Her 16th birthday had just passed and it was almost Christmas, but we knew it was only right to let her go, so that's what we did and we had her cremated at the vet's office.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had Pandora, my first cat to pass, cremated because I lived in an apartment at the time.

Since then, I decided to do the same with my cat Macumba and my dog Greta.

We don't plan to remain in this house long-term, and the soil in our yard is not deep enough to bury an animal properly. Plus I've decided I like having them in the house with me.

I put each pet's ashes (they come in a bag inside the box or urn from the crematory) into a decorative wooden box, along with some mementos from each pet - a photo, a collar, a poem, etc.

I prefer the look of the boxes in the living room rather than urns, and it's nice to be able to open the box and hold the mementos sometimes and remember my sweet RB pet.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
our 1st cat, doc, was very ill. we had to have him put down, I went to work, my husband took doc to the vet. when i got off. I pulled up at our house, Marvin was carving doc's name on a wooden cross he had made. He looked at me and said, "I have lost my own father, but I believe this is the hardiest thing I have ever done!" we both cried, as we set the cross at doc's grave. Marvin said, "Nothing will be able to ever get to him, I took one of my boot boxes, I wrapped doc in a towel, put him in the box, then I duct-taped it one way and then back the other way." We had 3 others after doc, there was rags, righes, buddy, they are all buried at the house we lived in for 10 yrs.
I wouldn't do any thing differently! I will always bury my cats, my son and i were coming home a couple of months ago, and on our rode was a stray, he had been hit and was dead. We went home, got some gloves, and plastic bags and went back, loaded him up and brought him home and buried him!

nagichan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had so many cats in my lifetime...Most of them are buried in my backyard...But when my 16 year old cat and my best friend since I was justa baby passed on we got her cremated...I guess a part of me didn't want to let go and have her become another good memory..Plus I feared leaving her behind...There were so many conflicting emotions at the time it was hard to even come to a decision. We kept the urn and the ashes and keep her close to us always..Maybe someday, when I find a special spot for her, I will lay the ahes to rest, but right now..I'm still searching for that place and my heart is unable to let go of the only tangible thing I have left of her

catlover67

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We just PTS my eldest cat Blondie on April 13th. She was very anxious and sick alot so my Parents decided it was time. She was around 13 years old.

I wanted to have her cremated and to keep her ashes in an urn. My mother said it was sick and bordered on idolatry. She wouldn't hear of it. So, we buried her in my parents backyard (away from the other three cats, Lily, Daisy, and Daphne who are buried behind the fir tree line on the property line). Blondie got her own special spot in the yard. After, I planted a daffadil plant over her grave and placed a special marker there.

I don't live with my parents so I won't be affected if they sell the house and move. I just find it hard to believe that she is gone right now

R.I.P Dear, sweet Blondie 10/93---04/13/06