After hairball surgery

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there, and before starting sorry for my english i hope i can tell my story correctly.
A month ago my cat suddenly started vomiting and rejecting her favorite foods. I took her to the vet, they xrayed her and there was nothing. These are continued for 10 days. And they thought my cat has reflux. Since my city has no endoscopy device we changed our city. Endoscopy showed that my cat's stomach is full Of hairball. They took her to surgery and she stayed there for 5 days. And here i am at the 9th day, my cat start vomiting again. I dont know what to do i feel so desperate. I feel like im going to lose my cat

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ı forget to tell after vomiting, she starts licking wall like crazy

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont think they have enough experience in this. And surely, i know my cat wont be healthy by writing her problem here. Just trying to find a cat dad/mom who had the same problem...

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The odds are practically non-existent of you finding someone on this site with the exact same problem(s) as your cat. And, even if you found someone with similar issues it does not mean the solution would be the same. You have got to consult with the vet(s) that you currently have as they are in the best position to help you right now.

Were they feeding her during those 5 days she was hospitalized, or did they just give her nutrients by IV? If so, that might explain the vomiting once you brought her home and are feeding her actual food. There is likely an undetermined reason that she was not processing all that hair, and it sounds to me that is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Your cat needs to be seen and re-examined by a vet. They may be able to see something on an x-ray that might help explain what is going on. And don't forget to tell them about the wall licking. That could have been brought on by the stress of throwing up, but there are numerous other possibilities and could even be related to a nutrient deficiency.

If you don't trust this vet, get a copy of all your cat's records and find another vet to share them with. One way or the other, the only way to help your cat is to start consulting with a vet - a new one or the one you have currently - and the sooner the better.

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your answer, we will go to a professor on Monday. These 2 days are going to be difficult. We went to our old vet for vomiting and he gave her Cerenia, we'll Just wait. Thank you

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is your cat Sevilay28 Sevilay28 ?
Did they give you any special food, for sensitive stomach, or hairball formula diet? from the cat hospital or cat clinic?

Does your cat take anything like a cat hairball supplement, such as that cat laxatone, cat hairball gel or hairball malt, or even some butter?
The 4 best hairball remedies for cats in 2021

Glad that you will be taking her back to see the Vet on Monday.
Looking at the sample you posted, it looks very serious, and a lot of hair in that vomit.
I'm hoping that after her surgery, she did not develop any type of intestinal 'stricture' at the surgery site.
I think they can only see this on an x-ray.

Do you know how the surgery, itself, was performed...with a laproscope/endoscope?
Or did they have to cut her open to remove the blockage?

Last edited:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
There's also a few good threads, on this Cat Site, if you do a "search" in the upper right hand corner.

What is a hairball?
The above thread has a link to this article: 5 surprising misconceptions about hairballs in cats - T.H.E. Cat Hospital

And these next two, also contain some useful info:
Hairballs....again....and a question
Damn, damn, damn hairballs!

But I do agree with FeebysOwner, and Mamanyt1953,...that this seems to be way more serious, and does need proper Vet examinations, again. Especially sounds like she may be anemic, and lacking an essential mineral, since she was licking the wall.
And she shouldn't be vomiting so much, after major surgery.

It sounds like complications after surgery, and hopefully the person you are taking her to on Monday, will have the experience to know what to do, right away.
Send them the photos, if you can, ..even beforehand.
Even send the photos, to any Vet, that you think may be able to help.
Seeing that, and explaining the situation, may help them to know what is going on.

Hoping you get some real good help for your girl cat on Monday.

Last edited:

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How old is your cat Sevilay28 Sevilay28 ?
Did they give you any special food, for sensitive stomach, or hairball formula diet? from the cat hospital or cat clinic?

Does your cat take anything like a cat hairball supplement, such as that cat laxatone, cat hairball gel or hairball malt, or even some butter?
The 4 best hairball remedies for cats in 2021

Glad that you will be taking her back to see the Vet on Monday.
Looking at the sample you posted, it looks very serious, and a lot of hair in that vomit.
I'm hoping that after her surgery, she did not develop any type of intestinal 'stricture' at the surgery site.
I think they can only see this on an x-ray.

Do you know how the surgery, itself, was performed...with a laproscope/endoscope?
Or did they have to cut her open to remove the blockage?
She's 2 years old. We use Gastrointestinal system formula since my first vet thought she has gastritis. And we use gimcat antihairball malt for her but it seems like it doesnt work.
Photo is not what she vomit, it's a hairball actually,surgically removed.
First they used endoscopy but there were so much hairball to take it. They cut her by laparoscopy

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There's also a few good threads, on this Cat Site, if you do a "search" in the upper right hand corner.

What is a hairball?
The above thread has a link to this article: 5 surprising misconceptions about hairballs in cats - T.H.E. Cat Hospital

And these next two, also contain some useful info:
Hairballs....again....and a question
Damn, damn, damn hairballs!

But I do agree with FeebysOwner, and Mamanyt1953,...that this seems to be way more serious, and does need proper Vet examinations, again. Especially sounds like she may be anemic, and lacking an essential mineral, since she was licking the wall.
And she shouldn't be vomiting so much, after major surgery.

It sounds like complications after surgery, and hopefully the person you are taking her to on Monday, will have the experience to know what to do, right away.
Send them the photos, if you can, ..even beforehand.
Even send the photos, to any Vet, that you think may be able to help.
Seeing that, and explaining the situation, may help them to know what is going on.

Hoping you get some real good help for your girl cat on Monday.
I hope that too. And im pretty sure we'll get results. This was a horrible times for us especially for her. Are there any suggestions for her to not to get stress during trip. Because it takes 3 hours

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
She's 2 years old. We use Gastrointestinal system formula since my first vet thought she has gastritis. And we use gimcat antihairball malt for her but it seems like it doesnt work.
Photo is not what she vomit, it's a hairball actually,surgically removed.
First they used endoscopy but there were so much hairball to take it. They cut her by laparoscopy
Oh, wow,...she is so young.
(I have only had to deal with a few hairballs in an previous elderly cat, who was 14 years old, at the time. And he would only throw up once every few months, but as he got older, it would be more often.)

It really sounds like you are doing everything you can, in using the special food, and also the Vets there, do sound good, since they did use laparoscopy for the surgery.

Does your cat lick her fur and groom herself, a lot?
As in does she over-groom?
Is she a long haired cat?

Did her Blood work show any unusual signs, in her minerals or electrolytes?
(could you possibly get a copy of her blood work, and post it here? even though none of us are Vets, it still might help for someone to see the results, and perhaps some one reading this thread...may come across it, and offer more suggestions. Sometimes it's just timing, as to when a person sees a thread.)

(Because you said she was licking the wall,...this had sounded like another previous cat of mine, who was anemic, and also suffered from fiv+ and felv+ complications.
But hopefully, your Vets have already ruled out felv or fiv...by doing bloodwork)

Another issue would be "motility issues" in your cat, as to why the hair is not passing through her intestines, like FeebysOwner, had already mentioned above, in their post.
Did you notice any excessive hair/fur...in her poop?
Motility issues are difficult to deal with, since they can stem from anything really.
Food allergies, IBD, genetics, inflammation, infection, worms or parasites, etc.

Before they did the surgery on your cat, did they also do an abdominal ultrasound?
This would hopefully see any blockages, foreign bodies, or strictures, too.
I hope that too. And im pretty sure we'll get results. This was a horrible times for us especially for her. Are there any suggestions for her to not to get stress during trip. Because it takes 3 hours
The only thing I can think of, which some members have said, is that they have given a medication called 'gabapentin', to their cats before a Vet visit.
But in your cat's case, this may affect the results, so I'm not sure, if your Vet would think it's okay to do this.
It causes mild sedation.
(there may be some 'cat calming treats' that you could try...but I've never had to use those, so would not know which to recommend)

If you can "Scent soak/Scent transfer" some fabric items....with her Scent on them,...by rubbing her body with cat towel, cat blanket, or even your t-shirt...then placing them in the cat carrier...this may help her to feel more relaxed...and comfortable...by having her familiar Scents with her, and around her.
Also, even placing a favorite soft cat toy, with her.

Some members have used 'Feliway spray' on their cat carriers, beforehand.

Covering her cat carrier, with a t-shirt, is what I saw another person do, (before the days of covid, when we were allowed to be waiting in the vet clinic offices.) I think she only did this, so her cat would not be frightened of the other animals.

3 hours is a lot. Are you taking bus or train, or your own car?
If you have your own car, then going early, and taking some road stop breaks, might help.
Having some water, if she is allowed to have some, would help, too.

see if any other ideas in these threads might help, too.:
Traveling With Cats [Inc. 36 actionable tips] – TheCatSite Articles
(somehow the links are not presently working, but there may be some good ideas without the links.)

Stress in Cats – The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles
Cat Basket

Wishing you the Best of Luck...and Plenty of Health Thoughts for your cat and you. :goodluck: :vibes::vibes::caticon:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm assuming they took blood besides an xray. I only feed my cats wet but a long time ago I left out dry while on a 10 day vacation. When I came back she had high white blood count and a stool stuck in her. She was on meds for 2 weeks

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, wow,...she is so young.
(I have only had to deal with a few hairballs in an previous elderly cat, who was 14 years old, at the time. And he would only throw up once every few months, but as he got older, it would be more often.)

It really sounds like you are doing everything you can, in using the special food, and also the Vets there, do sound good, since they did use laparoscopy for the surgery.

Does your cat lick her fur and groom herself, a lot?
As in does she over-groom?
Is she a long haired cat?

Did her Blood work show any unusual signs, in her minerals or electrolytes?
(could you possibly get a copy of her blood work, and post it here? even though none of us are Vets, it still might help for someone to see the results, and perhaps some one reading this thread...may come across it, and offer more suggestions. Sometimes it's just timing, as to when a person sees a thread.)

(Because you said she was licking the wall,...this had sounded like another previous cat of mine, who was anemic, and also suffered from fiv+ and felv+ complications.
But hopefully, your Vets have already ruled out felv or fiv...by doing bloodwork)

Another issue would be "motility issues" in your cat, as to why the hair is not passing through her intestines, like FeebysOwner, had already mentioned above, in their post.
Did you notice any excessive hair/fur...in her poop?
Motility issues are difficult to deal with, since they can stem from anything really.
Food allergies, IBD, genetics, inflammation, infection, worms or parasites, etc.

Before they did the surgery on your cat, did they also do an abdominal ultrasound?
This would hopefully see any blockages, foreign bodies, or strictures, too.

The only thing I can think of, which some members have said, is that they have given a medication called 'gabapentin', to their cats before a Vet visit.
But in your cat's case, this may affect the results, so I'm not sure, if your Vet would think it's okay to do this.
It causes mild sedation.
(there may be some 'cat calming treats' that you could try...but I've never had to use those, so would not know which to recommend)

If you can "Scent soak/Scent transfer" some fabric items....with her Scent on them,...by rubbing her body with cat towel, cat blanket, or even your t-shirt...then placing them in the cat carrier...this may help her to feel more relaxed...and comfortable...by having her familiar Scents with her, and around her.
Also, even placing a favorite soft cat toy, with her.

Some members have used 'Feliway spray' on their cat carriers, beforehand.

Covering her cat carrier, with a t-shirt, is what I saw another person do, (before the days of covid, when we were allowed to be waiting in the vet clinic offices.) I think she only did this, so her cat would not be frightened of the other animals.

3 hours is a lot. Are you taking bus or train, or your own car?
If you have your own car, then going early, and taking some road stop breaks, might help.
Having some water, if she is allowed to have some, would help, too.

see if any other ideas in these threads might help, too.:
Traveling With Cats [Inc. 36 actionable tips] – TheCatSite Articles
(somehow the links are not presently working, but there may be some good ideas without the links.)

Stress in Cats – The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles
Cat Basket

Wishing you the Best of Luck...and Plenty of Health Thoughts for your cat and you. :goodluck: :vibes::vibes::caticon:
Her blood works are normal, but interestingly, the mucous membranes are anemic,she said. For this, she recommended an ferric(? Dont know what you are saying this) preparation after our 14-day treatment is over. We will use famotidine, antepsin and Metpamide for 14 days. Her biochemistry is normal like everything else. Including ultrasound and x-ray. Only on the X-ray they saw that the stomach wall was irregular. So, we hope this treatment works. I really did everything i can. So much money were spended. And also very tired psychologically

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Her blood works are normal, but interestingly, the mucous membranes are anemic,she said. For this, she recommended an ferric(? Dont know what you are saying this) preparation after our 14-day treatment is over. We will use famotidine, antepsin and Metpamide for 14 days. Her biochemistry is normal like everything else. Including ultrasound and x-ray. Only on the X-ray they saw that the stomach wall was irregular. So, we hope this treatment works. I really did everything i can. So much money were spended. And also very tired psychologically
Thanks so much for this update, Sevilay28 Sevilay28 . :)

(If it was me, honestly, it would take me 3 days just to recover from taking a sick animal to the Vet, since like you said,.. it is both psychologically, physically, and emotionally, so tiring.
Please take good care of yourself, too, and get plenty of rest, food, water, and relaxation, too.
Whenever our animals are sick, we naturally all worry so much.)

Take it 'day by day' and keep up your strength,...since whatever your 2 year old cat has, is hopefully going to be treated with the medications. :bluepaw:

The reason I had asked about her age, and if she was a long hair cat, is because I had thought it strange that she had suddenly started to vomit, just a month ago.

If you can think back,...Could you remember if your cat could have 'eaten anything which she is not supposed to'...like any objects on the floor, or small toy plastics, rubber bands, hair elastics, or even any medications that may have dropped onto the floor, too.?

(my female cat, age 6 years, at the time, had suddenly stopped eating one weekend. We took her to the Vet, on a monday, who also did bloodwork, gave her cerenia, and mirtazapine. She did begin to eat a little bit, but was not using the litter box for bowel movements (poop), for more than two days,... only urine (pee). Her blood work was also good, but because of not using the litter box for pooping, I was extremely worried, and emailed the Vet back, to ask what more could we do. She said to bring her in next day, for an x-ray, and Enema. Thank god, since by doing this, the Vet had found a 'partial blockage'...where she told us that it looked like my cat had eaten a 'piece of sponge', the small type that I use for cleaning dishes, pots, pans, etc. I was so relieved that the blockage was found, and that the Enema did work. But it took my cat a full 3-4 days to fully recover from the Enema, and even though she began eating right away, she only ate in small portions, until she felt much better. Probably by day 5)

"...We will use famotidine, antepsin and Metpamide for 14 days."
"Her blood works are normal, but interestingly, the mucous membranes are anemic,she said. For this, she recommended an ferric(? Dont know what you are saying this) preparation after our 14-day treatment is over."
"Only on the X-ray they saw that the stomach wall was irregular. So, we hope this treatment works."

I hope the treatment works, too. :)

(I think that the Metpamide...might be called Metoclopramide, here, ..so if it is...it just says to keep an eye out for 'constipation' in cats.
Metoclopramide for Veterinary Use
Metoclopramide for Cats
https://veterinarypartner.vin.com/default.aspx?pid=19239&id=4951405

The ferric (iron preparation) should help with the anemia.
It is interesting that her mucus membranes looked anemic, but it did not show on the blood work.
Perhaps she is not very low in iron, (ferric), then.

Another reason I had asked if she were a long haired cat, and if she liked to constantly lick herself,...is because I was thinking that if she did indeed always swallow so much fur,...then you might have to consider giving her a 'lion-cut'...during the times when you think she is 'over-grooming', or 'shedding so much fur'.
But I would only do this, if you notice too much fur in her poop, (and if your Vet thinks that this is okay),...since I don't know how cats keep warm, when their owners give them the 'lion-cut hair style'.

Anyhow, hopefully with the medications she is now taking,..that her 'feline intestinal and digestive system' have a time to recover,... and get back to normal.
I think the food you mentioned, the 'gastrointestinal system formula' food... probably has good fiber, and nutrients for her to absorb.

Sending you many "Health Thoughts" and a Very Fast Recovery...for your cat.
May she eat like she normally does, and get stronger every day. :vibes::vibes::caticon: :grouphug: :heartshape:

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you can think back,...Could you remember if your cat could have 'eaten anything which she is not supposed to'...like any objects on the floor, or small toy plastics, rubber bands, hair elastics, or even any medications that may have dropped onto the floor, too.?
It is very famous for my cat to eat plastic slippers. In fact, we thought that there was a blockage for a long time because of this. That's why we waste so much time. But as I said, we also opened the intestine. There was nothing.
İrmik is not longhaired but she's so fluffy. I'll add a picture Of her :)

Yes, I will change metpamide both in terms of constipation and because not working. Today I will consult the vet and learn how to inject ondansetron. Because i gave her medpamide last night, but she vomited 4 times. I think it's more important to prevent vomiting in the first place for the drugs to take effect.

Another reason I had asked if she were a long haired cat, and if she liked to constantly lick herself,...is because I was thinking that if she did indeed always swallow so much fur,...then you might have to consider giving her a 'lion-cut'...during the times when you think she is 'over-grooming', or 'shedding so much fur'.
But I would only do this, if you notice too much fur in her poop, (and if your Vet thinks that this is okay),...since I don't know how cats keep warm, when their owners give them the 'lion-cut hair style'.
Yuppp she licks herself soooo much. One vet recommended the lion cut I'm worried that this will stress her out even more. I dont know if its too much but 2 days ago i saw fur in her poop.

Sending you many "Health Thoughts" and a Very Fast Recovery...for your cat.
May she eat like she normally does, and get stronger every day. :vibes:
Thank you so much for all your good wishes and help. Because when your cat is sick, it feels so lonely and helpless. Its like nobody gets you and what youre going through. I hope i will give some good news. Sending all my love to your pets. :)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
It is very famous for my cat to eat plastic slippers. In fact, we thought that there was a blockage for a long time because of this. That's why we waste so much time. But as I said, we also opened the intestine. There was nothing.
İrmik is not long haired but she's so fluffy. I'll add a picture Of her :)
Are you sure you do not have a "part-cat..part-dog" for eating plastic slippers,...instead of a "real cat"...over there? :eek2: (joking). :blush: :wink:
(It's just that 'eating plastic slippers' is something my labrador-mix dog would do...not my two cats. (I hope).)

Though, my female cat does like to chew on my 'headphone little audio wires, and also cell-phone charging wires...so perhaps plastic tastes good and chewy to our cats. Who knows. I used to think my female cat liked to chew on them, in front of me,...to get my attention, to go and feed her, or to go and play with her.) :dunno:
Yes, I will change metpamide both in terms of constipation and because not working. Today I will consult the vet and learn how to inject ondansetron. Because i gave her medpamide last night, but she vomited 4 times. I think it's more important to prevent vomiting in the first place for the drugs to take effect.
You are absolutely right, it is important to prevent vomiting in the first place.

But "WHY"...is she vomiting so much...is another good question. (especially so close to after she went for her surgery) 🤔

Did any of the Vets...that you have spoken to....mention the word "Stricture"...in the intestines...at all?
'Strictures'...sometimes happen, when an intestinal surgery is performed...and the place where the 'cut is made'...is healing.
Then a 'scar like tissue'...forms over the 'healing cut'...and reduces the 'size of the intestinal opening'.
It reduces the diameter of the intestinal opening.

If you can ask the Vet surgeon...or the Vet who saw her, and did the ultrasound...and just make sure that they did not see any sort of 'strictures' that formed at the 'healing surgical sites'.?
These would be areas of inflammation that are healing.

(I was so surprised, last year, by a thread I was on, where the member had spoken of objects that their cat had eaten.
And then another member had said the same thing, and that they had to have surgeries to remove these 'foreign objects' from the cat's intestines. I never knew that cats would eat and swallow so many things. I thought that only dogs did this.)

Sometimes cats will also vomit, if they are 'allergic' to a certain 'new ingredient' in one of the cat foods.
They can develop allergies, too,...but I would think that you would also notice her 'poop' being runny and wet, or hard, or different than before,...if this type of issue was happening.

What I'm more concerned with,...is why she began vomiting...and why does she continue to vomit...after the blockage is gone? 🤔
Yuppp she licks herself soooo much. One vet recommended the lion cut I'm worried that this will stress her out even more. I dont know if its too much but 2 days ago i saw fur in her poop.
That is true about the stress.
Maybe you can watch some youtube videos, and learn to do it yourself...and at home.

Oh, but I just saw her photo...and no, I think that Irmik...is not a long hair cat,( like a Persian or Siberian cat which is long hair)
(edit to add: you exactly said that Irmik is not a long haired. I honestly have to learn to pay more attention.:doh:)
(my apologies for not reading better. :blush: :paperbag:)
Irmik looks more like a DSH...Domestic Short hair,...although yes, she looks to have very nice, soft, fluffy fur.

I really don't know how much 'fur in poop' is normal.
I wonder if there is a some sort of feline 'chart for fur in poop' online.:think: :greenpaw::idea:
Thank you so much for all your good wishes and help. Because when your cat is sick, it feels so lonely and helpless. Its like nobody gets you and what youre going through. I hope i will give some good news. Sending all my love to your pets. :)
You are very welcome.
I do understand how difficult it is, when we have sick cats,...and you are right, it does feel totally helpless, and lonely at times. :hugs: :grouphug:
(Often times, when my own animals were sick, I did tell people around me, but many of them do not have animals, and could not relate to what I was saying, although they were a bit concerned. The ones that did have animals, could not offer any useful help.)

That helpless feeling, I do not like either, so I would go on the internet...and try to find out as much information as I could.
The only problem is...that sometimes there is 'way too much information'...for our own brains to take in...and some of it does not even apply. Or it always has some bad outcomes, so I would not like to even read the information. Yet I do want to know of all the outcomes...so I go back and re-read...when I feel more rested.

Most websites, too, always say to 'take them to the Vet'...which is fine...but still it would be helpful, if there was a website...that actually explained,...in details,...what a Vet would actually do, and what procedures...in step-by-step...they can do.
I guess that would be asking a lot...but I would like to know these things.

Sometimes you have to read all the "comment sections" in some web sites...and still are confused on what to try...or what is best recommended...when it concerns medications, or products.

Thank you, I will tell my pets, and give them some more patting and love from you.
And sending that love...right back your way...for your Irmik, too. ❤
Here is Irmik:)
She is beautiful. :loveeyes:
She has such pretty eyes, and her fur does look so soft. :cloud9:

Tell Irmik...that cats only have 'nine lives'...and that she has now used up about 'two cat lives'...so she must get better Fast...and 'spread out her other seven lives'.
(I don't know if you have this saying of cats having 'nine lives' over there.
But it is a very common saying, over here.)

Hope to hear good updates,
and that your Irmik can stop vomiting and hold down some food.

Maybe you will have to give her some 'bland type of food'...or some 'critical care prescription food'...to see if this helps.
Here, they use 'baby food' with meat...but no onions or garlic...to help a cat eat again.

Or even baked chicken...with no added ingredients.
Some tuna, or tuna water.
Try anything you can think of...to hopefully get some food into your Irmik, and get extra calories in her.
If you have anything like Nutrical paste...then...that may help, too.

Last edited:

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What I'm more concerned with,...is why she began vomiting...and why does she continue to vomit...after the blockage is gone? 🤔
In fact, no one can give a correct answer to this. But the common guess is that so much hair causes stomach ulcers. And he vomits whenever food or feathers come into contact with the ulcer.
Did any of the Vets...that you have spoken to....mention the word "Stricture"...in the intestines...at all?
'Strictures'...sometimes happen, when an intestinal surgery is performed...and the place where the 'cut is made'...is healing.
Then a 'scar like tissue'...forms over the 'healing cut'...and reduces the 'size of the intestinal opening'.
It reduces the diameter of the intestinal opening.
No, And if there was such a thing, I'm sure it would show up on an ultrasound or X-ray.
Its like she's human half demon..... :)
Yes, they say take her to the vet, I do, we went 5 vets at least. but as you can see, the result is obvious. After a while, you look for people who experience the same things as you, you expect something from them. You read the comments on all the forums.
You tell your friends, yes, but no one holds your hand or cries with you when your cat is vomiting at the end of the day. It's always nice to have someone who has gone through the same thing.
And I hope she has 7 more lives. Because I have one life and I feel like I lost half of it.