advice please...really bad situation :(

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

If everything is on the up and up, what does he even have to hide?

Exactly. People don't lie unless they have something to hide, or if they're trying to cover their own behinds for whatever reason.

tomcat38134

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Interesting to see so many different emotions as well as from both genders. Everyone has an opinion and makes great points. Bottom line is, as I believe its Oprah that says "(that gut feeling) the quiet whisper you hear just before you hit that brick wall is God speaking to you......how many times hindsite do we say I knew it, I had a gut feeling, that is the whisper we heard and chose to ignore because we did not WANT to hear it". So do not worry what anyone else thinks about your decision, go with your gut feeling it will not steer you wrong. Be all in or all out and move forward. The decisions you make today, this minute, is carving paths for the rest of your life. When you look back you want to say "i am so glad I trusted myself", everything that happens has a purpose, good or bad.

On a side note, i do agree with this last thing about the vet. Thats some bs she is manipulating a soft spot in your heart, why else would she do that? He possibly is completely innocent but sounds like more on her end. If you choose to trust him I certainly would not trust her. If it were me, one more incident on her end would require a phone call to her hubby.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

I almost feel like his possession, not someone he loves but he still wants to be with me because he likes the idea of his life with me in it
You feel like his possession now? Think of how you'll feel, if you actually marry him.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise

My fiancee lied to me today, and it just broke my heart into a million pieces.
So to tell the full story, his ex girlfriend came over one night, and it was weird- first of all we'd been drinking and I had never met her before, so I told Kyle that I didn't think it was a good day for her to come over, and I like to be 100% myself and sober when I meet new people. Well, he said it was going to be only for a little while, and I got really upset and went to take a nap, and as I was laying in bed I realized how wrong the whole situation is, her coming over and me having to stay in my bedroom because of that!! So, I got so worked up that I left, and because i couldn't drive I went inside my car and in the parking lot and started crying. It was awful!!
when Kyle realized I'd been gone he just texted I guess I'll see you later. He didn't know where I was, he knew I'd been drinking and my car was far out of sight , and I started to get even more upset at his lack of concern. Later I just got bored sitting out there and I came back inside, and I said hello to his ex, and she seemed to kno so much about our relationship that it just broke my heart that he has been telling her all these details and not telling me that he is talking to her at all!! The next day I asked him to stop talking to her about our relationship and just cool it down with her because they seem to be inappropriately too close.
So, today he was texting someone named Jason, I never heard of this person before, and I had a bad feeling about it...
Well surprise surprise, I followed my gut instinct and reverse looked up the number from his phone, and it turns out it's his ex, and he put her under "Jason" in his phone so that I don't know it's her!!
It's sooo wrong.. and i don't know what to do, he is apologiziing but its not enough...
i don't want us to break up, we are engaged and really seriuos and have invested a lot in our relationship, and things have been great other than this incident with the ex...but at the same time this raises a huge red flag!!! Is it possible to save our relationship if so what am I supposed to do....ughh this is awfullllllll
Okay, I think you've gotten plenty great advice - hope you are able to end your drama by making the decision you know you should. (end)

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This is just it Laurie, you said it so well, and I don't think I could EVER want to be an open book to Kyle ever again...
In fact, I don't feel the inclination to share anything with him anymore

I told him I need time to decide if we will continue with this or not. And not to rush me. He said take as long as you need. I really just want to forget he exists and ever existed for as long as I can get away with it...
My heart hurts for you!
This must be extremely difficult for you - torn between a heavy heart and your head telling you everything otherwise.

Only you can decide what to do, but I will tell you this... no matter what it is in life - if you ever have any doubts about it at all - then it is better to not go through with it because in the end it will turn into regret.

I know this because I have had to learn the hard way - and there is no way for me to ever "fix" it.

However, you still have that choice - to walk away before things get too complicated and you are dealing with an expensive divorce and fighting for the only thing that matters - your kids. I have a friend who is going through this right now and the woman is horrid. He regrets ever having married her and is now fighting for his son.

You don't need time because you already know the answer. It is always hard to let go of the things that hurt us the most, but the longer we hold on the long we hurt and it never allows for us to start healing.

You have already made your decision based on your last sentence. The hardest part to moving forward is taking that first step....

Take it and don't look back. Rely on yourself, love yourself and the right person will come along. It will happen when you least expect it.

Have faith in yourself....

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

OMG! I'm going to be completely blunt here because I can't stand it anymore!

If you were in front of my I would shake you until you came to your senses!

You keep saying "I don't know", but the fact is that you DO KNOW but you don't want to make the decision.

What is it? Better to be with someone than alone? Wrong!!! It's better to be alone than unhappy and miserable in a relationship.

Wake up!!!! This guy is poison and is only going to keep doing what he's doing and it will ruin your life. You will end up married to this creep, have his kids and then end up finally coming to your senses years down the road only to be tied to him for the rest of your life because there is a kid involved. Wake up!

I didn't realize this was the guy and the grandmothers engagement ring. He didn't have the balls to stand up for you to his family. What a loser!

Now he's sneaking around with his ex and concealing her identity and probably told her to call you about the cat.

This guy is a lying manipulative jerk, and it won't get any better either. This punk has knocked down your self esteem to the point where you will accept anything he does and forgive him for it. Stop that!!!!

You keep saying that you don't know, but you do. Dump the guy. Make it a clean break. Don't talk to him. Don't see him. Walk away and have yourself a good life.

One day you will find someone who loves you heart and soul enough to stand up for you and to be open and honest with you and to take your feelings into consideration instead of trampling all over them. You are a worthy person and you deserve all of that and so much more.

And there are lots that he hasn't done for you that speaks volumes about how he feels for you. Like:

1. Take your feelings and desires into account.
2. Not stand up to his grandmother about that stupid ring.
3. Sneaking aound with his ex behind your back.
4. Inviting her over regardless of how you felt about it.
5. Changing her name on his phone so you wouldn't know he was talking to her.
6. Telling her to call you about the sick cat to manipulate her way into your life.

If I talked to you for even 1/2 hour I'm sure I could come up with many more.

The problem is that you are too close to the situation and can't see what an abused woman you are. If this was happening to your very best friend in the whole world, or your sister, you would see it differently.

Get out now while you still can.
That's what I love about Linda -- nary a word gets minced, by golly! And she's totally on target. I've been in a situation where I felt like a possession, as you yourself said. It was a long time ago, and yes, I eventually got out... but I know the deep, permanent damage a bad relationship can do to your psyche. And I think we all see in your posts that the damage is already underway.

There's a trap a man like this will lead you into. Little by little, by word and deed, he'll wear down your self-image, convincing you that you're incredibly lucky to have anybody in your life, because you are such a loser. He may even come right out and tell you that nobody else will ever want anything to do with you, so you'd better hang onto him for dear life, or you'll end up alone forever.

THESE ARE LIES. His ego may be such that he actually believes these things himself, but they are lies, and the longer you spend with him, the deeper those lies will settle into your subconscious. You've got to get away!

Originally Posted by Tink80

oh boy. my first ever boyfriend was like this and i stayed for too long because it was my first relationship and didn't know any better.
he is going to manipulate you and make you feel crazy and paranoid and that it's your fault...it's not even worth arguing with him.
just run away. run away now. FAST. with your ears plugged so you won't have to listen to his lies anymore.
And right there is the best possible plan of action. Don't talk it over, don't go through a tearful goodbye, don't try to achieve "closure" -- just gather everything that's yours and get out, preferably when he's not at home. Get out, exclude him from your life, and go spend your time with people who make you feel good about yourself, instead of tearing you down.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not going to tell you to dump him either, and here's the reason why:

At the beginning of my relationship with my boyfriend, we lived 3000 miles away. It was very hard, but we loved each other so much, we were determined to make it work. Somewhere along the way, I become friends with this guy from school, and we developed a special bond. I loved him like a brother (that's the closest way I can explain it) and I was sort of a surrogate stand-in for the girlfriend that he lost. I basically stayed close to him, let him take me to lunch at fast food places and held his hand. It never went any farther than that. I thought I was doing him a favor, just helping him not feel so lonely while he healed from the girlfriend whom he lost. But I was doing myself a giant disfavor. I lied and betrayed my boyfriends trust to help out a guy that most likely only wanted to steal me away from my boyfriend. I hurt my boyfriend in the deepest way possible. And I'm sure that's how you are feeling.

I would relay to your boyfriend the seriousness of the situation. Try your very best not to cry as a lot of guys then blame you as being overemotional and you've lost your whole argument. Explain to him that he lied to you and betrayed your trust and that you have every right to leave him. Explain to him that if he wants to keep you, all communication between him and his ex has to stop. He is untrustworthy and if he wants to earn it back, he can no longer talk to her for any reason. His phone will have to be free for examination at any time. If he truly loves you, he will agree and you can move on with your relationship. If he refuses, he is not worth your time.

Edit: I think its a good thing and not a bad thing that he asked what he can do to remedy the situation.

Originally Posted by LuvMyParker

Yeah, this whole thing is weird. Your fiance must know about her marriage and the fact that she is not suppose to have male friends, yet he doesn't respect that? If he REALLY loves you, he would never have hid the truth from you and if he had any sense in his brain, he would leave a married woman alone, especially knowing the culture she married into.
Really? If you had a good friend, and they called you up one day and said 'I cant talk to you ever again because I'm getting married', you'd be OKAY with that????

Weird but today I get a text from the girl, saying her cat is sick and she needs help. Of course I had to offer to give her a ride to the vets office, and I gave her my vets address...
No, you didn't. This is her trying to suck up to you and make you trust her so that you ignore the situation and the grand possibility that she is trying to sleep with your fiance.

Kyle has been sucking up to me all this time after me finding out about it, which only shows how manipulative he is
Our wedding isnt' even planned, we just got engaged, so it's not like we are about to make this decision,and I am definitely returning his ring and the engagement is called off, but I know him, he won't give up on this so easily. He will try to get me back ...I almost feel like his possession, not someone he loves but he still wants to be with me because he likes the idea of his life with me in it...
It's all just so very sad
This part I don't understand. Shouldn't you WANT him to feel bad and try to be nice to your after this? If it was my boyfriend, he better do a LOT of sucking up to get me to stay...

Originally Posted by Ducman69

I would probably do the same thing and put her under a different name to avoid a drama fest as its just simpler as the path of least resistance. And personally, if my SO thought she could decide who I am and am not allowed to associate with, especially when I've known them long before the relationship even started... I'd be pretty miffed.
I agree with you for the most part, but this?????
You realize this is lying right??? How would you feel if you found out your girl was talking to some attractive guy behind your back and changing his name so you wouldn't find out!!
This is a terrible way to go about making a loving relationship.

and I have no trust in him to think it's his ex!!! He threw a fit over how I don't trust him...
If he is saying this, it is because he's lying to you. I'd know... >__<

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I can see, there is another person involved here. SHE is being deceitful to HER hubby. If she converted to be a Muslim, then you can bet your bottom dollar that she has not informed her hubby. Both your FH and his ex are being deceitful. I wonder if he knows what his wifey is up to while he is away.

In the 70's I was engaged to a guy who left for the Army. While he was stationed in Colorado, he invited me out to see him. He stated that he had an apartment off base and a room mate. A room mate named PAM! It was supposed to be platonic but how can some get an STD during a platonic relationship. He was the one who told me too!

Well, I ended it right then and there. It was hard, as he was my first real BF. I met my DH a few years later and the rest is history.

I won't tell you what to do, as only you can make that ultimate decision. But you need to do some hard thinking.