Advice on taming feral kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank Laurie. Yes I think Bay ought to go directly to an adoptive family. My feral Siamese did very well, but I had him so well socialized that he didnt miss a beat going into the Rescue's foster home.

He is adopted now too - email update at the bottom!

I got a great inquiry from someone in upstate NY who saw his Petfinder posting - I would love to place him there, LOL. Course there's the little matter of GETTING him there. Sigh.

He would have a good indoor only home, lots of other kitty buddies and a nice quite home with experienced cat owners (4 cats , 2 of whom are coons...) Low stress and no "demands" on him. I think it quite a good
placement actually. Now, if only I could get him done at the vets!

Still waiting in line...

Meantime, I felt terrible cause the taming lady who cage tames told me I was too soft on Baby for not scruffing and medicating him.
Well, I feel bad, but you know I have problems medicating MY OWN cats, let alone a semi feral I'm trying to tame! I felt sort of offended.

I mean, after all the REASON i have this kitten is the tamer lady wouldn't TAKE him AFTER sending me out to trap!! Because she was on travel!!
That's how he got lose in my house in the first place!! GRRRR.

So again I got stuck with a cat no one wants to help me place, and which if it stays with me, will wind up being an doordoor kitty (as my feral youngesters can't be weaned off it - particularly my former feral male).

So I feel Just like with T.T. Except T.T. was an unusually sweet kitty and there are people who WANT a special breed like him, and he tamed with no effort at all.

And Siamese Rescue (they SO ROCK) helped me with him. I owe em a few favors - transportation or something like that, since I don't quite qualify for foster home status.

In fact this is the heartwarming email I got from the new adoptive parents of my formerly "he will never tame feral Siamese" cat - sent via Siamese Rescue:

He is the sweetest little boy! Not only loves to cuddle me and purr, but he and Skye are so well-suited to each other's temperaments, they are adorable together, perfect brothers. As soon as he came out and they met, everyone has been eating well, using the litter box, and playing well. Mr. Van Gogh (I didn't get the whole reference til I noticed part of his ear missing!!!), now Sunny (it suits his coloring and disposition, and I knew a Vinnie I didn't like) is the sleuthing investigator, goes everywhere he shouldn't, flattens himself like a pancake and can fit around and under furniture where no other kitty has gone before (including my plants, but no damage yet.) Mr. Skye is the artful dodger, laying in wait for him, so he can pounce, run, and roll around together. There is no nastiness at all, they share the toys, perches, and windows, watching the squirrels and birds together. My favorite is after they rough and tumble play, they groom each other and fall asleep together. Very
entertaining, and very cute. They truly seem to love each other as playmates and companions, and we are all a very happy family. Please pass this on to the wonderful lady who rescued him from the feral life- what a blessing for all! Thanks,
Meowmy

So maybe I can hope for the same with my little Baby. He has the most lovely of Coon style faces - looks very wild, LOL.